Low carb diet friends needed!

Options
I need friends who are on low carb! I've never done anything but work out and calorie count, so this is a whole new thing for me. I'm wanting to lose 40lbs- fast. Any tips are appreciated

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,832 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!
  • mifow86
    mifow86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I eat reduced carbs and only eat them after a workout
  • bernetra30
    bernetra30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on a keto diet so I'm in with you.
  • PammerWC
    PammerWC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Beginning a 60 Day Keto challenge May 1st. Need help.
  • sarabpridgen
    sarabpridgen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's a group on FB I'm in. All girls that have started this week-may. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1578422738835266
  • Brooklynn_9291
    Brooklynn_9291 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb for several years now! Started in November 2013 and by April 2015 I lost 70 pound and went from a size 16 to a size 8. I got married in November 2015 then got pregnant with our son the next month. While pregnant, I maintained my low carb life style and gained 35 pounds. He was born last September and I'm still working to get all my baby weight off with my low carb lifestyle... I've got 12 more pounds to go.

With all that said... I'll be your low carb buddy! It really is a life style change that you see real results with. I eat a lot of Atkins but it can get expensive so I also mix in eggs (no carb), cheese (no carb), meats (no carb) and veggies (low carb). Stay away from starchy foods! Hope I could be of some help to you and good luck on your journey!
  • mtrec08
    mtrec08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Page cycle diet which is pretty much all protein. Feel free to send a friend request, and anyone else on here. My diary is open and I need some help, suggestions and meal ideas.
  • EddyShuttleworth
    EddyShuttleworth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there. On my second go at atkins. Did it a few years ago and lost 2 stone in just over 2 months. Just finished first week this time round. Last 4lbs and 2 inches so far. Just struggling with sweet cravings at night
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im loosely following low carb. You can add me.
  • nbrownmc
    nbrownmc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LCHF/Keto eater here :smile:
    I'm re-starting today with 100.7 lbs to lose until my goal weight.
    Feel free to add me -- always looking for new friends to cheer on and look to for motivation!
  • fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Modified low carb. less than 100 for me. I still have a lot to lose so add me if you would like... kinda goes for anyone <3
  • chellpn
    chellpn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im Keto also... if you are trying to lose that weight fast, KETO is the way to go!!
  • Newme4647
    Newme4647 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im doing the keto diet. It is extremely low carb. I love it..and so far I dont miss the carbs. However, I've only been on keto for 2.5 weeks. Seems to be working...ive lost 13 lbs already. :)
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Newme4647 wrote: »
    Im doing the keto diet. It is extremely low carb. I love it..and so far I dont miss the carbs. However, I've only been on keto for 2.5 weeks. Seems to be working...ive lost 13 lbs already. :)

congrats! stick with it and don't forget the electrolytes.
  • Newme4647
    Newme4647 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely will. And...thank you! :)
  • hbic1984
    hbic1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    South Beach for me. Lots of meal prep but lots of progress!
  • YIRI2017
    YIRI2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just figured out how to post lol it's my first day sorry . There's a few things you can do to satisfy your sweet tooth. Snack on sugar free jell-0, eat peanut butter with celery . Search for the powder kind . 2tbsp of the powdered mix is 1 carb. You mix it with water .Totally worth it ! I've lost 15.8 pounds in 3 weeks on Atkins. I still have a lot to learn and a crap load of weight but I'm excited to see my progress. Add me if you'd like to swap recipes , talk atkins etc. or you can follow my weight loss journey on instagram. My name on there is Chronicles_of_a_roly_poly. Good luck!! U can do it :)
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb (about 50g per day, as recommended by my Naturopathic Dr.) for the past two months, and a no refined carbs for the year and a half before that. I've lost 116 lbs so far (26 in the last 2 months) and have about 20-25 left to go. Feel free to add me
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome OP! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • acurlynurse
    acurlynurse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add this newbie. I have 90# to lose. LC is my diet of choice..