Your favorite "junk" food you wish was healthy?

Options
I am pretty much obsessed with all Taco Bell (and I'm apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't get diarrhea from it). If I could eat it every day, I definitely would.

What are some fast food items or "junk" foods that you wish were healthier?

Replies

• LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    McDonald's french fries and french silk pie blizzards... :s
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Healthy is a subjective term, what matters is your overall diet. There are no bad foods just bad diets.

While this statement is true, you can eat salads every day, but no doctor is going to recommend Taco Bell every day.
    tami7460 wrote: »
    Ruffles potato chips and French Onion Dip. Can't have it in the house, 'cause I have no power to resist the stuff.

That's actually my favorite chip n dip combination. I particularly love the Ruffles Baked Cheddar and Sour Cream with the french onion dip. <3

If you can fit Taco Bell into your goals then yes you can have it every day. I believe they have a light menu...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Spicy Pepperoni Pizza Rolls

or..

Cheesecake (any variety).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I agree with @ndj1979 , but if I had to name the favourite foods that I wish were more calorie friendly, it's definitely cheesecake and southern fried chicken
  • MsDavis99
    MsDavis99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    10000% Nachos. Definitely nachos

YESSSSSSS and potato chips, the good greasy Lays and French onion dip
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yes, you can and I do fit everything in in moderation.... But if I could make some foods magically the nutritional and caloric profile of broccoli (which I also like btw):
    Pizza
    Wine
    Boneless chicken wings
    Whiskey
    Pad Thai
    .....putting this in because of the above comments, though I don't and wouldn't eat this that often despite really enjoying it when I do: cheddar and sour cream ruffles with ranch dip.

....maybe it wouldn't be good if the booze were "good for me"... I'm going with pizza.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Bourekas (savory flaky-dough turnovers, typically stuffed with potato, mushroom, spinach, or cheese).
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    10000% Nachos. Definitely nachos

You can actually make nachos with shredded cheese and lots of veggies and it's a bit healthier. But that processed queso is just right sometimes.
  • RightTrackBaby
    RightTrackBaby Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    Yes, you can and I do fit everything in in moderation.... But if I could make some foods magically the nutritional and caloric profile of broccoli (which I also like btw):
    Pizza
    Wine
    Boneless chicken wings
    Whiskey
    Pad Thai
    .....putting this in because of the above comments, though I don't and wouldn't eat this that often despite really enjoying it when I do: cheddar and sour cream ruffles with ranch dip.

....maybe it wouldn't be good if the booze were "good for me"... I'm going with pizza.

You've made the point I was attempting to make so much more eloquently than I could, so I thank you for that.

If I were able to drink excessive amounts of wine without hurting my body, you know I would.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cosmic brownies. If they were a little lower in calories overall and didn't have trans fat I'd incorporate them as a treat but I'd just rather not go to the effort right now.
  • gymzonian
    gymzonian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cheetos!
  • GMPOTS
    GMPOTS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    double cheese pizza