Would it be weird to workout on a playground?

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    If there aren't kids around. And I mean NO kids. Not one.

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I'm going to be the dissenting voice here. If I saw an adult working out at the park near our house, I would think it would be weird. It would also be discouraging toward children that may want to play - "Oh, that grownup is using the playground."

I was going to say something similar. Actually, it's probably okay for a woman to work out at the playground, but not a man. With a guy, people would think he's some kind of weirdo or something and keep their kids away.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    KeshNZ wrote: »
    I'm going to be the dissenting voice here. If I saw an adult working out at the park near our house, I would think it would be weird. It would also be discouraging toward children that may want to play - "Oh, that grownup is using the playground."

I would only be going there after 8pm - if you're sending your kids to the playground after 8pm I'd probably think you are the weird one!

In summer it's light here until well past 9, so you'd better believe there are kids at the playground at 8! We have to take advantage of our short but sweet warm season.

JetJaguar wrote: »

I was going to say something similar. Actually, it's probably okay for a woman to work out at the playground, but not a man. With a guy, people would think he's some kind of weirdo or something and keep their kids away.

Yes, you are undoubtedly right about this.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I think if you're there with people- no one would notice- people train all the time in NYC in play grounds.

And odds are if it's around dinner time- there wont' be kids- and it won't be too dark- and you'll be okay- I've done it not felt weird about it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    As a mother with kids, i would not think it was weird if i took my kids to the playground and saw someone working out there.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »

Especially if you have a mustache, a tanned trench coat on, and wearing glasses from the 1980s.

"I am not a sex offender, officer. I just wanna work out."

So you're saying I shouldn't wear my Unabomber cosplay outfit when I work out at the playground? Ohh, that must explain why the cops keep getting called on me...
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Depends on the park. The rules for the park around my house are you can't be in there unless you have kids with you.

Same here, and mine has built in adult workout equipment . . . I guess for parents to workout while their children play - but I have tried it after playground hours. I doubt any issue would arise if you are really working out.
  • KeshNZ
    KeshNZ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe I could go to the park dressed as the grim reaper or slender man and just scare all the kids away first!