Workout buddy

Options
Ironandwine69
Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
I've never had one. I actually don't even like talking to people at the gym. But working out with a PT the last couple weeks made me think that it might be fun to have a workout buddy.I know it's not the same thing working out with a PT and a workout buddy. But it would be a lot of fun, wouldn't it?
Share your experience or thoughts..

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    it's good to have a circle of friends who frequent the gym at the same time on the same day as you.
    I've never had a dedicated training partner except for running marathons, but that is different than lifting at the gym.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    it's good to have a circle of friends who frequent the gym at the same time on the same day as you.
    I've never had a dedicated training partner except for running marathons, but that is different than lifting at the gym.

I should make all my fat a*** friends join the gym.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I love having people to lift with at the gym. I used to be alone and I didn't like it. Now I'm surrounded by people when I go workout and although I don't know them very well it's awesome.
    They make jokes, cheer you on and keep you motivated. I'm hoping I'll get to know them better so I can be a part of the group outside the workouts as well cause having friends who are into the same things you are is so precious

..... then there's crossfit

B)
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    I love having people to lift with at the gym. I used to be alone and I didn't like it. Now I'm surrounded by people when I go workout and although I don't know them very well it's awesome.
    They make jokes, cheer you on and keep you motivated. I'm hoping I'll get to know them better so I can be a part of the group outside the workouts as well cause having friends who are into the same things you are is so precious

B)

I was actually talking about real lifting actually...
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

I just realized I've been alone this whole time. Just me, angry music and barbell.
    That sounds sad.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    If you have a friend you can goof off with the workout will 3 to 4 hours lol

Oh..okay..yeah that makes sense. I workout at 6am before work. Maybe on the weekends only. Or quit my job. One or the other.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I workout at 6am weekdays. Don't suppose you live in NZ? I much prefer to work with a someone than on my own so have a trainer but would be much cheaper to have a friend.....lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    I workout at 6am weekdays. Don't suppose you live in NZ? I much prefer to work with a someone than on my own so have a trainer but would be much cheaper to have a friend.....lol

No. I'm just outsite Philadelphia. Okay, promise you are not gonna stalk me:-)
  • Motorsheen
    Options

B)

ut oh...
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    i can see the appeal and benefit. but i'm too antisocial; i prefer popping in my ear buds and grunting alone.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    i can see the appeal and benefit. but i'm too antisocial; i prefer popping in my ear buds and grunting alone.

I plug in too... however a spot on the bench press allows me to train to complete failure.

.... and failure is my comfort zone.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

B)

Lol crossfit is real lifting. Lots of olympic lifting. No bicep curling wile staring in the mirror though, just you and the barbell.

I like to blow kisses to myself when I curl in the mirror. AND FLEX. A lot of flexing.

On a serious note, I tried CrossFit back in 2012. I went for a month. Wasn't really my thing. And back then it was somewhat expensive. I wonder if that's still the case.
  • rissa_rawrr
    rissa_rawrr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym with my sister-in-law and she was in the military so she helps me out a lot and it's so much better because I make sure I go to the gym and everything ! A gym partner is good motivation to have
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Its cool to go with someone but most people are flakey so it gets tiring. Then I made one in my house so I'm forever alone at the gym. Still the shower has my cute little ducks in it and the kitchen has a ton of food.

Plus I rarely have to see naked dudes in the bathroom. :neutral:
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I used to had a friend I worked out with. I still run with friends and such, and it can definitely help me get out when my own motivation and habit aren't enough incentive. I wish I had a workout buddy that knows their way around the weights, though. It's an area I know almost nothing about and I don't know how to get started lifting without injuring myself through ignorance.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The time that I go around has regulars that I work out with. Sometimes someone will work in with me. I recommend you work out with someone stronger than you to be motivated and is just as motivated. Don't work out with weaker people who half *kitten* their workout.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    Its cool to go with someone but most people are flakey so it gets tiring. Then I made one in my house so I'm forever alone at the gym. Still the shower has my cute little ducks in it and the kitchen has a ton of food.

I wouldn't mind seeing naked dudes in the bathroom.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

I wouldn't mind seeing naked dudes in the bathroom.

Whatever raises your mast my friend. I personally prefer to see naked women in the bathroom (another reason im not allowed in the local gyms)