I'm devastated and need help :'(

124»

Replies

• baconbutt31
    baconbutt31 Posts: 8 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You haven't logged properly in weeks - You don't need to go low carb, but you need to log everything that you eat. Desserts are fine in moderation, but if you don't log, you won't know how much you're eating, and you'll end up eating too much.

This.

Log all that you eat and drink, even condiments, fruit and veg. Weigh meats, pastas and grains raw, in grams. Weigh everything (even butter, mayo, peanut/nut butter) that isn't a liquid, and only use cups/spoons for liquids.

Type USDA after produce/meat entries to get an accurate calorie count. Double check packaging info against database entries.

Don't log "1/2" banana or "1 piece of bread". If it is a solid or not liquid, weigh it.

Try pre planning by logging a whole day or even a whole week the night before. I prelog several days on Sunday night.

Wait. We're supposed to weigh pasta and rice uncooked?! This is the greatest news I've heard
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You haven't logged properly in weeks - You don't need to go low carb, but you need to log everything that you eat. Desserts are fine in moderation, but if you don't log, you won't know how much you're eating, and you'll end up eating too much.

This.

Log all that you eat and drink, even condiments, fruit and veg. Weigh meats, pastas and grains raw, in grams. Weigh everything (even butter, mayo, peanut/nut butter) that isn't a liquid, and only use cups/spoons for liquids.

Type USDA after produce/meat entries to get an accurate calorie count. Double check packaging info against database entries.

Don't log "1/2" banana or "1 piece of bread". If it is a solid or not liquid, weigh it.

Try pre planning by logging a whole day or even a whole week the night before. I prelog several days on Sunday night.

Wait. We're supposed to weigh pasta and rice uncooked?! This is the greatest news I've heard

Yes. The nutrition information listed on the package is for the raw weight. It would be difficult to determine calories in the cooked product due to the amount of water absorbed - it can vary depending on how much water is added and length of cooking. Much easier to figure out calories of the raw product.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Waaaaw, my birthday is next month as well. Yaaay 41. Thank you for your suggestion. But my ultimate favorite dessert is cheese cake, how can I eat this in moderation?????? It seems that it is impossible. Once I eat only one bite I feel like I want to eat the whole cake and I know I can do this. But may be Ineed some dicipline to be able to reach my goal

Does the Philadephia Cream Cheese brand still sell those individually wrapped chunks of cheesecake?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm also Canadian, daily logger with open diary. Feel free to add me and peep my diary for examples of how I weigh and log. My data is accurate.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2017
    Oops, never mind.
  • debbiemuz
    debbiemuz Posts: 194 Member
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I'm also a 5'7" female who turns 41 next month. <3 I think pp's have given you some really solid suggestions. Very careful logging is a really important first step. Also see if you can identify if there are specific foods/desserts that tend to lead to craving/binging vs ones that will satisfy you in smaller amounts.

Waaaaw, my birthday is next month as well. Yaaay 41. Thank you for your suggestion. But my ultimate favorite dessert is cheese cake, how can I eat this in moderation?????? It seems that it is impossible. Once I eat only one bite I feel like I want to eat the whole cake and I know I can do this. But may be Ineed some dicipline to be able to reach my goal

Get those frozen "cheesecake bites" that are much smaller portions than a real piece of cheesecake, then work those measured calories into your day. A taste now and then might help keep you on track versus trying to fit a large piece in.

I agree. Trader Joe's has speculoos cheesecake bites - frozen squares for only 90 cals. Yummy and even 2 are doable. They also have lemon squares.
  • jonesklj01
    jonesklj01 Posts: 1 Member
    After I hit my 40s, I struggled with losing weight too. My weight was always fluctuating up and down - mostly up to where I was 30 lbs overweight. This year I tried #Whole30 and after 2.5 months, I've lost 24 lbs and lots of inches! Before Whole30, I was at the same point you are - thinking nothing was ever going to work so I should give up. I suggest you research the Whole30 program. Lots of info online. It's choice to make a lifestyle change in how you eat, but it works and it really changes your life in so many ways. Weight loss is not the primary goal of the program, but 90% of people who follow the program lose weight. There is a fantastic support group on Facebook too, Whole 30 Support. Good luck!