Always hungry on 2,000 calories and not losing weight :( Please help!

Options

Replies

• KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? - 2000 calories may be close to your maintenance number irrespective of which foods make up the 2000. As well as following the above suggestions re protein etc you may just be eating too much to lose
  • Sagittarius1995
    Sagittarius1995 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    What are your stats? - 2000 calories may be close to your maintenance number irrespective of which foods make up the 2000. As well as following the above suggestions re protein etc you may just be eating too much to lose

I am a female, 5'9 and i weigh 191 pounds. According to my BMI i am overweight.
  • Sagittarius1995
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I will be up front with you, I have a hard time believing that you were more satisfied with 2000 Cal of Junk food vs 2000 Cal of "clean" food. Personal opinion is that in all probability the junk food was more than 2000 Cal.

Usually, I would agree. And I think it's very likely the OP was eating more calories than they think of the junk food.

That said, the "clean" diet has almost no fat in it. I'm willing to bet that's the reason the OP is hungry all the time. The junk food would at least have had fat in it.

The fat might be the reason. Like before i would wake up and have a breakfast sandwich and juice from some fast food chain and that would fill me up for a good 3-4 hours or sometimes more. I would forget about food. But a diet like this did nothing good for my health.
  • Sagittarius1995
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    This doesn't do a lot to help explain all the posts by people claiming to be too stuffed to possibly eat 1200 calories on their new diet of healthy foods. :/

I know!! i wish i was one of those people! I guess we all are different and need different amounts of food :neutral:
  • cvbake
    cvbake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic Diet works wonders for me. Blood sugar crashes
    aireseneca wrote: »
    I'm doing LCHF, low carb high fat, and personally find fat to be very satiating. I get that you are trying to lose weight without having to battle against constant hunger and cravings. Try browsing the keto community....see if it helps. Also try dropping grains, research "Wheat Belly" and other sources. Everybody has to find their own path. Best wishes!

Keto for life!

Yup.... KETOGENIC DIET combined with HIIT has worked wonders for me. Of all the "diets" I tried....this one is the most realistic to make as a lifestyle.

75% Fat, 20% Protein, 5% Carbs.... You'll be blown away of how many carbs are in what you thought were "healthy" foods.

Bacon, Bacon!
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I also agree with others here. Add more protein and drop the fruit rice and potatoes. I have 3 eggs with cheese for Breakfast. I also found cottage cheese as a snack helps with my salty cravings and is high in protein too. I like how you are doing the Greek yogurt. Great choice! I am using that as a sweet snack between breakfast and lunch. Like the nuts too. I am working those in as well. Good fat there. :smile:

Keep persevering and adapting as you go along. You will see progress!

• CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Assuming correct log of food, there is one problem: you feel hungry.

There are TWO elements in food that help in filling sensation and ONLY TWO: Fiber and Protein.

So you should include high protein and high fiber food.

Seeing your diet, I will remove completely the nuts, so you can replace by protein and fiber.

So more meat and beans should be my suggestion, careful with pasta, bread and even fruit. With fruit only whole fruit (especially the skin AND seeds, where the fiber is). So no smoothies.

If after all that did not work, there are some cheats: tea, coffee and maybe chewing gum.

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Okay...
    1. The fact that you are not losing means you are not on a calorie deficit. No dancing around that one. You will not lose until you create one, either lower your calories or workout more.

2. 2000 calories ( if that's what it really is) is a lot of calories. Your hunger is most likely mental than anything else.

3. Increase your protein, it will make you feel Fuller.
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    OP - would you consider making your diary public?