4000 calorie in one sitting!

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No, haven't done it, I might be able to manage that over a day, but 3000 is the most I've eaten in a day and it was pretty uncomfortable. I agree that it must be the stomach size, maybe the stretchability factor.
    I dislike fizzy popand fruit juice, but even at that I find liquids very filling!

I think the capacity to eat large amounts is probably a good survival trait though. I mean, if you knew food was shortly becoming scarce, eating as much as possible in a short period, gaining weight too, could save your life.

edited for spell mistake.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    There's no way I could get down that many calories in one sitting without feeling sick.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In a day, sure no problem.

In one sitting.. maybe, if most of the cals came from alcohol. I always try to "trick" my body to get more cals in.. and it is difficult.. but booze seems to bypass the sensors :p
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It is not like you do this every meal and everyday ! But you did it! I would be sick I dont think I could but years ago yes I would of been right there aside enjoying it too now not a chance I would be horrible sick and acid reflex would of killed me!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

In one sitting.. maybe, if most of the cals came from alcohol. I always try to "trick" my body to get more cals in.. and it is difficult.. but booze seems to bypass the sensors :p

Light weight, here! 625 calories in a bottle of wine. 1000 calories of alcohol would put me in a coma...can't imagine the majority of a 4000 calorie meal coming in the form of alcohol. I'd be passed out or dead before I could drink that much!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Youtube has fit people doing 10,000 calore challenges were they eat it in a day.
    They are kinda fun to watch, wish I could give it a go myself :blush:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Light weight, here! 625 calories in a bottle of wine. 1000 calories of alcohol would put me in a coma...can't imagine the majority of a 4000 calorie meal coming in the form of alcohol. I'd be passed out or dead before I could drink that much!

Haha oh dear yes maybe that is a lot.. Back in my university days, no problem, but definitely wouldn't think of it now!!

I mean the meal would have to last for a few hours obviously... pre dinner cocktail, bottle of wine, some after dinner drinks.. maybe wouldn't add up to most but a significant portion ;)
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    CynoO wrote: »
    It is not like you do this every meal and everyday ! But you did it! I would be sick I dont think I could but years ago yes I would of been right there aside enjoying it too now not a chance I would be horrible sick and acid reflex would of killed me!
    lol I think I can do it without consequences because I'm still young I'm 18 year old and a good petite person also I'm an athlete :lol:

• PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    just 4000? try 12000!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8iljkD1So

I bet with some of the foods suggested here that guy could eat 30k cals in a sitting.

• Garthweightlosspal
    Garthweightlosspal Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just don't see how that's possible without complete gluttony or doing it for sport, i'de be absolutely sick if I ate more than even 750 in one sitting without preparing for it.

Also to the poster above me, Matt stonie is an extratrestrial! I love it!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I think there must be something to stomach capacity or stretching. Youtube has several videos on the 'All you can eat" 'contestants and contests from all over theworld. So when I see those people eat so much I thought Its sort of a talent or they have trained up to it and adapted themselves to do it. I just never had that capacity. I'm pretty sure I'm happy not to have it, I might have been obese if I did!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    OK I'll admit that If I were keen on building muscle, doing everything it takes to fuel that goal, and I were a 24 year old 6'2" tall male I'd probably be able to eat more than 3000 a day.