May weight loss challenge begun May 1

Replies

• pinkVhead
    pinkVhead Posts: 42 Member
    knowstartup-fitness.jpg
  • pinkVhead
    Ok I got it but if we want to post our pics we must have the picture in some website like photo bucket bcoz it needs URL.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Hellooooo

I'm Rachel, I'm 38 and in the uk. I'm mum to 4 great kids :)

My weight as of the 1st of may was 154lbs (11st)
    My goal weight I'd 126lbs (9st)
    I'm off on holiday in July and would like to get to 140lbs by then. 11weeks to go!

I've been overweight for thr last 20 years, have lost weight and had it creep back on. I find loosing the weight the easy bit, it's the maintaining I REALLY struggle with. I just get complacent and before I know it I've gained 20lbs again. Then I just think sod it and eat like a pig :( I've finally realised it's not a diet I need it's a lifestyle change. I have cut out a lot of snacking and unnecessary sugar out of my diet and I make sure I hit my 10,000 steps everyday. I love walking my little dog. I stick to 1200 calories a day and only eat back my exercise calories if I'm starving. I broke my knee in November and so I struggle with some of the classes at the gym, I'm not allowed to do anything high impact so my instructor usually shows me some alternatives so I'm not really missing out. My favourite class is boxing, it's a brilliant cardio class, and we have such a giggle, I LOVE it. I come out of that class drenched!

I log everything I eat everyday, not so much with drinking but I do try and drink at least 4 pints. My rest days Re Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I do still make sure I walk loads on those days. I have a horse also so am kept pretty busy.

Looking forward to sharing my weight loss goals with you all and helping to motivate all of you too :)

Much love ❤️❤️
  • pinkVhead
    Hi R2Che
    Glad to add a new member!!
    That means we are going to have one more success story this May ;)
    Do the best!!
    Wooow 4 kids.. Dog...horse... You are really busy!!!
    Yes its so tricky...
    Let's get the right mindset!!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Aww am glad you gals are missing me.. <3<3
    Am taking some time off(vacation lag :wink: :wink: )... I am eating as much as i want and sleeping as much as i want because my body aches.. we had a great trip in florida..

I am gonna give one more rest day to my lazy *kitten* and then am gonna join you all in the challenge..
    Today i am determined to go back to my OMAD diet, lets see how much i can do..

You are all doing great lovlies.. Keep up..

Love
    K
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Hi everyone, sorry it took so long to get back on here today. Yesterday was a very high pain day. I was fine until about 6:30 last evening and then . . . . OUCH!! I was, literally, sitting in the chair crying at 9:30 even after I took the pain medicine from my doctor. Oh well, much better today. And I did stick with my eating and even the nothing to drink except water yesterday. I even did my 10,000 steps in the evening! I am woman, I am strong, blah, blah, blah. RFLMAO. Wish I were doing this on my phone, bet there is an emoji that would be right for that.

Today I am still going to aim for my steps and to eat right, but otherwise am going to take it easy and see if I can keep the neck pain away. R2che, welcome and I sympathize with the knee. I fell last year and smashed my face, broke my arm and my foot. A foot is LOTS easier than a knee. Hope it heals really well for you.

Ummmm, pictures. Yeah, I think they have to be "in the cloud" or on a phone or at least on the computer you use. I put some in my profile and explained them above. I think the big difference from September, 2016 to April, 2017 is great! I'm with R2che, it's a lifestyle change and I just have to be willing to show up and do the work. For me, the willingness to take the action has come from God. Before, I just wasn't willing to leave out desserts and treats. They were too important. As for hamburgers and fries and stuff . . . . But somewhere in there what I wanted changed, and I really wanted the fresh fruit and salads and grilled fish, etc. And then I wanted to walk and be more active. Why my desires changed, I don't know. But they did and I'm just grateful.

For any who might have a hard time getting to the pictures:
    From last September:
    rn4q5s5hup26.jpg

April, 2017
    c6qs7q6iefw6.jpg

• R2che
    There is a huge change in your face Lin. I can see a massive difference and you look much happier :) I look forward to sharing your journey x

Today so far I have walked 3.2 miles, and my scales showed a 1lb loss this morning. That's 15lb off so far. 13lb to go for my holiday goal.

Hope everyone has a great day, the sun is shining in the uk. It makes everything so much easier when the weather is good xx
  • pinkVhead
    Hi Lin :D waaw such an amazing transformation... Its good to know that you have changed your choices in life :) I'm being aware what am I doing and how it is affecting me! I just noticed that yes I spin around and do households a lot but I seldom bend Lol... Its like my core never works...I'm careful not to work my abs thats why my hip is 54 inches Lol... Simple habit I have developed in years....
  • pinkVhead
    R2che wrote: »
    There is a huge change in your face Lin. I can see a massive difference and you look much happier :) I look forward to sharing your journey x

Today so far I have walked 3.2 miles, and my scales showed a 1lb loss this morning. That's 15lb off so far. 13lb to go for my holiday goal. x
    You will do it dear :D we will achieve!!
  • pinkVhead
    Ok if I type smiling emoticon... The laughing one is showing up...
  • pinkVhead
    Aww am glad you gals are missing me.. <3<3
    Am taking some time off(vacation lag :wink: :wink: )... I am eating as much as i want and sleeping as much as i want because my body aches.. we had a great trip in florida..

I am gonna give one more rest day to my lazy *kitten* and then am gonna join you all in the challenge..
    Today i am determined to go back to my OMAD diet, lets see how much i can do..

You are all doing great lovlies.. Keep up..

Love
    K
    Awesome girl.... Balance is so much important for a long run goal ;)
  • Chicabear1
    Chicabear1 Posts: 38 Member
    Day # 5 - Very long week and I'm pretty tired. Working out all week and getting in my daily Fit Bit steps and exercise classes has me pretty tired today. The week was a success. Met my daily step goals and calorie goals for each day. The weight scale was kind to me this morning too. Happy Friday my friends! Chica 5/5/17 <3
  • happyfamily51million
    happyfamily51million Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Everyone!

Can a newcomer still join the May Weight Loss Challenge? If so, here is my info:

Day # 1 - 5/5/17

Goals: 1) to lose 7 lbs. by May 31st, 2017. Tone my stomach, legs, upper arms etc.
    2) workout 6x a week
    3) no buying large bags of salty, crunchy snacks - especially popcorn!
    4) instead, drink at least 64 oz. of water everyday
    5) feel confident in a bathing suit and being photographed
    6) share and receive love from family, friends and others
  • Vinycha
    Vinycha Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Another new comer to join your May weight loss challenge. If I can be part of it, here are my details and goals

day # 1 - 5/5/2017

Goals :
    1. Need to loose 10 lbs by the end of May 31st.
    2. Have to get into the habit of working out regularly.

Starting weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248.6 (As of May 5th)
    Goal Weight: 130
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    You bet @happyfamily51million and @Vinycha We are happy to welcome everyone!! Thank you for joining us!!

Yesterday was a successful day for me, although very tired. This morning was doing errands and running around, also grocery shopping so I have the healthy foods to eat.

Am still really tired, so may take a nap and see if that perks me up. Tonight will do the exercise challenge for Hogwarts Term 14 and check out what the challenge is for the weekend. Am half of the way through my steps, so YEAH!!! That is good. Will go for a walk if still need more after the Hogwarts challenge. Didn't do all my steps yesterday. Was still having some pain and decided to take care of myself.

Will try to check back later today. Hope all of you have a WONDERFUL day!!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Awesome!! Awesome!! Was on vacation for a week and ate almost good and didnt follow OMAD and still gained 0.2lbs.. yay yay yay!!!!

I am so glad..
    Gals am joining may challenge from today on...
    Starting weight: 158.5lbs
    today's weight: 155lbs(05/05/2017)

Goal weight for May: 149lbs (6lbs depreciation)..

1) counting calories from today.
    2) Gym for 4 times a week. Done with today's Gym :):):love:

PS: Had 2 slices of (chicken, mushroom and extra cheese) Papajohn's pizza..

• R2che
    Been a funny old day for me today.
    My youngest daughter had a tang soo do competition to attend which was about an hour and a half away in the car. There was a lot of sitting about waiting for her turn and such like. Finally home and managed to get a quick 2 mile walk in with the dog. Skipped breakfast and had a egg sandwich for lunch and a protein bar. Salad for dinner.

So proud of my daughter! We are all shattered mind you! Better day exercise wise tomorrow xx
  • Chicabear1
    Chicabear1 Posts: 38 Member
    Day # 6, - - 5/6/17
    Chica reporting in on this fine Saturday.
    Met my 10,000 Fit Bit step goal for today so I'm happy about that. Been trying to control my snacking all day though. I have to stay focused. Weight scale was nice to me yesterday so I need to keep up with burning these extra calories I'm consuming. Going for another long walk this evening as it is so beautiful outside.
    Welcome new participants. Keep reaching for your goals! Xoxo, Chicabear
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Heyaa lovlies....
    Anyone interested to join me in "15day fit body challenge"?? This is from trainer lindsey.. lemme know anyone wanna start!!!!
  • R2che
    Afternoon all

The scales said I was up 2lb this morning. Buttttt my monthly arrived yesterday so I'm blaming it on that.

It's 4 pm here. I've walked my 10,000 steps already and I'm about to head off to the gym soon for a session, I'm feeling frustrated and meh so I'm hoping it will do me some good. Back to work tomorrow... boooo

Much love ❤️