What are your non-scale goals?

Options
jen_bush
jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
Like the title says, what are your personal non-scale related goals?

Mine are to get to around 18% body fat and to be able to finally wear a crop top and feel comfortable in it. :)

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    to finally master the pizzasoup recipe. Also when I get those mid chest veins popping.
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I want to hike the 100 mile wilderness, complete a Tuff Mudder, complete a half marathon, and to get to a point where I feel comfortable in clothes that fit.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    No bone pain.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    What a good thread question :)

- To fit into clothes from Jack Wills and Roxy Sport
    - To be flexible enough to exceed in Barre classes
    - To work towards a good 5k time (sub 30 mins for me), and become a regular ParkRunner
  • mkkhoza1
    mkkhoza1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. Today was weigh in day and after a week of exercise and eating, I thought the numbers would go down significantly and they didn't this week:( It reminded me that i do have other goals beside weight:

1. Ditch the HBP medication
    2. Decrease the risk of dealing with Diabetes, (my Dad was diabetic)
    2. A size 34 waist
    3. A flat stomach
  • rissa_rawrr
    rissa_rawrr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To be able to wear my favorite dress again
  • Kbarth1027
    Kbarth1027 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This question puts things into perspective!

1. To be able to shop in the Misses section at a store...not the plus size section.
    2. To be able to properly ride and enjoy the rides at an amusement park.
    3. To be able to run a mile without stopping because I can't breathe.
    4. Participate in a 5K.
    5. Have more confidence.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Goal right now is to train all summer for a half distance triathlon in September. I want to be able to wear my tri kit without looking like the Michelin woman :)
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1. Run a 5 km in under 20 minutes.
    2. Do a split (Dunno why, the idea suddenly popped into my head and now I'm doing 5 yoga poses a day that are supposed to get me doing a split)
    3. Another flexibility one : be able to comfortably sit in full lotus for meditation.
    4. A bit vain but : post my before/after pics once I am done and I hope people compliment me, lol!
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    1. 15% BF or Lower
    2. Sub 20 5km race
    3. Sub 42 10km
    4. Sub 1:38 HM
    5. Sub 3:45 Marathon

Goals have to have timeframes in my opinion so:

1. Before November (Currently 21%)
    2. Before November (Currently 22:30 but PB = 20:07)
    3. Before November (Currently around 45:00 but PB 42:37)
    4. Before September (Currently around 1:45:00 (PB 1:38:15)
    5. In November I have a marathon booked - (Previous one was 4 years ago and 4:34:27 so If I can smash that I'll be happy)

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Rigbt now? Goal is make it to the gym this morning but this bed and blanket is comfy though

scientific fact: beds and blankets make you fat. (Trump, 2017) this has a disastrous and spiralling effect on the lazy, the sick and those with comfy beds.

Bibliography: Trump, D. (2017). The B&B effect on Yanks. Science Alternative facts 101, 65(3), pp.47, 58, 489, 1045.
  • Jerseyyy78
    Jerseyyy78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Toning! I want a flat stomach and need to work on the booty...
    Lost a lot of toning from down time for a knee injury so its gonna take some time to work back to where I was.
  • Dazzler21
    Options
    nFoooo wrote: »
    2. Do a split (Dunno why, the idea suddenly popped into my head and now I'm doing 5 yoga poses a day that are supposed to get me doing a split)
    3. Another flexibility one : be able to comfortably sit in full lotus for meditation.
    4. A bit vain but : post my before/after pics once I am done and I hope people compliment me, lol!

How far off are you at the moment?
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    To fit in a pair of jeans which are at least a size too small, and to tone up and drop my Body Fat % from 29.6 to the low twenties.

I am half tempted to start the C25K challenge too as my cardio levels are rubbish.
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

Hard to say, currently I only run 10 minutes at the end of my workout. Yesterday I ran a bit longer and did 2 km @ 10.5 km/h. My plan is to keep running 2 km at the end of workouts and increasing speed by .5 km/h increments when I get more comfortable. Once I hit 12 km/h, I'll start increasing distance. From there I will figure it out, but I'll be alternating increasing speed a bit then distance a bit until I hit 15 km/h speed and 5 km distance. This is at the end of my workouts so I might be able to run a 20 minute 5km before that.

• Dazzler21
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

Hard to say, currently I only run 10 minutes at the end of my workout. Yesterday I ran a bit longer and did 2 km @ 10.5 km/h. My plan is to keep running 2 km at the end of workouts and increasing speed by .5 km/h increments when I get more comfortable. Once I hit 12 km/h, I'll start increasing distance. From there I will figure it out, but I'll be alternating increasing speed a bit then distance a bit until I hit 15 km/h speed and 5 km distance. This is at the end of my workouts so I might be able to run a 20 minute 5km before that.

AHH is this on a treadmill?

If so get out and about and run.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Do a real pushup
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    A 6 pack and 4 plates on bench press. Hopefully the shoulder will cooperate.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Raise my FTP to 300 watts.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Hike in to Ross Lake Resort on the Devils Dome trail. I don't think Beth will ever go for this.