Anybody what exercises like crazy 5-6 days a week (burn more than 2,000 cal daily)?

Options
Just wondering if some people go into extremes when it comes to burn your calories. Does anyone burn between 2000 and 3500 cal daily? I have never done it but I am wondering if it is possible. I guess it would be super tiring unless you are athlete :wink:

Replies

• sueberlin
    sueberlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Right! :D:p
  • sueberlin
    Options
    I have a coworker what burns 1,000 cal daily....she lost like 100 lbs or so.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I average a burn of around 2300 in the summer with my active food service job and my 6 hours of exercise a week. Unless you mean JUST from exercise, then it's just 400-600 cal per session.
  • lm827
    lm827 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sueberlin wrote: »
    Just wondering if some people go into extremes when it comes to burn your calories. Does anyone burn between 2000 and 3500 cal daily? I have never done it but I am wondering if it is possible. I guess it would be super tiring unless you are athlete :wink:

Weight lifting (vigorous effort) burns 440 calories /hr. If you want to burn calories fast, drink lots of water, jump on a treadmill (for no less than 1 hour) and get that incline all the way up, and go at at least 2.5 MPH. You can also use the stairmaster; all this in combination with weight lifting. This type of routine requires a high level of expertise. I'm always available to answer any and all questions.
  • sueberlin
    Options
    lm827 wrote: »

Weight lifting (vigorous effort) burns 440 calories /hr. If you want to burn calories fast, drink lots of water, jump on a treadmill (for no less than 1 hour) and get that incline all the way up, and go at at least 2.5 MPH. You can also use the stairmaster; all this in combination with weight lifting. This type of routine requires a high level of expertise. I'm always available to answer any and all questions.

MyFitnessPal tells me if I go on a elliptrical for 60 min I burn a little over 1,000 cal. I have been on the elliptical in the past and easy 2 hours...Not recently but I didn't know that I was burning that much. Can I trust the numbers from MyFitnessPal?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    lm827 wrote: »

MyFitnessPal tells me if I go on a elliptrical for 60 min I burn a little over 1,000 cal. I have been on the elliptical in the past and easy 2 hours...Not recently but I didn't know that I was burning that much. Can I trust the numbers from MyFitnessPal?

I wouldn't trust the number from MFP. Some people say they are accurate for them, but more people find that they are quite overestimated.
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Endurance athletes in training do, but they replace them as they aren't trying to lose weight. Unless you're in a weight loss television competition show, I doubt many workout that much on a daily basis. 2,000 isn't super hard. I averaged that on a daily basis that over 4 months last summer cycling. However, some days were a lot less and some days would be more at 5,000-6,000. 3,500 is a lot of daily work and would be too much for me to do every day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I could do 1500 from exercise alone a couple of times a week training for a marathon, but every day? Sounds insane. A good way to burn out and/or get injured... :s
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    2000 calories a day would be ...

10 hours of walking @ 200 calories per hour.
    5 hours of cycling @400 calories per hour.

While I do indeed cycle 5+ hours on weekend days fairly regularly, there is no way I'm doing that every day. As mentioned above, that would be a good way to burn out and/or get injured.

Also, when I am training for my endurance events and putting in a lot of exercise, I also eat quite a bit. I'm not in weight loss mode.

For example, in both March and April, I cycled over 1000 km each month (plus walking and stair climbing). But I didn't lose a single gram because I was eating enough to compensate for it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The more overweight you are the more calories you burn, but I doubt that someone morbidly obese can e.g. run for a few hours every day, you need to build up your endurance to something like this.
    I used to work out 2-3 hours per day in my late teens - early 20s. Like 1 aerobics-type class, 1 hour strength training, 1 hour running on average per day, every day. It did not happen overnight, it took me 1-2 years to get there, and my starting point was not completely sedentary (teenager, no car, walking everywhare, using a bike, participating in the occasional basketball game etc). Still, I am pretty sure my daily burns were not 2000 calories from exercise alone.
    I was doing a couple of years ago every Saturday a TRX fast circuit followed by a Zumba class and I was estimating my total burns at about 800ish calories for the total of two hours. I was in very good shape at the time, and still was totally exhausted by the end of the second hour, I cannot imagine what burning 2000 calories would take!
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I burn less than 2500 running a full marathon. Too much work for too few calories.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1,000 calories daily on my bicycle. 2,000 calorie burns happen, but they are more of a weekend thing and only when I have the time.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    mmm, ran half marathon yesterday, and only burned around 1500cals. Would not even want to do that 5 - 6 times per week.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I wear a Garmin hr and I've had days where active calories are over 2000, that's total daily movement, not tdee, usually involves dance lessons, push scooter trips over 2 miles combined, walking my dogs etc. I'm approx 200 pds so that bumps up the burn rate.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Stupid question for clarification: do you mean only the exercise burns 2,000 calories, or a total daily burn of 2,000 calories?

My average TDEE is 2,000. My walking gets me about 800-900 calories.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I burned a little over 1200 calories running 11 miles last Sunday - while half marathon training. I can't imagine doing that 5-6 days a week! I would injure myself by day 2.

Plus, exercising that much makes you mega hungry. I eat everything in site that's not nailed down after my long runs.