I'm devastated and need help :'(

Replies

• Finallyfit1976
    Finallyfit1976 Posts: 154 Member
    It seems now that I'm not logging my food intake properly, so I will try to do it right this time. I weighed this morning and will update this post with my daily status, activities and other questions. Thank you all for your support, help, encouragement. You guys are AWESOME
  • Finallyfit1976
    ...My weakest point is the desserts...
    In certain amounts (not sure the exact amount) sugar will increase my appetite. I went through an ice cream phase and most recently a crunch and munch phase. During those phases I was always over my calories; sometimes a little and sometimes much more.
    Last week I limited dessert to the weekend and was down 2.6 lbs and had not gone over my calories.
    Sugar is killing you in more ways than one.

I totally agree with you. I have tried this several time but now if I want t, I will do it as long as it fits my calorie budget.
  • Meli7Ann
    Meli7Ann Posts: 2 Member
    I just looked at your diary. Your calories for the day are great. However since you're asking, I would cut the high carb high sugar foods. Replace the bagel with perhaps more eggs and a lower-carb fruit like strawberries. I would not have any high sugar fruit like pineapple and do away with potatoes and replace that with a salad with a little bit of dressing, no sugar though, look for sugar and everything you're eating. If you cut out carbs and cut out sugar I have no doubt you will drop weight.
    I had a gain this week but I'm reading it might be because I just started a workout routine I hate when I gain it's frustrating.

Good luck! :)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    You can do it. You've done it before. So have faith in yourself that you can.

It takes accuracy, honesty and patience. Accuracy to take the time to log what you've eating, how much of it, use correct database entries, etc. Honesty (with yourself) to log everything, every day. Including a bite of this, a taste of that, etc. (Or avoiding misc. random bites/tastes.) And patience. A realistic goal is 1-2 pounds a week at most. Its not going to happen overnight, and you'll need weeks (really, months) to see the results you want. Meaning you can't give up.

Set a realistic calorie goal. If you're lightly active, working out occasionally, 200-ish pounds then the suggestion above of 1600-1700 makes sense. PReplan/prelog your day so you know what room you have for treats. Bulk out your meals with lower calorie items like lean meat, veggies. You can eat anything, but higher calorie items (bread, pasta for example) would need to be in smaller increments. As for sweets, plan for small portions of them on a regular basis so you don't feel like you're missing out. And look for lower calorie alternatives as well. Things like frozen grapes in whipped cream can be a good sweet fix for not much calories.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I'm also a 5'7" female who turns 41 next month. <3 I think pp's have given you some really solid suggestions. Very careful logging is a really important first step. Also see if you can identify if there are specific foods/desserts that tend to lead to craving/binging vs ones that will satisfy you in smaller amounts.
  • Finallyfit1976
    Hey, I just thought I would share what works for me. I usually pre-log all my foods. Which both makes my day easier and allows me to eat a couple squares of chocolate each day. I am a stress eater, and I have a huge sweet tooth, but knowing that for "dessert" or in a moment of weakness I can have 3, 6, 9, 15, whatever I have pre-logged, squares of chocolate allows me to not feel like I am punishing myself for trying to be healthier. Sometimes my healthy snack of an apple and peanut butter gets deleted for more chocolate, but that's my call and I keep under my calorie limit :)

Thank you for the suggestion, that is very helpful and gives me hope that I can eat whatever I like in moderation without deprivation myself. Have you noticed a significant weight loss with this way of logging?
  • Finallyfit1976
    Meli7Ann wrote: »
    I just looked at your diary. Your calories for the day are great. However since you're asking, I would cut the high carb high sugar foods. Replace the bagel with perhaps more eggs and a lower-carb fruit like strawberries. I would not have any high sugar fruit like pineapple and do away with potatoes and replace that with a salad with a little bit of dressing, no sugar though, look for sugar and everything you're eating. If you cut out carbs and cut out sugar I have no doubt you will drop weight.
    I had a gain this week but I'm reading it might be because I just started a workout routine I hate when I gain it's frustrating.

Good luck! :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, you are right, when I looked at my diary at the end of the day yesterday, I found that I had a lot of carbs. that's why today I will try to minimize them as much as I can. Please keep looking at my diary, I appreciate your input :).
  • Finallyfit1976
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I'm also a 5'7" female who turns 41 next month. <3 I think pp's have given you some really solid suggestions. Very careful logging is a really important first step. Also see if you can identify if there are specific foods/desserts that tend to lead to craving/binging vs ones that will satisfy you in smaller amounts.

Waaaaw, my birthday is next month as well. Yaaay 41. Thank you for your suggestion. But my ultimate favorite dessert is cheese cake, how can I eat this in moderation?????? It seems that it is impossible. Once I eat only one bite I feel like I want to eat the whole cake and I know I can do this. But may be Ineed some dicipline to be able to reach my goal
  • cherilee0831
    cherilee0831 Posts: 44 Member
    Try drinking more water. I drink 100 oz a day.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    you need to tighten up your logging - you have lots of cup measurements or general (apple, 1) etc
  • allisonl6
    allisonl6 Posts: 37 Member

I'm in Canada and the nutritionist is not covered by insurance. However, there is one dietician who does and he follows low carb diet. I did that for few months and it worked and then I had this plateau for several months after. In addition, I found that following low carb diet is not my thing any more. I need something to stick with it for the long term and not just for few months.[/quote]

Just wanted to let you know that nutritionists are covered under ohip if you are in Ontario. You just need a referral from your family doctor.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
  • Finallyfit1976

Thank you so much
  • Finallyfit1976
    you need to tighten up your logging - you have lots of cup measurements or general (apple, 1) etc

What do you mean by tighten up my logging? do you mean weigh the apple to see how many grams instead of just saying 1 apple ?
  • Finallyfit1976
    allisonl6 wrote: »

I'm in Canada and the nutritionist is not covered by insurance. However, there is one dietician who does and he follows low carb diet. I did that for few months and it worked and then I had this plateau for several months after. In addition, I found that following low carb diet is not my thing any more. I need something to stick with it for the long term and not just for few months.

Just wanted to let you know that nutritionists are covered under ohip if you are in Ontario. You just need a referral from your family doctor.
    [/quote]

Oh, I don't know about that, I will speak with my family doctor. Thank you very much
  • Finallyfit1976
    cee134 wrote: »
    bpfi5hk2qm16.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. This was very helpful