Swat Walking group - July

Options

Replies

• TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Everyone Thank You for all the Birthday wishes, It was so sweet! I just got back from cleaning the office & just got the chance to come on. I got a pleasant surprise. Thank You!!! :love: :flowerforyou:

You all mean so much to me, seriously I could have Not come this far without this wonderful group. :drinker:

Sandy...... I'm wishing you luck, My fingers are crossed that you get the new job & if not I hope something great comes along quickly

only walked 5 miles today, slower pace for me because I took someone with me. Next time I need to walk alone :blushing:

Good Night Ladies!

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday :happy:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sandy--I'm glad the interview went well. Lots of good wishes for getting the job!

I have lost my mojo today! I feel old and worn out--not sure why, though. Time to get my exercise done. That always seems to wake me up and make me feel better!
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the interview went well, Sandy. Thats great.

Well can't do much of anything besides watering the veg and flowers outside this week. Oh yea swim. We are having a record breaking heat wave here in Wisconsin. Its unreal. What the heck is going on with the weather! First we have the worst blizzard now its the heat. Honestly I can handle cold better. I get alittle winey when its too hot. Can only take off so much clothes...lol. Now that I think about it I get winey about alot of stuff these days.

Hum....I think I will look up sauna in the exercise data base today.

My new framing business is really starting to take off. Staying busy! Its exciting.

Have a good day everyone!:flowerforyou:
    Marie
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello ! Good Morning!

Marie... Thats awesome! your buisness is taking off. :drinker:
    I don't think I can deal with those extreme weather changes you guys have thier. AT least it stays pretty much high 80's low 90's here all year long. Well except for our wonderful winter months of 50 to 60 degree's. I Love our weather, but we just don't have the beautiful gorgeous fall & winter scenery :frown: . It's either Green all year long except when where in a drought & the heat makes the lawns turn brown :wink:

Kathy... Hope you get that Mojo back... I hate that slow tired feeling. Hope you have a nice workout

Walked 7 miles this morning, it took 2 hours

Heading out to work, Have A Great Day Everyone
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm such an idiot!!!! I did a reply and then forgot to hit post reply and lost everything. I'm blaming it on the heat. The heat index today was 118. What's up with that? I feel so sorry for all the people and the animals at the fair this week. I'm glad this week I'm only there a couple hours a day, but some of the people are out there from 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. So far only one kid at the fair has lost one pig from stress and the heat. Hopefully there won't be more.

Marie - I'm glad to hear that your business is taking off.

Teresa - I can't wait to enjoy the cooler weather in Florida. I never thought I would say that. However, I will probably bring the extreme heat with me. It seems that the weather always follows me. When I go in the winter to see my parents it's always the coldest winter on record. Hopefully, I won't bring the hottest weather on record.

Marie - I think we all get winey in the heat, I know I do. I also get very sleepy. The goods news is with this extreme heat we don't have to mow the lawns.

Sandy - I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I know you will have no problem getting the job that's perfect for you.

Kathy - I hope you find your mojo. The heat loves to zap it out of people. Stay cool and I hope you feel energized soon!

Have a good night everyone and stay cool!

Ann
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for the well wishes on the job. I've never had such a long interview. Usually I really freak about interviews but I think this one happened so quick I didnt' have time to stress out. :laugh: They seemed really interested but then they always do. I'm finished with it for now so I'm just going to quit thinking about it.

And isn't it strange that we all live in such different areas but the weather is freaky everywhere. I gave up walking outside completely because it was so hot. I'm only getting in my cardio every other day. I really need to find me a good weight workout dvd. It's the only way I'm going to be able to get it done. I need some kind of program that I can follow because I'm just no good doing it on my own.

Marie, it's great that your business is taking off. That's got to be a good feeling, being able to work for yourself.

Ann, I've deleted my posts lots of time without meaning too. It's so easy to do!

Kathy, hang in there. Sometimes just staying connected here helps. I know it kept me from completely stopping so many times. I know I've slowed down a lot but there is no way I'd have ever done this for a year and 4 months without coming here all the time. I can't believe I'm still exercising on a fairly regular basis for 16 months. This is definitely a first for me. Thank you MFP and Swat Team! :bigsmile:

I"m going to Myrtle Beach towards the end of August and I CAN'T WAIT! It's never gonna get here. I need a ticker for how many days till vacation! :laugh: I need it sooooo bad. And I'm gonna walk on the beach just like Teresa! :bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Kathy - I hope you find your mojo. The heat loves to zap it out of people. Stay cool and I hope you feel energized soon!

Ann

I'm afraid I can't blame it on the heat. I'm in the only part of the US (it seems) that is having a cooler--and grayer!--summer than usual. I wish we could make a trade--some of your heat for some of this damp, gray stuff. Nothing here is growing right. I don't think my vegetables will ripen and a lot of our plants at work are getting moldy.
    The trees in my area have started turning--it's only July, for crying out loud! Weird weather everywhere, it seems!

Sandy--I'm hanging in but it just seems so hard and pointless right now. I do believe I am having a bit of depression setting in. All I really know is that I hate it when I get like this! (Some sunshine would help, I bet!)

Oh well. It's Friday and I am going to the Farmers Market tomorrow no matter what! If it's raining I'll wear my raincoat, but I'm going anyway!
  • sandara
    Options
    YaY! I got the job. I just can't believe how fast this all happened. My head is just whirling right now. :happy:
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    YaY! I got the job. I just can't believe how fast this all happened. My head is just whirling right now. :happy:

Congratulations on your new job! I had no doubt you would get it.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    How wonderful Sandy! I am so happy for you, I hope it is a fulfilling and interesting job, that you enjoy.:drinker: Alice
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    That's great, Sandy! I'm so glad for you!:drinker: :bigsmile:

Going to the Farmer's Market today. Going to look a lot and spend a little!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Sandy-Congratulations on your new job! What will you be doing? Hope it is fun and interesting and you get to be in AC if needed, LOL!

Storms today, heat a little lower but humid. Tomorrow is suppose to be low 80's so that will feel like a cool front...

Walked 3.5 miles with Leslie Sansone today and did the resistance bands. It was a hard 3.5 miles but I burned 451 calories so worth it! Tomorrow a.m. I'm going to the gym to do weights and some cardio. I need to shake it up a little and get some variety.

Stay cool or warm depending on where you are!

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Congratulations Sandy!!!! :drinker: Thats fantastic news, I hope you enjoy the new job :happy:
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great news on the job Sandy! Congratulations!:drinker:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Well Russ (hubbie) and I went to the gym today (his first day). We made it a short workout due to other activities going on today. I accomplished 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical at 4.5 mph and 15 minutes of strength training for various leg muscles. I wore my HRM at the gym for the first time (hadn't been there in awhile:ohwell: :ohwell:) and found that my HRM and the reading on the machine were within 1-2 points so pretty accurate. With the heat this summer I've stayed home and walked with Leslie or outside in a.m. I really should make it to the gym at least 2 times weekly to change things up with my exercise. Maybe it would help me go down on the wretched scale. Not weighing myself right now because of frustration but last time I did I had lost 2 of the 4 pounds gained on vacation. Maybe I'll weigh at the end of the week:bigsmile:

Hope you are all doing great and enjoying yourselves. Our weather is beautiful today and the temps are good! Unfortunately I'm going to a play and lunch with lady friends (that's good) but we will be inside on this lovely day. Not good timing I guess!

Bye for now!
    Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I will be doing accounting and working with their computer system. It will be a job more along the lines of my past history. I've basically been doing entry level clerical work since the job market fell out and the company I worked for closed. I'm going to miss the people in my department but I'm not going to miss the depressing atmosphere of the company I'm with now. Everyone at the new place seems very relaxed and easy going and I can wear jeans / casual clothes to work evrey day! The drive is going to be about twice as far as Im going now but I just can't pass up the opportunity.

I'm trying to muster up the energy to go do my workout! I must, I must, I must! Okay, I'm going before I change my mind. :noway:
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Ladies! :flowerforyou:

I'm dropping out of site for a month. I just went off the deep-end & I need to take back control. I need to try and do MFP.com on my own.

I Really Luv you all, And I wish you all The best with your weight loss goals.

If anyone's interested I'd like to keep in touch, If you want to add me to your facebook page ( that would be Nice). But I feel more comfortable doing mfp alone for now.

I could of never of gotten this far without you all. Thank You!!!

:heart: Terry savage
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

Can you believe we're at the end of July???!!! After a slow start to the month, including 8 days of not walking (YIKES!), I have caught up and am on pace to meet my goal --- thank goodness for those 5 mile walks! Theresa, I applaud your stamina with those 7 and 8 mile walks; you're an inspiration. I also understand your need to go it alone for a bit, but hope you'll check back in with us. Stay strong and focused with your health goals; good luck to you. :love:

Sandy, CONGRATULATIONS on landing the job! :drinker: Like you, I was sorry to leave some of my co-workers behind when I changed companies this past May, but as you are finding, the atmosphere is so much healthier. I'm so happy for you that you've landed a job that you're good at and with a company you're going to enjoy. All the best! :smile:

Alice - just wanted to comment on the birthday message you posted. I copied the image to use for others. What a great message. :flowerforyou:

Have a great week, everyone.

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Good morning, everyone.

I am feeling SO much better! The sunshine over the weekend helped as did getting more Vitamin D (pills), I'm sure!

Much luck, Teresa! I hope you do well on your own!

I've been walking with Leslie every morning and have started some of the longer walks again. I'm trying for 30 minutes on workdays and 45 minutes on my days off. So far, so good!

Well, time to get ready for work. Have a great day!
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Teresa, I hope you get your groove back, we'll be here whenever you need us. And please do stop in to say hello now and then.

AZ, Your making a great comeback. I should follow your example. I've got to get my mind set to do something on my off days. I keep ignoring my weights. They just make faces at me when I walk by and I pretend I don't see them.

Kathy, I"m glad your feeling better. We've got the gloomy weather here today but we need the rain so I'll not complain. I think I need to get back to the watp on my off days maybe.