Help me make a list

Options
2»

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    get up and play something active with the kids :)
  • AmmerPlett
    Options
    Create a list on an index card (important to do this when the urge to eat is not present). On the list include the reasons that you want to lose weight. Before you decide to have a "surprise snack" take out your list and read it to yourself slowly, really taking time to think about each item on your list. After you have read your list it might be easier to deny yourself in the short term in order to achieve the long term.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...Im trying to come up with 100 things you can do to avoid eating (by this I mean over eating of course).
    You know some of us eat when where bored, upset, happy, angry and just because there's food.
    So what can we do when the urge slaps us in the face and we know it has nothing to do with "hunger"??

Ill start with......um

1. Look at pictures before you started your weight loss journey to remind your self how far youve come.

The pictures is a good idea! What really helps me is looking at pictures of myself 2 years ago at what I consider my perfect weight.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I usually do all this.

I also think about where I used to be and what I want my future to look like.

Or I call a friend .....usually I'm so annoyed with their whining by the time I get off the phone I don't wanna eat hahaha
  • carriecarlstrom
    Options
    When an urge to eat comes up I chug some ice water and wait about 10 minutes... if it passes then I wasn't really hungry... if it doesn't pass then it might be time for a healthy lil snack... if that helps...
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    so far Ive counted 12....keep um coming...letz get creative.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LEAVE the kitchen! :)

fold your laundry

clean the bathroom

make a list!

crochet something
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Enter it into MFP, and look at the calories. Does it take you over your goal? Can you work them off? What does it do to your numbers? This often puts me off when I realise just how many calories are in the 'little' snack I was about to eat...
  • MeReInvented
    Options
    Eating fruit like and apple or something else before you eat, is supposed to help fill your stomach with air, makes you feel fuller faster.
  • lbn23
    lbn23 Posts: 9
    Options
    chew gum.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    look up free online workout videos and do them!

take a walk

walk up & down the stairs for 10 mins

read a good book

journal your feelings

hang out with your pets
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to enforce the rule that if I don't know what an ingredient is on the label I won't eat it. So the other day I decided to google it, by the time I was done googling everything I wasn't hungry. I was also very confused.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a piece of cheese and i keep grapes within my reach :bigsmile:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Log it in your Food Diary...perhaps if you see just how bad it is, you'll be less tempted to eat it

i like that idea alot !
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    look at yourself naked in the mirror. :P
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Drink Green tea
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Log it in your Food Diary...perhaps if you see just how bad it is, you'll be less tempted to eat it

This is what I do!