Concealed Carry Ladies Pants ??

Options

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    docbluey wrote: »
    Fanny packs work best. My wife started carrying when a woman in a van stopped near her and asked her to check something out inside her van. Thankfully, she spooks easy and was close enough to a school to get someone there to help the woman. When she came back with help, the person was gone. We don't live in a dangerous city, we live in the sticks. Women are at risk walking/running alone. I'm glad she carries on her runs.

fanny packs would make it very hard to draw the weapon i would think.
  • docbluey
    docbluey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    docbluey wrote: »
    Fanny packs work best. My wife started carrying when a woman in a van stopped near her and asked her to check something out inside her van. Thankfully, she spooks easy and was close enough to a school to get someone there to help the woman. When she came back with help, the person was gone. We don't live in a dangerous city, we live in the sticks. Women are at risk walking/running alone. I'm glad she carries on her runs.

fanny packs would make it very hard to draw the weapon i would think.

You would be surprised.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Um.....Why wouldn't you just carry mace?
    Easier to carry, and a good shot of mace to the face will keep you as safe as a gun.

mace aint cool brah. *rolls eyes*

Mace doesn't affect everyone the same way. And it's not OC spray like LE uses. Adrenaline can outway the pain of mace.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Easier to carry, and a good shot of mace to the face will keep you as safe as a gun.

lol ever spray someone and have it blow back in your face?

Ah. No
    But we were just talking about Plaxico, so.......What's your point? A gun is foolproof?
    Riiiight...
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has found any cute Capri length workout pants or tops or if anyone has any general suggestions on ways to conceal carry while going for a walk or jog. Luckily mine is pretty tiny so it lends itself to being easily concealed but obviously I'd like it easily accessible too! Sorry if this is the wrong board to be posting in - let me know if so and I will move it to the appropriate board! Thanks!

I've heard undertech makes the best ones. From all the reviews I've read.

• lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is a good reminder to check my belly band. I may have actually lost enough weight that it will be too big.

(9mm Beretta 92 FS compact)
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

Ah. No
    But we were just talking about Plaxico, so.......What's your point? A gun is foolproof?
    Riiiight...

have a red laser dot in your eye and see if you may want to rethink your actions :)
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I live in Canada and the thought of someone carrying a gun just walking around is wild to me.

My response is literally zero help to you. Sorry about that.

You might feel differently if you lived in a country where everybody you met on the sidewalk had a gun on them, and likely a prescription for anti-depressants too.

I don't disagree with that at all - I posted above that I'm not judging, it's just such a foreign thing to me.

Also to this:
    Great question and I think it is very wise of you to be doing this. My dh said this would be the only way he would feel comfortable of me jogging outside. It is unfortunate that this is the society we live in. So those who are sharing their opinions on how "wild" this is. Would you rather she be harmed, raped or murdered simply because she is exercising and some jerk/madman wants to harm her or have her defend herself and he end up in the morgue? Just saying!

Did you expect me to say yes to this? Of course I wouldn't rather that. I just live in a place where the only people walking on a street next to me who can legally carry a gun are police officers.

Yes Canada is blessed compared to many countries where even police officers don't carry! Crazy stuff. My husband has a Canadian mentor and he has said several times how Americans take their freedom for granted.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

The well armed woman has amazing articles and reviews.

• KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just this week I purchased the UShake Gear Running Belt (Amazon for $10). My Ruger LCP 380 (tiny handgun) fits perfectly, and it doesn't bounce at all. The belt has a wide stretchy strap that sits on my hips and stays put, even on my smooth running capris. This is by far the best product for a small concealed handgun I've found.

I also own the belly band holster mentioned above and would not recommend it - it is just really big and sits awkwardly on my torso (and I'm 5'11"). I practiced drawing my gun from this holster, and the process of lifting my shirt, awkwardly reaching my hand down into the band pocket that is pressed tightly against my body to retrieve the gun isn't something I'd want to do under duress - it just didn't work for me and was a waste of $50.
  • StarvingDiva
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Listen, I would never belittle the efforts of any woman who wanted to take measures to protect herself.
    I just think that, unless you are fairly experienced with being in a threatening situation, you want the thing that is easiest to use.
    Pretty hard to aim a pistol when you are shaking, let alone unsnap it from your holster that is in the back of your sports bra.

**I don't know too many people who feel comfortable carrying concealed without training.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Ah. No
    Riiiight...

have a red laser dot in your eye and see if you may want to rethink your actions :)

Listen, I would never belittle the efforts of any woman who wanted to take measures to protect herself.
    I just think that, unless you are fairly experienced with being in a threatening situation, you want the thing that is easiest to use.
    Pretty hard to aim a pistol when you are shaking, let alone unsnap it from your holster that is in the back of your sports bra.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a holster that fits in the small of my back. I can easily reach around and pull it if needed. I also have a purse that has a concealed compartment that is semi easy to get into quickly. whatever/however you carry make sure you practice pulling and aiming quickly! couldn't imagine having to pull and get tangled up and fumbly fingered! I carry a Kimber Bellaire .360 or a glock.... I am a gun girl:)
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I should have added.... I have several friends that use a belly band when running.... might try it one of these days