BIKINI ADVICE!

Options
13»

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    keelycj1 wrote: »
    To all those thinking the style isn't the best, which style should I go for? I need support, so the ones that aren't underwire don't usually work. I tried these on but they didn't feel right. 5k0azsnx2ozs.jpg9wh70uu3sbdi.jpg

Oh see I like the maroon one

Yep, I like the maroon one as well.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    The maroon one is super cute, but you should go up a size on the bottoms. They look like they're cutting in a bit.
  • keelycj1
    keelycj1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The maroon one is super cute, but you should go up a size on the bottoms. They look like they're cutting in a bit.

I didn't get the bottoms- they were high waisted and not flattering so I just rolled them down a bit (hance the cutting haha)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    A halter-style underwire top is going to be your best bet for support. Something like this, maybe, judging by the other styles you seem to like:
    7vrcsb6aetmi.jpg
    At Target. It's available in regular bra band and cup sizing, which is nice.

Everything about your posture (feet turned in, toes curled under, hand flat on thigh) says you're not comfortable in these suits (or at least not taking your picture in them :smile: ) Whatever you decide on, just be sure you can relax and have fun in it!
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    purple one, its about as complicated as I'm prepared to like. I don't understand all these fancy designs on bikinis, surely they're so you can get a tan and enjoy the weather? I wouldn't want a tan with all these odd patterns all over the place!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but I never liked the "grandma kitchen window treatment" style of swim bras.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Maroon looks great if it was in black Even better !
  • keelycj1
    Options
    Thank you all for being helpful and positive!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but I never liked the "grandma kitchen window treatment" style of swim bras.

it could make for some fun tan lines...
  • keelycj1
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

it could make for some fun tan lines...

You could play chess or checkers haha
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and as for the suit, wear what you want and feel comfortable in. Personally I am not a fan of that top, but if you are, that's all that matters.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    purple one, its about as complicated as I'm prepared to like. I don't understand all these fancy designs on bikinis, surely they're so you can get a tan and enjoy the weather? I wouldn't want a tan with all these odd patterns all over the place!

To be fair, it's been a while since this pasty girl got a tan on purpose :laugh: Tan lines are far off in my almost-forgotten past lol
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love the maroon one! It looks great on you!! It still shows a bit, but in a good way. I've never been a fan of the style in the first picture, but I am probably almost twice as old as you! :smile:

You look great! Have fun!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    OnAllFours wrote: »
    You look beautiful and as for the suit, wear what you want and feel comfortable in. Personally I am not a fan of that top, but if you are, that's all that matters.

You're too sweet man. More men should be like you.
  • itsfuntobedevilinabluedress
    Options
    Maybe just buy what you like and don't care what anyone else says.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more curious what makes someone think it's "trashy". If you like it, then it shouldn't matter what other people say.

As for my opinion (since you were asking us), while it's not a style I would wear, I think it looks great on you. Would look nicer with a matching bottom or some boy shorts, I think.

Why do you think you need to lose weight to wear what you like? It's not like you're trying to squeeze into a suit that's too small for you. I think as long as you don't have to fear accidental boob spillage, you're fine.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    keelycj1 wrote: »
    To all those thinking the style isn't the best, which style should I go for? I need support, so the ones that aren't underwire don't usually work. I tried these on but they didn't feel right. 5k0azsnx2ozs.jpg9wh70uu3sbdi.jpg

The burgundy is nice.
    pinuplove wrote: »
    A halter-style underwire top is going to be your best bet for support. Something like this, maybe, judging by the other styles you seem to like:
    7vrcsb6aetmi.jpg
    At Target. It's available in regular bra band and cup sizing, which is nice.

Everything about your posture (feet turned in, toes curled under, hand flat on thigh) says you're not comfortable in these suits (or at least not taking your picture in them :smile: ) Whatever you decide on, just be sure you can relax and have fun in it!

This one is super nice.