Question of the Day- Day 3

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 3:heart:

What's one food/ snack/ drink that you HATE giving up but know that the reward in the end will be soooo worth it?!

**Me- COKE!! I was literally a Coke addict! I drank it everyday! Just talking about it makes my mouth water lol

P.S. I super love doing this because that means I HAVE to get on everyday cause I can't let all of you down!! Thanks for supporting my posts and doing it everyday with me! I love it!!!!

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Coke is mine as well. This is one I'd REALLY like to give up- it's really the same as drinking sugar water but I just love my coca cola. Now it's only for special occasions (b/day, christmas)

cheesecake - I get cheesecake ONCE a year - Thanksgiving, and it makes me Thankful
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Right now, it's pasta. I cannot control myself!! I hope I can learn some tricks to be able in incorporate it evenutally, but right now, every time I try I am WAY over what I intended to eat. Guess I'm not quite ready for that one yet.
  • butturfly2021
    Options
    Dr. Pepper!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I do not really give up anything. I just come up with healthy versions of my favorite foods even cheesecake.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper is mine :( I miss it but I miss being thin more!!
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Right now it wold have to be crunchies (potato chips, wheat thins, etc). I have already successfully given up all sodas (including diet), hamburgers, fries, pizza, and anything that comes from a fast food restaurant. But for some reason those pesky little chips or crackers (ad the occasional) chocolate bar have been a little harder to get over, especially late at night! I hoping now that I'm starting to blog about this and find fitness pal friends who will read these postings that I'll find the motivation to give these up or at least cut them back to only special occasions.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Reese's Peanutbutter cups (or any of their other products). Although it is slightly easier now that I have developed a slight allergic reaction to peanut butter. It isnt deadly but it is itchy and annoying.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Coke or Mountain Dew :D I quit a few years back and didnt have any sodas for years and felt great and lost a ton of weight, however i started again and gained it backed and its hard to quit again. I went over 3 months without one not too long ago but after 3 months cravings were still there and and no weight loss not even 1 lb so saw no incentive to keep at it :( I am trying again but keep thinking maybe one a week isnt bad LOL
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Cheese!! On anything and everything!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    peanut butter for sure... i havent "given it up". i still eat it within limits. a tbs for breakfast on toast. but i used to eat it by the cup full.. and you know how that adds up!!!
  • onedot49
    onedot49 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anything Chocolate. I have a very difficult time sticking to just one or two pieces of candy. To make matters worse my thin hubby brings home bags of it and holds it under my nose. He has always wanted to keep me "fluffy" but I am determined to be what I want to be.
  • pebbles71785
    pebbles71785 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Candy Coffee, love that stuff and all the sugary goodness.
  • AWHull
    AWHull Posts: 10
    Options
    Crunchy potato chips...something about the crunch is satisfying. And for the strangest reason, celery makes my tongue & lips itch. Yikes!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet coke last year (it was hard...when I say i was addicted i really was! got the shakes, threw up ect. when i quit) but now it's sourdough bread and pasta...sourdough isnt hard because they dont have it here but i still crave it OH so badly!!!!

I miss carbs
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sweets in general - cookies, cake,etc. Little Debbie's still look good to me but haven't tasted one in years. I try to make healthy snacks, but sometimes a packaged treat or a decadent piece of cake still calls my name....lol
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Buffalo wings!!!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    pepsi and buffalo wings
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Candy, I do have small dark chocolate squares.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Looks like almost all of us have had a meetup with the soda demon! lol I am happy to say that "so far" I have not had a problem with food....yet. I am going grocery shopping today and scared to death that coke or other things are going to pull me in but I am going to FIGHT the temptation!!!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes...fries...and cheeseburgers....you know, the kind with enough grease on the wrapper to fry a whole chicken....I swear if I meet my goal weight by my wedding, we're eating at McDonald's for our first married meal. lol