What to eat with eggs?

Options

Replies

• thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I grew up this way, so, I eat: eggs, radishes cut in quarters, tomatoes cut in quarters, green onions cut 3", olives, bit of cheese (whatever you want but I usually eat aged cheddar, haloumi, white cheese, or fontina). Yes, it may seem like a salad but I swear it tastes yummy w/o any dressing.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I love using Mission extra thin corn tortillas and make egg tacos with some salsa and a little cheese or light sour cream. Yum. It also somehow looks like a big breakfast.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love eggs over easy over cauliflower rice (I don't eat bread as it upsets my stomach); also love eggs over sautéed Brussels sprouts; as a matter of fact I love eggs over almost any vegie. Lovely breakfast.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I had a two egg omelet with asparagus, spinach, and onion with roasted purple fingerling potatoes cooked in coconut oil on Sunday. Pretty good. Normally I skip on the carb source but those potatoes were bangin'
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    rs9ur07fb3d2.jpg

Picture Ref: http://www.reclaimingprovincial.com/2012/06/28/veggie-quinoa-bibimbap/

I like my eggs over easy on top of brown rice or quinoa, plus whatever left over veggies I have in the fridge, beans, lentils, and sauce - lots of sauce!

That said, you don't need to worry about "good fats" like olives, olive oil, avocados, grass fed butter, grass fed animal fat, wild salmon with skin, sardines...

Bread has little fat usually - but lots of carbs. Unless you are going to go Keto / Paleo some carbs are okay just don't over do it.

See this website for a list: http://paleoiq.com/best-paleo-diet-blogs/

Quinoa in bibimbap? Sacrilege!!!!

Also eggs are so incredibly versatile. Eat them with anything. Make a breakfast quesadilla with some tomato, onion, scrambled eggs and a dollop of sour cream or some queso cotija in a corn tortilla. Delicious
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    thingal12 wrote: »
    I grew up this way, so, I eat: eggs, radishes cut in quarters, tomatoes cut in quarters, green onions cut 3", olives, bit of cheese (whatever you want but I usually eat aged cheddar, haloumi, white cheese, or fontina). Yes, it may seem like a salad but I swear it tastes yummy w/o any dressing.

Wait, are the eggs hard boiled? That sounds amazing!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I like a runny egg on a bowl of steel cut oatmeal.

I suddenly feel like I want to puke! :s

And you felt the need to share this, why?

Steel cut oats are great in savory meals. There is a frozen meal I sometimes buy that is steel cut oats, cheese, and mushrooms. It's so good.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Steel cut oats are just another grain. They taste amazing in a savory dish.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    This morning, I sauteed some mushrooms, onions and spinach, poured in some whisked eggs, then folded it into an omelet.

I love scrambled eggs mixed with rice and a bit of soy sauce. Sometimes instead of rice, I used riced cauliflower and carrots.

Last week I mostly had eggs scrambled with a mixture of sauteed onion, mushroom, zucchini, carrots and celery.

I like polenta with a fried or poached egg on top, with a sprinkling of parmesan.

I always enjoy a quiche. My favorite is a Florentine with spinach, mushrooms, onions and gruyere cheese.

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Love poached eggs over zoodles with sriacha.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka

Gesundheit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Yeah, runny eggs on steel cut oats with some asparagus or broccoli and maybe some feta is a favorite of mine.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I think of the sliminess of oatmeal and the runny eggs. Textural thing for me.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    don't worry so much about fat. recent information suggests it's not as important in causing disease as sugar.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The Joy of Cooking has a whole chapter about eggs.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Whole grain waffles, turkey bacon, sausage, ham, sautéed veggies (mushrooms and peppers are my favorites), pan fried potatoes, rice (did this a lot in Japan), cheese.. I mean, loads of choices.

I eat eggs nearly every morning with two of these other items usually. :)
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »

It has a chapter of every food practically known. Seriously - some older versions walk you through how to skin an opossum!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My go-to quick dinner is a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of cheese and a poached egg. NOMS.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    LAT1963 wrote: »

It has a chapter of every food practically known. Seriously - some older versions walk you through how to skin an opossum!

My mom's Joy of Cooking has a chapter devoted to cooking a whole pig's head. It's supposed to be a special holiday "treat". LOL
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka

This! So good..