Concealed Carry Ladies Pants ??

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Police are taught to stand at least 15' away from a suspect who may have a weapon in order to draw their gun if that suspect charges.
    If you're out running, just wondering how people would have the reflexes UNTRAINED to pull their gun out fast enough on someone sneaking up on you?
    I'm not against guns and fully support the 2nd amendment, but I think many people may be thinking that just carrying a gun is going to keep them much safer when that may not entirely be the case.
    Wouldn't the better options to be safer: running with someone, running in a safer area even if you have to drive there, run with a dog, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Someone can lunge 15 ft before your cops can draw their gun, there is no realistic rule on a safe distance.

It's not a game of tag, you can still draw your gun and defend yourself even after you have been assaulted. Didn't you read the Trayvon story in Florida where the young man was doing a 'ground and pound' on the middle aged concealed carry guy?

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    captbklee wrote: »
    I actually carry a derringer while I'm jogging - it sits in a bra holster.

That is awesome! I don't think I've seen a derringer outside a saloon in a Western. You are a classy and well-prepared lady.

Oh man. Love our derringer! It's fun and cute.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    I have a ruger lcp which is a very small .380 that I wear while running. I use a cheap Galco inside the waistband single clip leather holster that I've treated with some boot waterproofer. In my state a carry permit is required to conceal it so thats one extra thing that you need to remember to carry with you but if I chose to carry openly I don't need to remember my permit along with everything else. One thing to be sure of is that if you chose to carry while being more active it requires a lot more firearm cleaning and care. salty sweat is the enemy of steel.

I know that my wife has carried the same firearm in the same holster inside the waistband of yoga pants and leggings.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Listen, I would never belittle the efforts of any woman who wanted to take measures to protect herself.
    I just think that, unless you are fairly experienced with being in a threatening situation, you want the thing that is easiest to use.
    Pretty hard to aim a pistol when you are shaking, let alone unsnap it from your holster that is in the back of your sports bra.

**I don't know too many people who feel comfortable carrying concealed without training.
    THIS. Personally I think a knife would be easier to use and is usually enough of a deterrent against an assailant.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Just stop posting
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    If you're out running, just wondering how people would have the reflexes UNTRAINED to pull their gun out fast enough on someone sneaking up on you?

Wouldn't the better options to be safer: running with someone, running in a safer area even if you have to drive there, run with a dog, etc.

Very good points - especially the second one.

Regarding Niners first point (above) -
    Which is why I pay instructors for training and I practice regularly (which, in both cases, is fun to do). CC training uses 21 feet for the qualification shoot. At 21 feet, you are still theoretically able to get away. Flight before fight.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I have a ruger lcp which is a very small .380 that I wear while running. I use a cheap Galco inside the waistband single clip leather holster that I've treated with some boot waterproofer. In my state a carry permit is required to conceal it so thats one extra thing that you need to remember to carry with you but if I chose to carry openly I don't need to remember my permit along with everything else. One thing to be sure of is that if you chose to carry while being more active it requires a lot more firearm cleaning and care. salty sweat is the enemy of steel.

I know that my wife has carried the same firearm in the same holster inside the waistband of yoga pants and leggings.

The cleaning thing is very true - if your gun gets all sweaty, give it quick tear down and oiling to prevent damage to the metal.

Another thing to keep in mind is holster wear. Once the leather starts getting too soft, the holster isn't working as well so it's important to pay attention to that and replace the holster when it is too worn to be safe.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member

Very good points - especially the second one.

Regarding Niners first point (above) -
    Which is why I pay instructors for training and I practice regularly (which, in both cases, is fun to do). CC training uses 21 feet for the qualification shoot. At 21 feet, you are still theoretically able to get away. Flight before fight.

Even 21 feet is not so much a hard and fast rule (and definitely not codified into law) as largely Tueller's own observations and assumptions.

Legally it's down to a "reasonable man" standard. And that can vary, widely, depending upon what jurisdiction you're in and what view a DA will take.
  • Just wondering if anyone has found any cute Capri length workout pants or tops or if anyone has any general suggestions on ways to conceal carry while going for a walk or jog. Luckily mine is pretty tiny so it lends itself to being easily concealed but obviously I'd like it easily accessible too! Sorry if this is the wrong board to be posting in - let me know if so and I will move it to the appropriate board! Thanks!

Nice! Bear those arms girl!
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Just wondering if anyone has found any cute Capri length workout pants or tops or if anyone has any general suggestions on ways to conceal carry while going for a walk or jog. Luckily mine is pretty tiny so it lends itself to being easily concealed but obviously I'd like it easily accessible too! Sorry if this is the wrong board to be posting in - let me know if so and I will move it to the appropriate board! Thanks!

What is your carry piece, that will also help us with ideas. My wife has a Flash Bang but I don't think she has used it yet. For accessibility in a pack with a zipper you could loop a large strap through the zipper so you can get your hands on it easily. The compression shorts and leggings with elastic "holsters" might be the best way to go.
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    I have a pair from 5.11 tactical that I wear to the shooting range that are pretty nice and comfortable.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2017

I doubt sexual assault survivors appreciate your humor.

No humor was meant in my post just trying to keep her out of jail for killing someone illegally and sexual assault is a CLOSE encounter NOT the distance comment she made I replied too.. For the record I own 27 pistols, rifles, bows and a Gamo Pellet gun..

In many places it is legal to use lethal force in defense of yourself if you have reasonable fear of death, serious bodily injury, rape or kidnapping in any place you can legally be.

OP is likely well aware of the law where she lives.

Again in defense of the armed - a dead person cant testify ( I like) but a anti gun judge, police officer, DA will put you in prison because you can't prove your fear of death serious bodily injury rape or kidnaping.. YOUR FEELINGS are just that YOURS AGAINST the legal system.

Should I be able to shoot the aggresive driver swirving at me?? They do have a 4000 lb deadly weapon that can easily kill me.. Control is an illusion run where its safer or face a system that will mind boggle you and truly change your life.. My 2 cents
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    I have found that the cargo pants sold in the women's department at cabelas work great. They aren't Capri length or tight but they can roll and button to Capri length. I open carry (WA) all the time wearing these and they're quite comfy.
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    Police are taught to stand at least 15' away from a suspect who may have a weapon in order to draw their gun if that suspect charges.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I work in law enforcement, and I've never heard that ever. Out of curiousity where did you get that information?
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited May 2017
    ]THIS. Personally I think a knife would be easier to use and is usually enough of a deterrent against an assailant.

I'll leave my comments about CCW training out but... to the knife comment.
    no no no no no, no, nein, nyet, nah and hell to the nawww.

Also, don't do this.

Ever.

Stop thinking about it.

To the OP: I posted something like this a while back. They suggested a 'belly band.' Crossbreed has them. I haven't picked one up yet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Listen, I would never belittle the efforts of any woman who wanted to take measures to protect herself.
    I just think that, unless you are fairly experienced with being in a threatening situation, you want the thing that is easiest to use.
    Pretty hard to aim a pistol when you are shaking, let alone unsnap it from your holster that is in the back of your sports bra.

**I don't know too many people who feel comfortable carrying concealed without training.
    THIS. Personally I think a knife would be easier to use and is usually enough of a deterrent against an assailant.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Just stop posting
    Lol, why because you disagree? :D
    So an assailant holding a knife is enough to deter people to listen, but not enough for an assailant to think twice?
    Predators don't want a fight. ANY resistance or awareness that they are there, is many times enough to dissuade an attack.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png