Terrified of making the wrong decision

Options
2»

Replies

• jennknut
    jennknut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on getting healthier! The changes you are making right now are what is going to determine your success and it sounds like you are taking the steps to create change! Congrats! Do what your head and heart tell you is the right thing to do. The decision to have surgery is between you and your doctor but even your doctor will tell you that all surgery has risks. We are all here for you and support you!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you depend on someone with a stronger will to tell you to do it or not, then you can just as easily be swayed to change your mind again.

Something as fundamental as your health must be your decision alone. This will also give you the toughness of mind to stick it through to the finish line.

To be clear, I'm not backing either decision.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    jennknut wrote: »
    First off, congratulations on getting healthier! The changes you are making right now are what is going to determine your success and it sounds like you are taking the steps to create change! Congrats! Do what your head and heart tell you is the right thing to do. The decision to have surgery is between you and your doctor but even your doctor will tell you that all surgery has risks. We are all here for you and support you!

Thank you. You're right. Ultimately it's my decision and I have to just trust myself.
  • marelthu
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If you depend on someone with a stronger will to tell you to do it or not, then you can just as easily be swayed to change your mind again.

Something as fundamental as your health must be your decision alone. This will also give you the toughness of mind to stick it through to the finish line.

To be clear, I'm not backing either decision.

You're right. It's not so much that I don't have a strong will, I'm just a bit scared. But it must be my decision ultimately.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I got scared on the gurney five minutes before surgery. A little late then, LOL.
  • marelthu
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I got scared on the gurney five minutes before surgery. A little late then, LOL.

Are you glad you did it?