Promoting Subway sandwiches

13

Replies

  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Adverts are based on your browser history...

    Yep. This thread would have had much more potential if it was a rant about porn or "male enhancement" drugs.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I was already considering subway for lunch....this just confirmed it

    I almost had it for dinner last night but I chose Penn Station instead

    I love Penn Station! They don't have any in Chicago though....only get it when going to Indiana.

    Give me a Firehouse Subs Club for a fast food sammich fix.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    pixl45 wrote: »
    Promotion of pseudo-science like this is malpractice. This company should be ashamed of itself.

    Maybe hospitals should start giving away free cigarettes now too.

    I love the total lack of context in this post.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    And the irony is now all of us will probably be seeing Subway ads, even if that isn't actually what the OP was about :lol:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,929 Member
    Wow. I never knew there was anything wrong with Subway. I eat there almost every Wednesday after hand bell practice. It didn't stop me from losing 70 pounds.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Adverts are based on your browser history...

    Not really. I have in my PC right now an add for a pet adoption agency (Shelter Pet Project), and I don't own a pet, I never browsed about it, and I am the only one using this PC.

    With respect to Subway sandwiches: I don't care for them and I never understood what was all the fuss about. The last time that I ate one out of necessity was 6 years ago. I wasn't impressed.

    OP just don't look at it, disregard the advertising that you don't find interesting and carry on with your life.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Adverts are based on your browser history...

    Not really. I have in my PC right now an add for a pet adoption agency (Shelter Pet Project), and I don't own a pet, I never browsed about it, and I am the only one using this PC.

    With respect to Subway sandwiches: I don't care for them and I never understood what was all the fuss about. The last time that I ate one out of necessity was 6 years ago. I wasn't impressed.

    OP just don't look at it, disregard the advertising that you don't find interesting and carry on with your life.

    For about a week, I was getting an ad about donating money to help seniors in the UK get out of the house instead of watching tv. I'm in Minnesota, so it was kind of confusing. I'm sure it was based on my history in some way, but I'm not sure how.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Adverts are based on your browser history...

    Not really. I have in my PC right now an add for a pet adoption agency (Shelter Pet Project), and I don't own a pet, I never browsed about it, and I am the only one using this PC.

    With respect to Subway sandwiches: I don't care for them and I never understood what was all the fuss about. The last time that I ate one out of necessity was 6 years ago. I wasn't impressed.

    OP just don't look at it, disregard the advertising that you don't find interesting and carry on with your life.

    I don't recall there ever being a "fuss" about Subway sandwiches. This thread is the most I have ever seen as far as kerfluffles go.
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Is this from an ad? I don't get those, except for a partial Swiffer ad on my phone in the app (I use an app that allows one advert through when I have another app running). Firewalls take care of everything else via desktop. Maybe check your settings, clear your cache, and tweak your preferences in Google to start? It's only data; we manipulate it into the information we need. Good luck!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    U2R2 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I was already considering subway for lunch....this just confirmed it

    I almost had it for dinner last night but I chose Penn Station instead

    I love Penn Station! They don't have any in Chicago though....only get it when going to Indiana.

    Give me a Firehouse Subs Club for a fast food sammich fix.

    That's opening up a block away from Penn Station sometime this month!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    There are plenty of ways to make your sandwich a wise choice. The problem comes when people thing that just because they're at a subway that no matter what they get is a good choice. Subway doesn't claim that it's chicken bacon ranch is healthy, or that the meatball sandwich is healthy.They promote their 'fresh fit' sandwiches (which, when made according to the suggested formula with NO cheese) fit the American heart association seal. The only bad thing about these could be the sodium count, but that can be fit into most people's daily healthy nutrition. In the end, if it fits your calories, it's fine in moderation.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'm still confused about how Subway sandwiches are pseudoscience...

    But did you google the "banana @WinoGelato stopper?"
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I am holding out on commenting on the OP, because I feel like there is some missing context (as in all of the context).
  • Lindie16
    Lindie16 Posts: 4 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I am holding out on commenting on the OP, because I feel like there is some missing context (as in all of the context).

    The context (I believe) is Mfp's "Subway's Get Fit" Challenge--if you join the challenge and log 25 meals you get entered into drawings for prizes, including Subway gift cards. I saw the ad in the bottom of my food diary the other day (app). The OP probably sees this as Mfp promoting Subway as healthy, which we are all aware can easily be not true depending on your choices. But you know, it's just another campaign.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    While I agree that it's probably boring to eat nothing but Subway sandwiches to lose weight, ain't nothing wrong w/ a sub every once in a while.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Lindie16 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I am holding out on commenting on the OP, because I feel like there is some missing context (as in all of the context).

    The context (I believe) is Mfp's "Subway's Get Fit" Challenge--if you join the challenge and log 25 meals you get entered into drawings for prizes, including Subway gift cards. I saw the ad in the bottom of my food diary the other day (app). The OP probably sees this as Mfp promoting Subway as healthy, which we are all aware can easily be not true depending on your choices the context/dosage within your overall diet. But you know, it's just another campaign.

    Fixed it for you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,868 Member
    I like Subway.

    I eat a subway sandwich about once a fortnight.

    although I am small and on a relatively low calorie allowance I have no trouble fitting a 6 in sub and a cookie into my day.

    cant see why simple ingredients like bread, meat, salad, cheese are unhealthy.
    Of course you can choose higher or lower calorie options - just like food choices at all places.

    Not getting the outrage here.