May weight loss challenge begun May 1

Replies

• chandracurry3
    chandracurry3 Posts: 9 Member
    My in-laws gave us a short notice visit so they've been in town the last few days. I was logging a bit but not enough, other than walking I haven't had a chance to get any other workouts in while they've been in town. They just left this morning so I have some cleaning to do and prepping for the week but back to my workouts tomorrow! Hoping to go hiking a few times this week :)
  • Chicabear1
    Chicabear1 Posts: 38 Member
    Day # 7 - Chica dropping in to say hello and to check in. Today I went to my weight class. I met my 10,000 Fit Bit step goal for today too. I didn't overdo it with food and calorie intake so I should be on track for a good weigh-in next Friday. Take care my lovelies!
  • chandracurry3
    Weighed myself this morning and my scale said I dropped 19 lbs! I wish haha so took the battery out and weighed again and I'm still at my same weight I started at so at least I haven't gained anything. Went hiking this morning, and am just short of my 10,000 steps for the day so I know I'll exceed that today. Hoping to do a workout video when the little one takes a nap this afternoon. Have a bit of cleaning to get done today as well so I'll just try to hustle and burn some extra calories with that as well. Hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • Chicabear1
    Day # 8 - Went to the gym earlier, walked the treadmill for 65 min. / burned 305 calories there. I'll go for another evening walk once the sun goes down - - much too hot outside right now. Have a great week my friends! Chica 5/8/17
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    OK guys, so very so to have been Missing in Action!! Weighed yesterday. 208 -- down 1.2 pounds. I'm just slow but sure. Never have a huge change, but since starting at MFP have lost 22 pounds, I think.

Did OK over the weekend, but wasn't very active on the computer. My bad. Was just physically exhausted, and my experience has been that if I push too hard when I'm like that I end up sick and then in the hospital. Counterproductive to push! Did log my food every day, and my logs are open to all friends. My FitBit step goal is 10,000 steps. Friday I didn't make my step goal (only 9675 steps) and Saturday was even worse -- 8654 steps! But I give myself credit for at least moving a little. Sunday, I killed it! 12,910 plus some strength workouts.

Today I did a training session with my personal trainer, and then 32 minutes on the bike. I plan to do some walking, also, later today. But think maybe I need to get some new shoes. Mine are about 20 years old, and they hurt my foot at the spot where I broke it last year.

Hey @happyfamily51million and @Vinycha --- have missed you posting. Hope you will, because when you do it's easier to support and encourage you.

@Chicabear1, you are so great about posting and being consistent. Thank you!! You are inspiring.
    @pinkVhead, it must be really challenging to push yourself when there is a little one around. Me time must be very precious, because your focus is on your child.
    @chandracurry3, welcome back! It's hard when there is a drop-in visit from family. I live so far from all my family they CAN'T drop in! 1800 miles does make a difference, but I sure miss seeing them.
    @R2che, don't let the scale get you down. You are so good about your exercise! I think it is wonderful.
    @NoMoreAfatChick, I might be interested if the stuff isn't too hard. Could you give us a link or tell us more about it?

If I missed anyone, forgive me. Am still tired from my Saturday night (took neighbor to the ER at 2 a.m. -- she had cut her hand and had glass in it -- so my sleep was a bit off. But, I'm up and doing my best to be active and eat healthy.

Have a wonderful day! B)
  • Chicabear1
    Lin, thank you for posting. I really appreciate your time with all these other things going on in your life. Thank you so much for keeping our little challenge on track! You're the best!
  • pinkVhead
    pinkVhead Posts: 42 Member
    I have been missing a lot !!
    But I'm still moving FORWARD!
    I'm not logging yet but I'm being aware ... If I'm eating big dinner..next day I have a brunch...like that I'm balancing.
    Sw::258 lbs
    Cw::255.4 lbs
    Gw for may::250 lbs
    I need to give some more of me in this challenge!!
    @Chicabear1 waaaw girl you are one reason to keep me going!! I love your spirit so much! I will try hard to catch that pace!! Lol
    @Lin20281 slow and steady is cool... I'm happy you have dropped pounds this May :smile:
    @chandracurry3 keep it up.... You are doing it :) how's your baby??
    @NoMoreAfatChick sounds cool :) keep us posted about how you feel about that challenge. As I will be travelling a lot soon it would be hard for me to catch up!!
    @R2che you are on track :) I think that 2 lbs is waters... Keep working... You are a busy bee already lol
  • pinkVhead
    A loud ROARRRRRR to my WARRIORS !
    WE ARE ALL DOING A GREAT JOB!
    I VALUE ALL THE STEPS YOU TAKE BECAUSE I KNOW HOW IT IS!
    SOMETIMES ITS EVEN BIG STEP TO SACCRIFICE THAT ONE BITE OF YUMMY SWEET DESSERT!
    KEEP GOING FORWARD!!
    Reanalyze what you are doing so far...
    If necessary let's push a bit more!
    I know by MAY 31 WE all will be sharing the things we have achieved this May!
    Love u all :)
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Lin20281 wrote: »
    OK guys, so very so to have been Missing in Action!! Weighed yesterday. 208 -- down 1.2 pounds. I'm just slow but sure. Never have a huge change, but since starting at MFP have lost 22 pounds, I think.

Did OK over the weekend, but wasn't very active on the computer. My bad. Was just physically exhausted, and my experience has been that if I push too hard when I'm like that I end up sick and then in the hospital. Counterproductive to push! Did log my food every day, and my logs are open to all friends. My FitBit step goal is 10,000 steps. Friday I didn't make my step goal (only 9675 steps) and Saturday was even worse -- 8654 steps! But I give myself credit for at least moving a little. Sunday, I killed it! 12,910 plus some strength workouts.

Today I did a training session with my personal trainer, and then 32 minutes on the bike. I plan to do some walking, also, later today. But think maybe I need to get some new shoes. Mine are about 20 years old, and they hurt my foot at the spot where I broke it last year.

Hey @happyfamily51million and @Vinycha --- have missed you posting. Hope you will, because when you do it's easier to support and encourage you.

@Chicabear1, you are so great about posting and being consistent. Thank you!! You are inspiring.
    @pinkVhead, it must be really challenging to push yourself when there is a little one around. Me time must be very precious, because your focus is on your child.
    @chandracurry3, welcome back! It's hard when there is a drop-in visit from family. I live so far from all my family they CAN'T drop in! 1800 miles does make a difference, but I sure miss seeing them.
    @R2che, don't let the scale get you down. You are so good about your exercise! I think it is wonderful.
    @NoMoreAfatChick, I might be interested if the stuff isn't too hard. Could you give us a link or tell us more about it?

If I missed anyone, forgive me. Am still tired from my Saturday night (took neighbor to the ER at 2 a.m. -- she had cut her hand and had glass in it -- so my sleep was a bit off. But, I'm up and doing my best to be active and eat healthy.

Have a wonderful day! B)

@Lin20281
    Awesome Lin!! You are the one binding us all together.. Love that about you.. Love your attitude..
    loss is a loss.. 1.2lbs is awesome if it is NOT gain.. so you dd great..
    you can find them on youtube.. below is the link for day1 workout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4v7vnw-E7M

Lemme know if you need more info, would love to help...

Love
    K

• NoMoreAfatChick
    Heyaa lovlies....
    Anyone interested to join me in "15day fit body challenge"?? This is from trainer lindsey.. lemme know anyone wanna start!!!!

Girls..
    I am done with my day1 workout of "15day fit body challenge"?"15day fit body challenge"?.. and it is burning!!!
    I couldnt do all the things mentioned properly but hope i will become better..
    I am doing these exercises along with my daily routine and OMAD diet too...

"15day fit body challenge" - search in youtube if interested!!!

Keep burning those calories!!

Love
    K
  • pinkVhead
    I am adding weights to my daily life Lol
    I did 3 sets of 10 tricep extensions today!!
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Evening all.
    Haven't had much time to read the forums the last couple of days. It's been so nice in the uk I've been making the most of the good weather when I'm not at work.

I've finally dropped the 2lbs I gained and lost another 1 lb too. Yay! Ignite off from the gym tonight. I'm catching up with TV programmes I've missed and relaxing for once!

Hope everyone is going ok. Love reading all your posts :) x
  • Chicabear1
    Hi my friends! It's Day # 12 of our May Challenge. You are all doing a fantastic job and happy for each of you! You're working hard and it's great to see your progress! It's been pretty tough for me. I do well then fall down by eating too much. I hate it when the taste buds take over and I can't seem to stop my eating. For the most part I can control it but when I eat too much I gain weight very fast. It might seem like I'm doing well but, trust me, it's really tough and I'm a long way to where I need to be! Very frustrated with myself sometimes. I'll keep moving forward but it's one of the hardest things for me...losing weight is extremely difficult for me. One bad meal or over eating and the weight comes back on very quickly. Sometimes I think to myself...I'll never win the battle with myself...
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Hellooooo
    I've got In to a (uk) size 10 jeans this morning! Omg this makes me soooo happy. Don't get me wrong, they are tight and I've not got the faintest idea how I'm going to get out of them but who cares!!! I'm in a size 10!! Wooohoooo

Enjoy the weekend my lovelies

Much love ❤️ ❤️
  • pinkVhead
    I do well then fall down by eating too much. I hate it when the taste buds take over and I can't seem to stop my eating. For the most part I can control it but when I eat too much I gain weight very fast. It might seem like I'm doing well but, trust me, it's really tough and I'm a long way to where I need to be! Very frustrated with myself sometimes. I'll keep moving forward but it's one of the hardest things for me...losing weight is extremely difficult for me. One bad meal or over eating and the weight comes back on very quickly. Sometimes I think to myself...I'll never win the battle with myself...[/quote]

Ok I feel 100% same. This even sometimes demotivates me from exercising !! Taking close look at us is extremely hard because we assume many things about us rather than really know us!! Watching me close is what I'm doing now...
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Chicabear1 wrote: »
    Hi my friends! It's Day # 12 of our May Challenge. You are all doing a fantastic job and happy for each of you! You're working hard and it's great to see your progress! It's been pretty tough for me. I do well then fall down by eating too much. I hate it when the taste buds take over and I can't seem to stop my eating. For the most part I can control it but when I eat too much I gain weight very fast. It might seem like I'm doing well but, trust me, it's really tough and I'm a long way to where I need to be! Very frustrated with myself sometimes. I'll keep moving forward but it's one of the hardest things for me...losing weight is extremely difficult for me. One bad meal or over eating and the weight comes back on very quickly. Sometimes I think to myself...I'll never win the battle with myself...

U can do it @Chicabear1 !!!! And this time you are gonna do it!!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Hello ladies!!!
    Today is May 15th and it is the mid of the month....
    Anyone measured their weight??
    I am gonna check and get back to you in a while....
    Would love to know the progress!!!
  • chandracurry3
    I bought an exercise ball and resistance bands for Mother's Day, got them in the mail yesterday and my husband broke one of the bands so I'm returning those. He felt so bad but I told him they obviously aren't very good if they break on the first use so I'll get something else instead.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 148, which is a tiny bit higher from where I was the end of last week but I accidentally tried wearing my pre pregnancy shorts the other day and I can button them! So I'm not necessarily losing weight but obviously losing something :) I'll have to do my measurements at the end of the month and see if anything has changed!

Still no soda for me but my husband bought way too many sweets for me yesterday, I kept telling him I'm not eating that stuff and I've been pretty good about controlling my portions. Most of the stuff he bought I just hid in the pantry so I'll forget about it.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, hope you all have a great Monday and an awesome week!!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Hello.. am back with the stats...
    I have gained a pound back.. obvious coz of too many damn cheat days...
    i am 156lbs now...
    I am not gonna give up... will try hard to control cravings... goodluck everyone..
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Hi again, Everyone! I'm so sorry that I keep flaking out. Last week was Quidditch Match week and I was exercising like a lunatic! Oh my goodness! But I got more than the maximum points allowed! I've never done that before.

Weighed on Saturday for the Hogwarts Challenge and was 205.4. Then weighed on Sunday (because that is my normal day) and was 204.8 pounds! Maybe by the end of the month I'll be less than 200. That will be such a big victory for me!

I had a NSV (Non-Scale Victory) last week. I was able to cross my legs like a lady. I don't know HOW long it has been since I could do that!

Varshah -- I hope you make it below 250 this month. It will be such a huge victory. I remember when I achieved that! I was so excited! And I totally understand about gaining easily. I do too, and that makes it twice as hard. In the Hogwarts Challenge, I'm so happy that I have managed to lose something every single week. We are on Week 7. But a loss every week!! To me, that says that I have been consistent.

@NoMoreAfatChick you are so on target. DON'T give up! I have often said that no matter what my weight, etc., I am not a failure. I will only be a failure if I quit trying; but as long as I keep giving it a go -- I'm not a failure. I hope I said that so it makes at least some sense. LOL

@R2che good for you! That is wonderful! Do you know the difference in the sized from America to UK. I have no idea how they translate.

Have a wonderful day, all. Think I may take a nap. I went to bed at about 1 in the morning, and woke at 4 a.m. I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I finally just got up. I'm tired!!