Keto

Anyone else doing keto besides myself? What "snacks/treats" fill you up or keep you sane?only a week for me so far and open to suggestions

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Big pile of broccoli and roasted chicken or tri tip, mmm mmm.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited April 2017
    Also I totally peeped your diary, that's way way way too many carbs for keto...

you ought to be around 20-25 to get into keto, and maintain keto at around 50g or so.
  • jaybelovely
    jaybelovely Posts: 53 Member
    I'm definitely aware as to why I'm posting this! :)

Trying to get my options together. Done tons of research. I was getting upper 200's of carbs prior so I'm easing my way.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    I found easing into low carb to be the most effective overall because once there its easier to maintain.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Joining the group is a great place to start. It should also be noted that you want to consume 3-5000 mg of sodium a day.
  • bwolff3
    bwolff3 Posts: 1 Member
    My ultimate snack: salmon dip (smoked salmon, mayo, cream cheese,capers, onion) on crispy pork cracklins. High fat, high protein, lots of flavor, keeps me full from lunch to late dinner! NO CARBS (well.... very few!)
  • jaybelovely
    bwolff3 wrote: »
    My ultimate snack: salmon dip (smoked salmon, mayo, cream cheese,capers, onion) on crispy pork cracklins. High fat, high protein, lots of flavor, keeps me full from lunch to late dinner! NO CARBS (well.... very few!)

Sounds so great! Send more if interested!
  • jaybelovely
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    The group linked above is a great source of information.

The sodium suggestion is smart too. Increase salt intake to about 2 teaspoons per day. If you get headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, weakness or crankiness, your sodium is probably still too low.

My favorite snacks are pepperoni, nuts, cheese, nuts, veggies with dip, nuts and coffee with whipped cream. I probably eat too many nuts. ;)

Good luck.

Thanks for the sodium insight. I didn't understand it's importance, until today. Thanks!
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Costco has these air fried cheese disks called "whisps" that I'm totally addicted to, plus I love to snack on full fat unflavored greek yogurt, cheese, salami, left over meat, smoked salmon.
  • Scfit1
    Scfit1 Posts: 2 Member
    Ground beef and sour cream, guac, cheese was my go to
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Ground beef with eggs and cheese are my snacks ..... Spicy pork rinds too mmmm
  • jaybelovely
    Scfit1 wrote: »
    Ground beef and sour cream, guac, cheese was my go to

This sounds unhealthily delicious
  • jaybelovely

That sounds great as well! I never thought about mixing the beef and eggs. Thanks!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member

I so need to make this. I have 24 turkey eggs that need to be used up.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Cheese, nuts, hard boiled eggs, frozen cheesecake fluff (cream cheese whipped w/heavy whipping cream, vanilla, berries, and frozen), celery w/ creamy ceasar dressing, etc.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Avocado. Bacon. Buttered Kale. Mmmmm
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2017

That sounds great as well! I never thought about mixing the beef and eggs. Thanks!

You can mix a lot of stuff in keto. I do a lot of one skillet meals. Brown some ground, then throw the eggs in. Boom. Instant delicious.

Sautee a veggie medley, then throw the cheese in. Boom. Instant Delicious.
  • imjustpeachiekeen
    imjustpeachiekeen Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2017

@nvmomketo "The sodium suggestion is smart too. Increase salt intake to about 2 teaspoons per day. If you get headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, weakness or crankiness, your sodium is probably still too low."

Thank you so much for this sodium suggestion! I just started a week ago and I have been having fatigue and headaches, which I expected, but I didn't expect the muscle aches and weakness! What a relief, I thought I was getting sick! Do you have any tricks for getting more sodium?