is it weird that...

Options
it is weird that i I watch shows while working out...like i dont slow down my workout or anything, but yea...I just cant do it with music cus it gets boring lmao. does anyone else do this?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No.

I like being outside to exercise so I don't like music in my ear either.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    If im stuck on the dreadmill at home then yes i watch tv
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I always watch shows on the treadmill too.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No.

Due to the rain, I was forced to run without music for the first time ever, and I'd highly recommend it. My breathing was awful and I had about 40 minutes to work on bettering it.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    No.

Due to the rain, I was forced to run without music for the first time ever, and I'd highly recommend it. My breathing was awful and I had about 40 minutes to work on bettering it.

You recommend running in the rain? Love it. Without music? Prefer it. I love listening to my own breath, the birds chirping, the rustling in bushes(lizards most times) and the quiet of a dirt trail. Being in my own head, therapeutic.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I walk while watching movies/tv shows and live streams. When it's warmer, I go walk outside.

You're not weird.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No.

You recommend running in the rain? Love it. Without music? Prefer it. I love listening to my own breath, the birds chirping, the rustling in bushes(lizards most times) and the quiet of a dirt trail. Being in my own head, therapeutic.

It was definitely a nice change from the usual angry-running-with-angry-music thing I've been doing for a while, haha.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    No.

It was definitely a nice change from the usual angry-running-with-angry-music thing I've been doing for a while, haha.

But Metallica is awesome except when running! Lol
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm read on when I'm on the bike, walking on treadmill, or elliptical (on an e-reader, not paper books). I read the first three Game of Thrones books at the gym. Running requires music, and maybe TV with the subtitles on. Multitasking is easy for my ADHD brain so I figure I should get as most out of that time as possible. My BF is a big fan of podcasts while working out.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I do my work at home job on my phone while on the stationary bike. On the treadmill I'll watch TV or my stats or the clock counting down while listening to fast music.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I can't get myself to work out without music. I like zoning out to it. TV won't cut it for me
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just watched Impractical Jokers on the treadmill. It was superrrrrrrrrrrb.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I used to go to 24hr for cardio and watched cooking shows..... That just made me hungry!
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Watched 10 seasons of Supernatural while on the treadmill,works for me!
  • SunSoul9
    SunSoul9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tend to watch the telly whilst I'm on the exercise bike as time seems to go quicker. When I'm outside I prefer the sounds of nature over music.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If I'm running outside, then it's just me in my head. No music, no podcasts, nothing but me and my thoughts (sometimes work-based, but usually just whatever randomly pops into my brain).

If I'm on the treadmill though, I need TV and/or music. But it has to be sport because I tend to lose concentration if I'm watching a show and can't keep up with the story.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nope. Do what works. If I'm running I need to have a set playlist. If cycling I need a podcast or I get bored.
  • syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    I used to go to 24hr for cardio and watched cooking shows..... That just made me hungry!

SAME LMFAO
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I watch cooking and baking shows while I workout, if I can't workout outside (because it's -20F or somethin').