That Person!!! at the office! (What do they do to drive you insane?)

Options

Replies

• ezekielsdad
    ezekielsdad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WMB59 wrote: »
    I Know I am "that" person in the office. I find something that bothers somebody and do it continuously. (i.e pen clicking, making odd noises, humming weird songs... and I can go on.)

But....... why!?! LOL!!!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    There's a chick at work who's really moody. Like you feel the need to walk on egg shells around her. Some people are overly nice to her just so they don't cause the bitchiness to come out. I don't of course, but some do. Oh and she tries to micro manage others when she's not even a supervisor. I hate micro managers.
  • msmcmillan0316
    msmcmillan0316 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The constant noder/oker...I know they don't know what the meeting leader is talking about but they insist on acting like they do. Sometimes I want to stop the meeting, point right at them and ask "what did they mean by that?!!" Cause I'm sure you don't have any clue...errrrr
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Hums and sings and belches and talks to himself. there is NOT A MINUTE something isn't coming out of the guys mouth. I can't tell you how bad I want to throat punch him!
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a really lazy coworker who will wait as long as she can to do anything because she wants someone else to do it and the worst part is someone usually dose do most of her work as we will all get in trouble for her being lazy....
  • midnightsurfer
    midnightsurfer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Really silly one... but there is someone in my office who eats apples wrong... from top to bottom.... i didnt even know you could eat apples wrong! but for some reason this really bugs me
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when the janitor is in the bathroom working. I know I shouldn't be shocked by that but I feel really uncomfortable taking a *kitten* with the janitor in the bathroom. Any other person and I'll let the deuces drop as they may... it's just awkward when the janitor is present. I wonder if she judges me.

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I work with a guy who I suspect is on the autism spectrum. Nice enough chap but when he asks you a question, ie how are your kids, it's just a Segway for him to tell you about this kids. He starts talking over you mid sentence and it's really bloody rude and annoying. I have pointed it out a few times cause he doesn't get social cues.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread is helping me remember why I like working overnights so much. I rarely see anyone else for more than a few minutes.
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Another teacher calls himself a squirrel. Literally. He's always like, "We squirrels...". He also occasionally squeaks. Not squeaking like a rusty chair. He literally says, "Squeak! What a large donut!"

He's more of a hilarious eccentric than a Michael Scott...but some days....

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when the janitor is in the bathroom working. I know I shouldn't be shocked by that but I feel really uncomfortable taking a *kitten* with the janitor in the bathroom. Any other person and I'll let the deuces drop as they may... it's just awkward when the janitor is present. I wonder if she judges me.

The female custodian cleans the mens' restroom when there are men in there? I don't know if there are any written rules about that, but I always thought it was an unwritten rule that you didn't do that? I would be royally creeped out if the reverse happened to me and would be reporting it to my supervisor.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There is this lady in my office that thinks she is the shiz. She is sooo loud and obnoxious when she talks just to make sure everyone hears her. If she has a problem with something or someone you best believe the whole office knows about it. Anyone that comes through the door with a penis becomes immediate prey. She plays her music too loud and thinks she knows everything about everything. SOOOO ANNOYING!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    My damn boss..... He has control issues. He always reminds everybody that he is the boss by saying "im the boss". Actually he isn't even my boss

This is my hell. I have a boss who was asked to retire by the CEO last year, but then we began to merge with another company and they stopped looking for a replacement. He is completely incompetent and derails every project.

I've been very lucky to have served with some outstanding leaders. I'm just using his behavior as a "How not to act" and collecting examples for a book.
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The woman who always talks about bathroom issues and sex with her husband. Just ugh.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    There are a few food pushers in my office. We get office snacks, and our HR director will walk around and offer candy to everyone. When I say no ('cause I already planned my day and freakin' Halo Top is way better than a couple tiny pieces of candy), they're like "Are you sure?" in a way that makes it sound like I just told her "No, and your mother is a crumpet."
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The constant noder/oker...I know they don't know what the meeting leader is talking about but they insist on acting like they do. Sometimes I want to stop the meeting, point right at them and ask "what did they mean by that?!!" Cause I'm sure you don't have any clue...errrrr

Not buying it eh? .
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    That one woman who wears those heels . . and that skirt. . and does her hair like that. .
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The loud sigher. The world is against him. He's a poor put upon pete
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    The loud sigher. The world is against him. He's a poor put upon pete

I think I may do this without realizing it. . It's not self-pity. . it's just that the world is against me.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    ^^ that one reminds me of this woman who had a voice that simply cut through all other noise in the room. We worked in a single huge room with about 50 workstations, and no matter where you were in that room every word she said was clear as day. . If it wasn't so entertaining making fun of her behind her back, it would have been really irritating.