What to eat with eggs?

Options

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    I am going to cook eggs. I don't want bread. I want a nice dish. I was not sure. I have been told I need to eat better carb choices so I have not been eating bread. I have wholegrain bread but it is high in fat. I am eating eggs and that's already high in fat.

Seek better advice, bread is fine...
    I am going to cook eggs. I don't want bread. I want a nice dish. I was not sure. I have been told I need to eat better carb choices so I have not been eating bread. I have wholegrain bread but it is high in fat. I am eating eggs and that's already high in fat.

That's not what he asked.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I normally eat 2 eggs and make a piece of toast using Dave's killer bread (2g of fat, 250mg omega 3, 22g whole grains) and top it with Greek yogurt and w.e fruit I have in my house. around 300 calories depending how much yogurt and the type of fruit.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like eating eggs with a protein (bacon, chicken breast, pork) sizzled in olive oil and half an avocado. Nom nom. It's what I had for breakfast this morning.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Pico de gallo and spinach. Nom nom.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like a runny egg on a bowl of steel cut oatmeal.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Steak. Rib eye.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What's in your refrigerator? I will make an omelet for dinner tonight, and based on what I have I think it will include mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach, plus some feta cheese. I'll probably have some smoked whitefish on the side, but that's me, and might seem weird.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard boiled egg in my salad as part of my lunch today. I'm no chef so it's simple and yummy. Spinach, coleslaw salad mix, egg and a bit of salt and pepper.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    mushrooms and spinach!
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    Bacon. Lots of it.

I can't, I am a Muslim.

Shhhhhhhhhhh...nobody has to know.

Is there such a thing as goat bacon?

The turkey bacon is a lie....

regardless of religion, if he is worried about the fat content in bread... bacon is not the best choice :P
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options

Wholegrain bread is high in fat?! :huh:

Yeah it's this brand that is high in fat for some reason.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Just eat the bread. I love multigrain flat outs or high protein wraps with a little salsa and spinach and egg.

If you really don't want bread (even though bread is not inherently bad...) try a fried egg on a potato yum!

The seeded bread has 10 grams of fat in 2 slices. That's the only bread I have.

Ten grams of fat is not terrible. I would finish off the loaf and then just get lower fat bread if you want that or switch to something else at that time. I don't limit my fat but if I wanted to, that is what I would do. Eating the bread for a few more days isn't the end of the world.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

That's not what he asked.

But it is still the answer...
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble with onion, bell pepper and black beans and then top with avocado and salsa. Soooo good.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I like a runny egg on a bowl of steel cut oatmeal.

I suddenly feel like I want to puke! :s
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eggs are the most versatile of the proteins. I go through my vegetable drawer, chop whatever I have on hand, and do a slow pan roast in a little oil or butter. Add some pepper too. I pour the beaten eggs over the veggies and flip.

You may also consider putting your scrambled eggs in a wrap.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sauteed vegetables go well with eggs. Onions, mushrooms, and peppers are great. Tomatoes are also good, but you probably need to cook them until most of the moisture is gone, so you don't get watery eggs. Sliced raw tomatoes also go well with eggs.

Vegetables are nutritious and will fill you up. And as long as you don't use a lot of oil or fat cooking them, they're low calorie.
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Carbs that is not bread? Potato!

A traditional American breakfast is eggs & hashbrowns...eggs & potato pancakes. Many egg casseroles have potatoes. Many quiches have egg & potato. These are often paired together.

For lunch, I often boil a sweet potato & put half of it into scrambled eggs. Then I use the other half the next day. It is a meal very high in potassium.

Personally also love, love, love spinach in my eggs.

(When I was in Jordan, humous, pita, & pickled vegetables was the traditional breakfast our host treated me to.)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka