Advise on loosing 12lbs in 3weeks

Options
Looking to hit my current weight goal before a friend comes to visit. Exactly 18days. Any recomendations?

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen unless it's a crash diet which is horribly unhealthy. I doubt 12lbs is going to make you look drastically different as it is. Why the rush?
  • taraccarter729
    taraccarter729 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's four pounds a week. It would be very tough - on the level of what athletes do to drop weight before wrestling, etc. - which is not advisable long term. So even if you did manage to lose it, you wouldn't be able to sustain it. How about just cleaning up what you're already doing? Tighten up what you eat, exercise a few more minutes each day. See how close you get with that.
  • ClassicKayo
    ClassicKayo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Giver' hell and aim for the best. Even if you don't get down the lbs you'll feel great and that's what really matters. Doesn't it?
  • verizonkelly4
    verizonkelly4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Giver' hell and aim for the best. Even if you don't get down the lbs you'll feel great and that's what really matters. Doesn't it?

Usually thats the approach so im not gonna sweat it if i dont get to my goal if i know im putting the work in. Just looking for info, most are saying it aint gonna happen, or if it does i prob. Wasnt being healthy about it.
  • verizonkelly4
    Options
    Ok then any advise on loosing some lbs quickly and healthy?
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Eat a 500 calorie deficit, but workout like hell for the two weeks. You won't be malnutritioned and you will tone and or bulk up. Win win in my opionion
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

Healthy weight loss is between 1-2lbs per week or 1% of your body weight. Most healthy weight loss is not fast!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

The two don't really go together.

For weight loss to occur you need to eat less calories than you burn.

What you burn is called your TDEE. You can find a calculator online.

If you eat 250 calories a day less than it you will lose 0.5lb a week
    500 calories under you'll lose 1lb a week
    A whopping 1000 calories a day under and you'll lose 2lbs a week.

What you wanted to do you would have to cut back 2000 calories a day.

Your body would be under fuelled and it would use your lean muscle mass. In short you'll look worse. It's not worth it.
  • verizonkelly4
    Options
    oy5rna7w87lh.png
    scwjy3w5fehk.png
  • verizonkelly4
    Options
    This is pretty normal caloric intake when im eating lean. And i try to snack on raw fruits and veggies inbetween meals and dont feel hungy and have a lack of energy. ( i do not log activity)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Start losing weight now. You won't likely reach your goal but you will be less than what you weigh now if you have any success. You should be in better shape for the next visit too if you keep it up.