what do you eat for a snack?

Options
Sometimes I just want something small to snack on.
Not a full meal or anything big just something to curb the appetite for a while.
What do you suggest?

Replies

• zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    A cheesestring (if it is later in the day because it's low carb) or fruit!
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    peanut butter and apples. keeps me full until dinner. I eat it every single day and never grow tired of it... in fact, I look forward to it!
  • Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    53 pretzel sticks are 100 calories. Jello makes sugar free pudding and one cup is 60 calories. Or cheese as a snack as I dont allow myself to have it on my food anymore!
  • StephieAmber
    Options
    I enjoy plain yogurt of kefir with fruit, or almonds, ryvita crackers with a nutbutter of some sort, cheese string, veggies and hummus, there's lots of things...and they're all pretty low cal and fully of healthy fats/proteins/carbs, but do the trick and hold you over until a bigger meal :)
  • jlynnmclaughlin
    Options
    Veggies are my snack fave. Low cals and you can have a nice amount. Fruit too! :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on what you're in the mood for. Crunch? Try baby carrots. Salty? Try Lay's fat free chips or salted almonds. Sweet? Fruit like a fresh peach or watermelon. Chocolate? Quaker chocolate rice cake!
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I try to go for a glass of skimmed milk, or a piece of fruit... but often end up with a packet of crisps, or a few biscuits...
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    NUTS! They ARE high in fat (but it's GOOD fat) and cals, but the protein helps curb your appetite. If you pair that with something like an apple that's got a lot of fiber in it, you'll feel satisfied for a long time.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Raisins, or a banana, or some rice cakes. Sometimes I have a couple of slices of ham as a snack if I've been a bit protein light during the day.

:)
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I try to go for a glass of skimmed milk, or a piece of fruit... but often end up with a packet of crisps, or a few biscuits...
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Almonds/Peanut butter both are good but only in small amounts.
    Low cal String Cheese.
    Fruit
    Protein shake
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    A few things. In the morning, it usually a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts. I'm more hungry in the time between lunch and dinner. So, I'll eat some greek yogurt. It has lots of protein and will keep me full until dinner.
  • grmacgirl
    grmacgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite after-work / pre-bike-ride snack is a low fat string cheese and a small handfull of nuts. I like almonds, The Man likes cashews. That takes the edge off and keeps us going for quite a while.

And I try like crazy to keep fruit in the house so that I don't do anything stupid if I just get the munchies. :)
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    24 sweet cherries ~ 100 calories
    10-15 baby carrots ~ 35 calories
    any kind of fruit is usually below 100 calories and curbs the sweet tooth
    those green giant boxes of veggies are usually around 100-120 calories
    laughing cow spreadable cheeses (35 calories) with a handful of crackers (80-100 calories)
    Kellog's pretzel and chocolate bars (90 calories + fiber)
  • niresupernova
    Options
    Clif Mojo bars! Salty, nutty, sweet, and high in protein...
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    16 Reduced fat wheat thins and a wedge of garlic & herb laughing cow cheese!!! Yummy!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Chobani 0% with fruit on the bottom is my favorite afternoon snack. I sometimes pair it with some fruit or almonds if I'm especially hungry.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I usually go for the 100 calories snacks, fruits, veggies, nuts, or sugar free pudding.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Planters Flavor Grove Almonds are my new favorite snack!

I also will have a piece of fruit, veggies and hummus, or a slice of cheese whenever a hunger pang strikes!
  • DelainaB
    DelainaB Posts: 28
    Options
    I can never stick to liking just one thing as a snack. I do try to keep snacks small though. I typically do fruit or veggies, yogurt, nuts or a small granola bar. Works out well to curb my appetite till the next real meal.