Concealed Carry Ladies Pants ??

Options

Replies

• VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Someone suggested the belly band... I tried it and it didn't work for me. I bought the running belt and love it. I didn't ask for opinions on my gear. And, now I sound like a bwitch.

No you don't. A zippered running belt wouldn't work for me, but my husband uses one when he's cycling and it works great for him. No one understands your situation better than you do, and nothing is going to work for everyone.

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    Just this week I purchased the UShake Gear Running Belt (Amazon for $10). My Ruger LCP 380 (tiny handgun) fits perfectly, and it doesn't bounce at all. The belt has a wide stretchy strap that sits on my hips and stays put, even on my smooth running capris. This is by far the best product for a small concealed handgun I've found.

I also own the belly band holster mentioned above and would not recommend it - it is just really big and sits awkwardly on my torso (and I'm 5'11"). I practiced drawing my gun from this holster, and the process of lifting my shirt, awkwardly reaching my hand down into the band pocket that is pressed tightly against my body to retrieve the gun isn't something I'd want to do under duress - it just didn't work for me and was a waste of $50.

That's interesting that you'd rather try to use fine motor skills, to unzip a compartment over lifting your shirt up and pulling it out. I agree the belly band draw isn't ideal. I guess just make sure you practice with whatever you decide. Make sure the first time you do something isn't a life or death situation and all that good stuff.

Veiled sarcasm gets me every time. I have practiced with both bands, as stated in my post, and prefer unzipping the belt to draw. Don't assume that I haven't been in a life or death situation "and all that good stuff". No draw is ever going to be ideal, but you do the best you can with what you choose and what you practice with. Someone suggested the belly band... I tried it and it didn't work for me. I bought the running belt and love it. I didn't ask for opinions on my gear. And, now I sound like a bwitch.

Lol. You don't sound like a bwitch. I sent you a PM to explain.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just this week I purchased the UShake Gear Running Belt (Amazon for $10). My Ruger LCP 380 (tiny handgun) fits perfectly, and it doesn't bounce at all. The belt has a wide stretchy strap that sits on my hips and stays put, even on my smooth running capris. This is by far the best product for a small concealed handgun I've found.

I also own the belly band holster mentioned above and would not recommend it - it is just really big and sits awkwardly on my torso (and I'm 5'11"). I practiced drawing my gun from this holster, and the process of lifting my shirt, awkwardly reaching my hand down into the band pocket that is pressed tightly against my body to retrieve the gun isn't something I'd want to do under duress - it just didn't work for me and was a waste of $50.

That's interesting that you'd rather try to use fine motor skills, to unzip a compartment over lifting your shirt up and pulling it out. I agree the belly band draw isn't ideal. I guess just make sure you practice with whatever you decide. Make sure the first time you do something isn't a life or death situation and all that good stuff.

Veiled sarcasm gets me every time. I have practiced with both bands, as stated in my post, and prefer unzipping the belt to draw. Don't assume that I haven't been in a life or death situation "and all that good stuff". No draw is ever going to be ideal, but you do the best you can with what you choose and what you practice with. Someone suggested the belly band... I tried it and it didn't work for me. I bought the running belt and love it. I didn't ask for opinions on my gear. And, now I sound like a bwitch.

Lol. You don't sound like a bwitch. I sent you a PM to explain.

Gotta love these forums! TGIF to all!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I live in Canada and the thought of someone carrying a gun just walking around is wild to me.

Similar feelings and fellow Canadian.

I'm American and it's mind-boggling to me.

I'm American I agree.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Best thread in a long time.

Stick with a light choice. I tried running with a G19 and ended up with my hand on my crotch for 3 miles.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't something like Krav Maga be more useful than simply carrying heat? You never really read about joggers thwarting an attacker on the trail with close range gunfire. I understand the need to feel safe, and maybe you do have Charles Bronson skillz, but the odds are more likely that there will be a struggle. Krav Maga is universally effective.

• heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Um.....Why wouldn't you just carry mace?
    Easier to carry, and a good shot of mace to the face will keep you as safe as a gun.

lol ever spray someone and have it blow back in your face?

Bullets are not susceptible to wind.
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    Easier to carry, and a good shot of mace to the face will keep you as safe as a gun.

Why would I carry mace when I can carry a gun?

Its safer for the jogger to carry Mace when running and more than likely a better choice for accuracy especially if using a fogger type mace.

Try jogging in place for 2 minutes at the shooting range then attempt to hit a target you will get my point quickly

I train as I expect I might need to use the training. In other words, not in a calm, perfect stance under ideal range conditions.

Ah. No
    But we were just talking about Plaxico, so.......What's your point? A gun is foolproof?
    Riiiight...

We were talking about some idiot who illegally carried a firearm. Plaxico Burress has no bearing on a lawful concealed carrier.
    Wouldn't something like Krav Maga be more useful than simply carrying heat? You never really read about joggers thwarting an attacker on the trail with close range gunfire. I understand the need to feel safe, and maybe you do have Charles Bronson skillz, but the odds are more likely that there will be a struggle. Krav Maga is universally effective.

This thread isn't a debate on the merits of firearms as a defense tool. OP asked for carry options, not your opinion on hand to hand combat techniques.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

Its safer for the jogger to carry Mace when running and more than likely a better choice for accuracy especially if using a fogger type mace.

Try jogging in place for 2 minutes at the shooting range then attempt to hit a target you will get my point quickly

I train as I expect I might need to use the training. In other words, not in a calm, perfect stance under ideal range conditions.

Ah. No
    But we were just talking about Plaxico, so.......What's your point? A gun is foolproof?
    Riiiight...

We were talking about some idiot who illegally carried a firearm. Plaxico Burress has no bearing on a lawful concealed carrier.

This thread isn't a debate on the merits of firearms as a defense tool. OP asked for carry options, not your opinion on hand to hand combat techniques.

If the end game is safety, why can't we bring up other self defense techniques? We are selling this issue way short if the answer is simply holster yoga pants.

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I live in a big city too. I've considered getting mace, but knowing my luck I'd spray it in my own face. Last summer, there were a lot of incidents on the lake path. It's scary. I don't think I'd feel comfortable with a gun. For now, the times I run, there's always a lot of people out and I do not run with music. Honestly, if people running around me are carrying, that makes me feel a little safer should I need help.

OP: I know I didn't provide input on your question, I'm just posting because I think this thread is interesting, and appreciate the responses.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has found any cute Capri length workout pants or tops or if anyone has any general suggestions on ways to conceal carry while going for a walk or jog. Luckily mine is pretty tiny so it lends itself to being easily concealed but obviously I'd like it easily accessible too! Sorry if this is the wrong board to be posting in - let me know if so and I will move it to the appropriate board! Thanks!
    Nobody asked for opinions lol

Actually.......

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has found any cute Capri length workout pants or tops or if anyone has any general suggestions on ways to conceal carry while going for a walk or jog. Luckily mine is pretty tiny so it lends itself to being easily concealed but obviously I'd like it easily accessible too! Sorry if this is the wrong board to be posting in - let me know if so and I will move it to the appropriate board! Thanks!
    Nobody asked for opinions lol

Actually.......

Opinions on ways to carry concealed while running were asked for.

Opinions on whether or not concealed carry is the preferable method of self defense were not.

Ah. No
    Riiiight...

If the end game is safety, why can't we bring up other self defense techniques? We are selling this issue way short if the answer is simply holster yoga pants.

Maybe you should start a thread about debating methods of self defense in the debate forum.

My comment still applies to the comment I was quoting. I'm aware of what the post is about. Thank you for your unsolicited help, though.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    People call the county I live in Fayette Nam. You either are good at defending yourself, watch where and when you go anywhere, pray you don't need to protect yourself or your property or you take lessons and have a conceal carry permit. My dtr is 23 and jogs before she had a conceal carry she carried a knife and a taser or pepper spray, never just one of the three.
    I have a weapon, but do not carry, I live too far from anyone and my husband travels. I really try hard to keep my activities to crowded areas in full sunlight or have someone with me. Where I work someone was attacking girls on the rail trail. If that starts at home I will need my permit.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options

Ah. No
    Riiiight...

Awesome post we should be bros!
  • bjdw_1977
    bjdw_1977 Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Put on your army boots and fatigues, grab an assault rifle, get out in the park and do some double time while chanting cadence rhymes at the top of your lungs. Ain't no one gonna *kitten* with you.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Ah. No
    Riiiight...

Awesome post we should be bros!

I like bonding over firearms.