Any picky eaters out there??

Options
I am a pretty picky eater so sometimes finding new ways to eat healthy can be challenging. If you are a picky eater, I want to know some of your go to low calorie meals and snacks. Thanks so much!!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat picky, but we are probably picky in different ways. What kinds of things turn you off?
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your definition of picky is....I'm very much a routine eater. I don't like putting too much effort in breakfast and lunches lol
  • BethMarieVA
    BethMarieVA Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am picky as in, me and a 7 year old would probably have a blast together at the dinner table! I like simple food, simple veggies and fruits. I am not one to try new things. My taste buds just didn't evolve with the rest of me I guess.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Picky eating should have no impact on calorie adherence (eat what you like, just eat it in appropriate portion sizes). It may very well impact macro/micro numbers. But if you like fruits and veggies, then that shouldn't be a huge problem.

What exactly are you struggling with?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    hardeeshaw wrote: »
    I am picky as in, me and a 7 year old would probably have a blast together at the dinner table! I like simple food, simple veggies and fruits. I am not one to try new things. My taste buds just didn't evolve with the rest of me I guess.

Hey, if you're getting some fruits and vegetables in, you're probably doing a lot better than a lot of picky eaters! I'm not too adventurous with fruits and vegetables either. I like bananas, pears and strawberries, but I don't like blueberries or cherries. I like spinach, cucumber, and onion, but I don't like bell peppers or mushrooms.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you like tomatoes? I have been buying cherry tomatoes to eat as a snack because I'm a muncher and I like to eat something that I can continuously have without having to portion control (unlike, say, peanuts).
  • BethMarieVA
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Picky eating should have no impact on calorie adherence (eat what you like, just eat it in appropriate portion sizes). It may very well impact macro/micro numbers. But if you like fruits and veggies, then that shouldn't be a huge problem.

Since I am picky I tend to eat the same foods over and over. I was just looking for some simple ideas that I might like so I can introduce some new things to my food routine.
  • BethMarieVA
    Options
    krazy1sbk wrote: »
    Do you like tomatoes? I have been buying cherry tomatoes to eat as a snack because I'm a muncher and I like to eat something that I can continuously have without having to portion control (unlike, say, peanuts).

I am not a fan of cherry tomatoes, but I love grapes so I have been keeping them close by. I also love cantaloupe and now that they are in season I make sure I have a measured cup worth of them cut up in my lunch bag everyday as well.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    hardeeshaw wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Since I am picky I tend to eat the same foods over and over. I was just looking for some simple ideas that I might like so I can introduce some new things to my food routine.

What are some of the same foods you eat over and over? That will help give people a starting point for you to branch out from.
  • Editme12
    Editme12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's brand Potstickers or pizza rolls + rice. Usually broccoli with it too. That has been a standard dinner for me when I lose weight, alternating.