Kindergartener Suspended

Options

Replies

• CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Freyas, bottom line, he'll learn his lesson. I got kicked off the bus my first day of kindergarten for beating up a 6th grade boy who was picking on my big sister who was in 2nd grade. I pinched him and punched him until he cried and apologized to my sister for making her cry. I learned my lesson though, as did the other kid.

I would have a talk with the Principal to see if the other kid was punished as well and explain that you do understand the reasoning behind it.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Because parents who think reprimanding children is barbaric, leaving the disciplining up to the schools.

Someone has to do it.

But suspending them doesn't do it. I agree - a reprimand, a discussion, a learning should come from this. And I have no doubt that @FreyasRebirth will address what happened (and has, already). Suspension seems like the laziest response to behavior there is. Shoot - detention and making a kid write "I will not poison my classmates" 100 times would at least be responsive (probably dumb, but responsive).

Then this post would be about how barbaric writing those sentences were. The schools have their hands tied when it comes to discipline but they have to discipline.

Sure it would. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying, if you're going to get flack no matter what you do, you might as well do something that makes some modicum of rational sense.

I'm certainly not arguing that the behavior shouldn't be punished. I'm just arguing that suspension is a stupid punishment and should be used as an absolute last resort.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    1 Day. Lesson Learned. He won't do it again. It's fair.
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Boy it was a paddle back in my day lol...but hey he learned (hopefully) his lesson best to move on.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    CatchMom13 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    1coolmofo wrote: »
    Spank him.till he pees his pants and it won't happen again

Gee I hope you don't have any kids.

p.s. I'm not responsible for any of those flags.

I am & proud of, it!

Why did you flag him? He didn't say anything inappropriate. So because he has a different opinion than you, you felt the need to flag him? Do I think the situation calls for a spanking? No. But I'm mature enough to not flag someone for thinking differently.

While personally I, believe spanking's abuse it; by law within the US & this' a US company isn't considered abuse. However spanking the child until, they pee their pants isn't spanking; it's a beating & that, by US law & thus this company'd be, considered abuse & therefore, it's a; flaggable offense!
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    He's old enough to know that hand sanitizer isn't edible as evidenced by the fact that he didn't eat it himself.

When I spoke to the principal on the phone, he told me that (when the principal asked how he would feel) my son didn't see a problem with eating it himself. I think if this instigator kid told him to eat it himself, he probably would have.
  • CatchMom11
    Options

I am & proud of, it!

Why did you flag him? He didn't say anything inappropriate. So because he has a different opinion than you, you felt the need to flag him? Do I think the situation calls for a spanking? No. But I'm mature enough to not flag someone for thinking differently.

While personally I, believe spanking's abuse it; by law within the US & this' a US company isn't considered abuse. However spanking the child until, they pee their pants isn't spanking; it's a beating & that, by US law & thus this company'd be, considered abuse & therefore, it's a; flaggable offense!

It also falls within the range of Free Speech. Do I think his comment was ridiculous? Absolutely. However, it's not flaggable just because it's ridiculous and over the top. Besides, I'm guessing that the comment wasn't made with 100% seriousness.
  • CatchMom11
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I am & proud of, it!

Spanking is one thing...spanking until a child urinates him/herself would be abuse, not discipline.

I agree with you 100%. Still doesn't make it a flaggable comment. It makes it an absolutely ridiculous comment, but still not flaggable (IMO).
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited May 2017
    Options

I am & proud of, it!

It also falls within the range of Free Speech. Do I think his comment was ridiculous? Absolutely. However, it's not flaggable just because it's ridiculous and over the top. Besides, I'm guessing that the comment wasn't made with 100% seriousness.

Free speech means that, only the government's unable to; arrest, fine and/or fire you (if you're their employee) for, your opinions! A private company such, as this has; the right & does, limit it's users; speech/topics!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    9f2eugyexw0y.png

or for your belief to be proven to, be fiction rather; than your opinion!
  • CatchMom11
    Options

I am & proud of, it!

Free speech means that, only the government's unable to; arrest, fine and/or fire you (if you're their employee) for, your opinions! A private company such, as this has; the right & does, limit it's users; speech!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

I am & proud of, it!

Free speech means that, only the government's unable to; arrest, fine and/or fire you (if you're their employee) for, your opinions! A private company such, as this has; the right & does, limit it's users; speech!

I understand what you're saying and am aware that MFP has there own private rules. I still don't see where it violate the terms though after reading through them again. All I'm saying is that while I don't think any one of us would agree with what he said, I don't believe it warrants flagging his comment. That's all. The MFP guidelines appear to support that opinion too.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Guideline 4, advocating violence.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I am & proud of, it!

I am & proud of, it!

I understand what you're saying and am aware that MFP has there own private rules. I still don't see where it violate the terms though after reading through them again. All I'm saying is that while I don't think any one of us would agree with what he said, I don't believe it warrants flagging his comment. That's all. The MFP guidelines appear to support that opinion too.

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    [[ the thread derailed.

how could we tell?

This discussion has been closed.