Activity settings

Options
Hi everyone
I'm a hairstylist working four days a week booked up pretty solid with two days off. On my days off I'm running tons of errands and cleaning up after two kids! What should I set my activity setting to??? When I excersise I always eat back the extra calories

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What do you have your level set to now? How much are you losing a week and is it what you're expecting?
  • Nikitsa1
    Nikitsa1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started so I put it to lightly active! I was thinking maybe setting it to active?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    As a hairstylist on your work days, do you have bouts of sitting for one hour interrupted by no more than 5 minutes of walking? No? I think not. Since that bout of sitting for one hour interrupted by no more than 5 minutes of walking is the very definition of a sedentary job, you can safely categorize your activity level as 'lightly active'.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Nikitsa1 wrote: »
    I just started so I put it to lightly active! I was thinking maybe setting it to active?
    Active only if the scissors, product, and blow dryers you lift are over 20 lb. Stay at lightly active and watch how your body responds to your calorie deficit. Over a month or two, you'll start to notice if weight loss is happening faster or slower than your calorie deficit justifies. If something convinces you that there's an error somewhere in the program, it could be with your activity level, it could be with your logging of food, it could be with your logging of exercise, and it could be with the percentage of your exercise calories you're eating. It's your mission to manage this journey and you'll succeed best if you are honest with yourself.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Nikitsa1 wrote: »

Do you have access to a pedometer or step counting app?

If so, this is a good place to start:

Sedentary: <5000 steps/day
    Lightly Active: 5000-9999 steps/day
    Active: 10,000-14,999 steps/day
    Very Active: more than 15,000 steps/day