Failing a class and so depressed :(

Options

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Khanacademy saved my physics grades! I hope it helps your A & P. I hope things get better for you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Just wanted to offer *hugs*...!

I don't know if this is of any help to you at all, but Khan Academy offers free online courses and has some anatomy and physiology ones. Not sure if they're the level you need, but it might be worth a look?

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine
    Lots of kids use khan academy today (including my daughter). I like that it's pretty concise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Thank everyone. Im going to try to get an A on the final even though I doubt thats happening and if I cant Ill deal with it later lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Thank everyone. Im going to try to get an A on the final even though I doubt thats happening and if I cant Ill deal with it later lol

And that is all you can do - get rid of the doubt though, you CAN do this!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The knowledge you gain trying your best to Ace the final will benefit you either way! :smile:
    Good luck! We're rootin for ya!!!
  • Verity1111
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I feel a little better because almost the entire class is doing awful lol the average again was a 67% on the last test (which is exactly what I got and I couldnt finish in time Lol)
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I feel a little better because almost the entire class is doing awful lol the average again was a 67% on the last test (which is exactly what I got and I couldnt finish in time Lol)

Professor might grade it on a curve. The chair of the department usually frowns upon entire classes doing poorly. So there is hope. Try to be at the top of the average, you can do it!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I took A&P before and it was tough but I passed with a B. Since I'm in a Fitness Instructor Certificate program, I don't need to get an A. One of my friends is taking anatomy and physiology again after only passing with a B because she needs an A in order to be a nurse. Plus she's also learning English and has other classes and that makes it tougher for her. I was lucky to have a pretty cool and good teacher (she was also pretty hot...lol) that help us take good notes and help us review and prepare for both the written and lab tests. That sucks you have a bad teacher but I would just try my best and if you fail, just take it again but with another teacher that has a better reputation and is more willing to help his/her students. Good luck.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The bad professors are the worst. I had one and ended up dropping the class (which almost made me lose my scholarship). Don't get depressed about it and take it one step at a time. If anything you know how that teacher is and can avoid any class they teach in the future.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    She's going to curve it. She has to have a bell curve for her grades and she has to answer to her student evals. Put those children to bed and study the best way you can. Good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS...Dr
  • Verity1111
    Options

Professor might grade it on a curve. The chair of the department usually frowns upon entire classes doing poorly. So there is hope. Try to be at the top of the average, you can do it!

Oh no she def wont lol shes not that kind of teacher. Shes rough and stuck in her ways.
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know way too little about the American system to give advice in that sense but I wanted to wish you luck and I spent an entire summer absolutely sure I would have to retake an exam when I did my Law degree. Every time I thought about it I would feel so anxious and just want to cry. When the results came in I was shocked to see that I got a first on it (the highest grade available) so sometimes you will feel rubbish about a subject but surprise yourself. Give it your all, study, study, study for that final exam and know that you did the best you could. Life will work itself out either way.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Well I wish Id looked her up online first! I checked rate my professor and literally she has the lowest/worst ratings possible. a 5/5 for difficulty and a 1.0 out of how good she is as a teacher...
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    As its that bad, take the matter to the principal or course leader. you can't be the only person who is struggling in this way
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    When you're super stressed, it's often not the vest time to make plans. So I say do what you can to take care of yourself and your kids and put it in perspective. It won't stop you from being a pharmacist, but it might make things a little more difficult. Also, it's through experiences like this that you get better at it in the future. A ton of scientific info must be memorized and it's typically a different set of learning tools than you've used elsewhere. At some point you had to have seen that a problem was coming. So next time you will hopefully be better able to adjust quicker to a different set of expectations. But this is what learning looks like for a ton of people, so don't take it as a failure, but a part of learning.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You don't need a good teacher to learn anatomy and physiology.

Look at your text book. Use online tools. Make sure you understand all the structures and functional concepts. Test yourself until you know it.

It can be hard, but you can learn it if you put in the work.

• Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    You don't need a good teacher to learn anatomy and physiology.

Look at your text book. Use online tools. Make sure you understand all the structures and functional concepts. Test yourself until you know it.

It can be hard, but you can learn it if you put in the work.

No no you cant because the teacher makes the tests. So if she bases them off her horrible lectures that doesnt work. On the plus side even with a D Ill have a 3.0 (this is my first semester) because I otherwise have straight As. I guess that's acceptable for now.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    When you're super stressed, it's often not the vest time to make plans. So I say do what you can to take care of yourself and your kids and put it in perspective. It won't stop you from being a pharmacist, but it might make things a little more difficult. Also, it's through experiences like this that you get better at it in the future. A ton of scientific info must be memorized and it's typically a different set of learning tools than you've used elsewhere. At some point you had to have seen that a problem was coming. So next time you will hopefully be better able to adjust quicker to a different set of expectations. But this is what learning looks like for a ton of people, so don't take it as a failure, but a part of learning.

Again its not me its definitely the teacher. I have straight As otherwise and just about student has a D.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    As its that bad, take the matter to the principal or course leader. you can't be the only person who is struggling in this way

Im not its def all of us. Again I have perfect grades otherwise...but it's going to bring me down to a 3.0 if I get a D and Ill need to retake it for entry to PharmD school. Just not sure about how to bring things like this up to a principal or Dean w.e.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »

Again its not me its definitely the teacher. I have straight As otherwise and just about student has a D.

Love those classes. When I was getting my BA I took what my school called finite math that was basically a computer program. It was awful and almost every student (including me) walked out with a D in the course. Thankfully I could take the D since I was a history major. I think they may have finally gotten rid of the course. Still killed my gpa though