What is your why?

Options

Replies

• FreshAndAlive
    FreshAndAlive Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever, I am my why. I have yo-yo dieted for more years than I care to count and my reasons for losing weight have always been other people or things. This time, I've done it for me. And, it's made all the difference. I've lost over fifteen pounds, I feel amazing, and I don't feel like it's something I HAVE to do...like I'm being forced. I'm choosing this for me, and that has changed everything. <3

I commend you for being so honest. Many of us do things for "other people or things." It's time we do things for ourselves and with no apology or guilt. Congratulations on the weight loss! #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have spent the past several years taking care of someone else and putting myself last. I am finishing up with a horrendous divorce. Now is the time to take care of me and the revenge body will just be a nice side effect. :wink:

You're an inspiration! Countless women put themselves last and it is a burden. Divorce, I don't know what that's like but I know it can shake people's worlds. I sense that it is shaking your world for the better. New possibilities and a chance to explore & embrace who you are as an individual outside of caretaking/giving awaits you. #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    My Dad died last year at 68 from diabetes complications. He was a sick man for 15 years, and in the last 5 years had an average of 4 heart attacks a year. I'm surprised he lasted that long. It broke my heart to watch, especially knowing if he'd made changes at 40 when he was diagnosed his quality and length of life might have been much improved. When I spoke to his doctor in the hospital while he was drowning in his own lung fluid, his doctor said he had been in so much pain he was surprised he hadn't taken all his pills and ended it all. I removed a full sized garden rubbish bag of medication from his house after he passed.

My Dad was 26 years older than me. I refuse to accept the same fate.

My sincere condolences. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Death is never welcomed even while knowing it is an inevitable reality. But it can sure put things into perspective, remind us of the delicacy of life and force us to make life changes for the better. Perhaps your father's passing is God's way of telling you to invest in your health and joy. In fact to take make it yourself responsibility here on out! I am proud of you & I am rooting for you! #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    mwalle09 wrote: »
    I'm turning 30 this year and I look nothing like the body I was 10 or 12 years ago, I want to be the athlete again.

30! What an awesome age that is! A great reason to be an athlete again! You can do it! #thanksforsharing
    I want to be able to wear cute clothes and not feel uncomfortable. Wear shorts without being self conscious. Wear pretty dresses. I want to take my kids to the pool or beach and run around with them and play and not feel ashamed.

It is definitely a privilege to go shopping and be comfortable wearing anything. I hear you! You can "be able to wear cute clothes and not feel uncomfortable." You can take your "kids to the pool or beach and run around with them and play." You can do all of that and you have NOTHING to be ashamed about! And I sense that you are a great mother and a great person outside of motherhood.
  • FreshAndAlive
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Osie95 wrote: »
    I've never been thin, ever. Ive suffered with my mental health for a very long time. I want to do this for me, I don't want to be this person anymore.

Being thin is overrated! There is nothing wrong with being thin and there is nothing wrong with being thick as well. What is important is to be healthy. Health is Wealth, especially peace of mind. Mental illness is real but there is more to you than mental health. It doesn't nor should it ever define you. I love and respect that you are doing this for you. You have my full support! I mean that and with love! One of the greatest things you can do for yourself is to explore and invest in all the things you are passionate about. Doing what you love is a great recipe for joy! Also practicing gratitude by writing down one thing you are grateful for each day. #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    edited April 2017
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    My husband and I made a tiny human and I feel an overwhelming responsibility to be there for her and to lead by example. I do not want her to have the same struggles I did. I don't want to be the parent that watches their kid from the couch, or that teaches them that sitting on the couch watching TV has more value than running around outside. I have to be able to keep up with her (this kid is FAST!). When she's older I want her to remember that she had quality time with me at the park, on our family 5Ks, swimming, playing sports, taking active and fun vacations. When she sees pictures of the super morbidly obese version of me I want her to wonder who the lady in the pictures is. I also want to push my limits and become the best version of myself I can be for myself and the rest of my family. I want to do as much LIVING as possible.

Tiny human! I love that, I'm going to stop calling them babies
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    My husband and I made a tiny human and I feel an overwhelming responsibility to be there for her and to lead by example. I do not want her to have the same struggles I did. I don't want to be the parent that watches their kid from the couch, or that teaches them that sitting on the couch watching TV has more value than running around outside. I have to be able to keep up with her (this kid is FAST!). When she's older I want her to remember that she had quality time with me at the park, on our family 5Ks, swimming, playing sports, taking active and fun vacations. When she sees pictures of the super morbidly obese version of me I want her to wonder who the lady in the pictures is. I also want to push my limits and become the best version of myself I can be for myself and the rest of my family. I want to do as much LIVING as possible.

• carysmatik2017
    carysmatik2017 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Honeymoon in December! & finally wear a bikini!!
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    Tiny human! I love that
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options

• mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds totally vain, but I wanna be HOT! Yes, I could say it's for my health, because I like feeling strong, because I my husband is often away for work and I need to be able to move furniture by myself....

But really, I love being the "hot sister"!!!!!

:sunglasses:
  • FreshAndAlive
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I want to look good, feel great, raise money for charity and be able to play with my kids until they're tired and not the other way around!
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options

Tiny human! I love that, I'm going to stop calling them babies. "Being there for her and leading by example " is an overwhelming and honorable responsibility. You are a great mother and your daughter will appreciate you and your efforts if she doesn't already.

• FreshAndAlive
    Options

Tiny human! I love that, I'm going to stop calling them babies. "Being there for her and leading by example " is an overwhelming and honorable responsibility. You are a great mother and your daughter will appreciate you and your efforts if she doesn't already. Those activities are awesome! Becoming your best version is a necessary and noble endeavor. Your family will be strengthened by your efforts and appreciate that your personhood goes beyond your role as a mother. Cheers to LIVING! #thanksforsharing

• FreshAndAlive
    Options

Tiny human! I love that, I'm going to stop calling them babies. "Being there for her and leading by example " is an overwhelming and honorable responsibility. You are a great mother and your daughter will appreciate you and your efforts if she doesn't already. These activities are awesome! Becoming your best version is necessary and Noble.

• FreshAndAlive
    Options