4000 calorie in one sitting!

Options
13»

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    ...much much more dessert and wasabis. ...

If by wasabi you mean the Japanese condiment, you're not getting many calories at all from that.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    OK I'll admit that If I were keen on building muscle, doing everything it takes to fuel that goal, and I were a 24 year old 6'2" tall male I'd probably be able to eat more than 3000 a day.

* 6'3
    * Currently dieting to single digit bodyfat
  • winchestertardisrider
    winchestertardisrider Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Heck ya it's possible. Generally delicious... later regretful... good times. ;)
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've done it. Huge pasta dish. cheesy appetizers, drinks and dessert. We've all done it some of us just weren't keeping track. :wink: It sisnt make me sick at all. Made me tired lol
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    No, I doubt we've ALL done it.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I just did it when I was sick, sore throat, sinus infection, ate everything in sight, French fries, ice cream, more ice cream, I really didn't care how much I ate, now getting back on track.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    just 4000? try 12000!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8iljkD1So

I bet with some of the foods suggested here that guy could eat 30k cals in a sitting.
    Maybe I can do it also :lol: If I'm given a chance to eat that large amount without gaining I would. It's Matt Stonie right? A youtube eating king lol

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I just don't see how that's possible without complete gluttony or doing it for sport, i'de be absolutely sick if I ate more than even 750 in one sitting without preparing for it.

Also to the poster above me, Matt stonie is an extratrestrial! I love it!

750 calories is less than a burger and fries by quite a way.
    I'm a small female and can eat 750 calories in five minutes as a slice of cheese cake.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just don't see how that's possible without complete gluttony or doing it for sport, i'de be absolutely sick if I ate more than even 750 in one sitting without preparing for it.

LOL! 750 calories is a normal dinner for me and I'm not a big person - that's not even a large meal, either. My maintenance calories are set to 1750. That total amount in one meal would probably have me feeling the bloat...but 750 is hardly gluttony or sport. :D
  • Gamliela
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'm a small female and can eat 750 calories in five minutes as a slice of cheese cake.

But didn't OP say 4000 calories at one sitting?

Like I said, most ever for me is around 3000 IN A WHOLE DAY! not in a meal.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »

But didn't OP say 4000 calories at one sitting?

Like I said, most ever for me is around 3000 IN A WHOLE DAY! not in a meal.

Yes but the person I quoted didn't.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Yeah, I see that Garthweight started the 750 a meal topic then!:)
  • pledis
    pledis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    it's definitely possible, but i think it'd depend on how much your stomach can hold. i haven't eaten 4000 calories in one sitting but i've eaten 5000 calories in a day before.
    it was easy, especially because the majority of the foods were high calorie.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Kinda interested in competitive eating now; I didn't realize that it was that difficult for most people. I can easily eat 6k-7k calories in a day without any of it being liquid. I'll eventually get full after a while, to the point of wanting to puke even, only for me to be hungry again an hour later. It's no wonder I was overweight for most of my life.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Kinda interested in competitive eating now; I didn't realize that it was that difficult for most people. I can easily eat 6k-7k calories in a day without any of it being liquid. I'll eventually get full after a while, to the point of wanting to puke even, only for me to be hungry again an hour later. It's no wonder I was overweight for most of my life.
    :lol: me too, I'm only 18 and I can eat like a viking without feeling any discomfort. Bloated stomach is my number 1 enemy though
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    :lol: me too, I'm only 18 and I can eat like a viking without feeling any discomfort. Bloated stomach is my number 1 enemy though

To me, a bloated stomach IS discomfort! :p
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just last month I ate a whole thin crust pineapple bacon pizza with butter dipping sauce, boneless chicken wings /w ranch and gummy bears. :neutral: granted it took two hours but it was one sitting and yet i didn't feel 'stuffed' . Added it up to 3,920cal.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Have you guys heard of brunch buffets? (Or other all-you-can-eat experiences with fried foods, breads, and desserts?)

Thanksgiving a couple of years back, with forensic photo evidence and over the objections of 2 MFPeops who thought I was at least an extra 1000 Cal higher based on the same pictures, I logged my 9 dessert dinner plate (+3 deserts in little cups that didn't fit the plate, so 12 items in total) at just over 4000 Cal and the whole meal at just over 5500 Cal. (we are talking whole slices of cakes etc)

Of course I was too full to eat anything else, and was feeling slightly off, and had SOME difficulty moving. Duh! That didn't stop me, nor had it stopped me in the past... hence my ending up on MFP a few years back!

On the other hand I regularly had and have ~3500 Cal days (not meals; but days). And I was uncomfortably full at the end of my dinner.

So I do have some trouble believing some of the "5000" Cal meals/days posted in disgust by people who seldom break 2K on a regular basis on the occasions when they have gone seriously overboard!

Now that is impressive. You should be proud lol.

I want to find this evidence you speak of.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It happens