Chocolate protein cupcakes

Options
HoldTheDoor13
HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
Make these and throw them towards the vicinity of your mouth you won't regret it.

Base-
3 tbsp cocoa powder
5-6 tbsp cocoa
120g Greek yoghurt
50g peanut butter
80g oat flour
45g brown rice protein
4 egg whites
Tsp baking powder
Tsp vanilla extract
~ 1/2 cup almond milk

Icing-
20g peanut butter
80g Greek yoghurt
40g light cream cheese
20g honey or maple syrup
0.5 tbsp cocoa powder
Chocolate shavings (optional)

Preheat your oven to 200c, or if you are in the US, get on board and stop using Fahrenheit you lunatics.

Combine all of your dry base ingredients (protein, cocoa, , baking powder oat flour, salt stevia) in a bowl

In a separate bowl, combine the 120g Greek yoghurt, milk, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Combining well.

Ignore everything I just said and just throw everything in the bowl together and then be surprised when it doesn't combine well and give up on ever trying to bake anything because you're just too damn impulsive.

Divide the batter into a six tray muffin tin. Use cupcake liners because that is what cupcake liners are for they really don't have many other applications.

Watch Epic Rap Battles of History on your phone while the cupcakes bake- about 15-20 minutes.

Remove form the oven. Cupcakes will be ready when the have risen high in the pan and when you insert a skewer into the centre the cupcake cries "hey man! Not cool!" And also the skewer will come out clean.

Allow the cakes to cool while you make the icing, simply combine the listed ingredients together with a beater or whisk of just straight up use your hands and splatter it all over the kitchen like some kind of barbarian you freaking idiot.

Put the frosting in the fridge for around half an hour. Cakes should have cooled sufficiently by then and can be iced, topped with chocolate shavings, eaten and denied the existence of to anyone you were supposed to share it with.

Replies

• HoldTheDoor13
    Options
    Also

Calories 217
    Protein 15g
    Carb 18g
    Fat 11g
  • HoldTheDoor13
    Options
    Dang photo didn't post properly olor5307wqx9.jpeg
  • HoldTheDoor13
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dear god. These are beautiful :'(
    I promise they taste even better than they look
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy, but what's the difference between:
    3 tbsp cocoa powder
    5-6 tbsp cocoa
    And no sweetener in the base? Is one of those supposed to be sweetener of some kind?

• HoldTheDoor13
    Options
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    Looks yummy, but what's the difference between:
    3 tbsp cocoa powder
    5-6 tbsp cocoa
    And no sweetener in the base? Is one of those supposed to be sweetener of some kind?

Oops, my bad. Instead of cocoa it should say stevia. Will adjust now!

• HoldTheDoor13
    Options
    Ugh I can't edit. Guys in the base recipe you want 4-5 tbsp of stevia/sweetener
  • BrookeJordan91
    BrookeJordan91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Throw them in the vicinity of your mouth
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ugh I can't edit. Guys in the base recipe you want 4-5 tbsp of stevia/sweetener
    4-5 tbsp of which stevia? The white pure extract? Some other kind?