What's your favorite dog breed?? And why?

Options

Replies

• lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Springer Spaniel mix. Friendly loyal smart gentle obedient playful happy handsome patient loves outdoors and water.
  • lunidevojka
    lunidevojka Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    Wolves are my first love, than the feline species.

But huskies would be the closest to a dog, so I go with that. Their alluring and beautiful, and they love the outdoors/snow.

I need one STAT.
  • rhonetteamber
    rhonetteamber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd because there nice intelligent animals .pretty loyal aswell nice for protection
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    This one! Pure Mutt! Because she was the BEST!!! and she was a special part of my life for nearly 14 years <3 Sadly she passed away at 16! :'(

m12j91ha8pfk.jpg
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    andyhziej225.jpg
    American Bullies and American Pit Bull Terriers.
    They've shown me they're very loyal.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old GSD.
    He's a big clown with a protective instinct. Great with our kids and rabbit!
    If you can handle the shedding and their big appetite, they're a worthy dog!

eg7jo9ppa7gw.png
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Pugs because they are my spirit animal
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
  • lqqkingatu
    lqqkingatu Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    Goldendoodles!! My new puppy, now a year old. No shedding, so playful, very smart, protective of me, happy dog.

nlabkxhap9k4.jpg
    3intr30u929l.jpg
    g2z2b4wdpfsf.jpg
  • bassfishingirl
    bassfishingirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Love large dogs, my labs...92 & 94 lbs. last weigh in.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Mutts
    This is Muffy, this old Girl lived to almost 17 years, rest her soul. :'(
    Best dog anyone could ever ask for! :heart:

5vb7uu1jyumn.jpg
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Bernese mountain dog. Beautiful coat & awesome temperament but they shed like mad & average age of death is 8. Currently have corgi x st Bernard (crazy I know) and she has so much character.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have 3 toy poodles and a miniature poodle.
    All great dogs, friendly, easy to train, long lived great with kids ..
    Negative..I pay to have mine clipped every 12 weeks or so for $60 Australian .. Its possible to do it yourself though.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Pointers. My family adopted one when I was a kid. His name was Pepper. He was a great family dog. Drawbacks? Hyper and will attack birds. We would never take him to the park fearing he might attack the fowl. Sadly, he would catch some wild birds in the backyard and bring them in the house. Ick.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have so many

If I were to get a pure bred dog the next one I would like is a border terrier. I like their size, their temperament (in general), activity level (in general) and their look.

I've also always wanted a husky. I like their size, look and would like a dog to run with.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I like the ones that don't bark :) ,,cause I'm a quite kinda guy !
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Golden retrievers. Because they're always happy, they love the entire world and are convinced the entire world loves them back and they're just... well, awesome.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I have a small Blue Heeler and a rough-coat Jack Russell. Both breeds are super smart, heelers can be a little more intense than the comical terriers. They both require lots of training, lots of exercise! Heelers like to nip, terriers like to bark! They keep me busy, I love every minute with them...well, most minutes, lol. :) I'm fortunate to have the time to work with them every day, I wouldn't suggest either breed if you don't have time! Several of my friends have happy-go-lucky labs and labradoodles, great dogs! But I like the challenge of my little monsters >:)

5wvznfyornuu.png

• isuckatconsistency
    isuckatconsistency Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    v9518ry2kogx.jpeg
    f7rqmj34w8bs.jpeg
    Cavalier king Charles spaniel. Cuz hes my bae
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    We have a miniature schnauzer. The perfect dog for my family. He is trainable and fits in well with the family. Can have lots of energy if you are outdoors but equally chilled in the house. We were firm on barking and so he isn't noisy at all (sometimes this can be an issue). My parents loved him so much that they got their own - theirs is a little more spoiled and so is higher maintenance. All of the schnauzers that I've met have been friendly. Ours is very patient with kids and is good with other dogs. Loves being part of everything that's going on in the house. The schnauzer does need grooming but we don't keep ours like a show dog, preferring the more natural look. We work during the day so he has time on his own other than making sure that there is nothing edible out, he's not a worry at all. We used a camera to keep an eye on him as I would hate to not know if he was barking all day or generally appeared anxious. He just lazes around and sometime takes a look out of the window.

So exciting to be looking for a dog. Which ever breed you choose, I hope it's a good match for you!

ztxlhi74smph.jpg