What do you do when you are sad???

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely sad and when I am it's usually remembering someone that I cared about that is now gone. Mother's Day is coming up and that will make me a little sad, but it's a good sad. I enjoy thinking about her and the affect she has had on my life.
  • Succubus666
    Succubus666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I lock myself in the bathroom and have a hot steamy shower while I try to silently cry. I don't want me fiancé or kids to hear or worry about me.

One time the fiancé caught me, crawled in with me and held me until I was done. It was sweet.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed I can't eat and can't stop thinking about whatever is stressing me out. So I clean and organize the house and throw stuff out. A clean uncluttered space makes me calmer. When there is nothing left to clean or organize I start writing lists. It unclutters my mind.

I'm not sad too often. I can't remember the last time I cried...
  • thieambe
    thieambe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I drink. Nobody should probably take that advice.
  • rachuzi
    rachuzi Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Being overwhelmed in general.. I just spend some quality time ALONE, I know this sounds weird but it helps! Just take a day off work don't tell your family till after and go walk around the mall, watch a movie, grab a coffee BY YOURSELF or stay home watch a TV series with your dog or your favourite movie and order in your all time favourite meal... let me tell ya most of the time what's stessin you out is people/person and you just need to breathe
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I was really sad today, I don't even know why...but what helped me was:

- I (very fortunately) found someone who listened to me
    - I found something distracting to do, a change of environment and activity
    - I made a random decision/choice, which gives me something else to think about for a while
    - I focused on something in my life that I have control over and I am trying to work on that in a healthy way
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Stress - i cook
    Sadness - what's that?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Depends on why I'm sad or stressed, I think.

1.) Music
    2.) Walking - particularly to a place where I can see scenery or view the stars.
    3.) Do something creative - knit, crochet, draw, cook.
    4.) When all else fails, pet these guys:

uozo2sm8q23w.jpg
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    To quote Barney Stinson: "when I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story."

Yea, I know, it only works for fictional sit-com characters...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Come here and post gifs.
  • moineau_
    moineau_ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well stress has definitely been a thing lately, with finals and all (thank god that is over...for a few weeks at least).
    I treated myself to clay masks, a cooling gel mask, lots of Netflix binging and my favorite Smartpop popcorn (and okay, some wine too, heh heh).

I also spent a lot of time outside working on managing my little garden, and my lemon tree. That was actually a good way to deal with both sadness and stress, because just being outside in the sun and getting fresh air helped me feel better.
    Walking my dog through the pretty park on my campus was another great way to relieve both stress and sadness...then I'd come home and enjoy my clay mask, Netflix, popcorn and wine ritual :p
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one here that turns to God for solutions ?
  • Abhi_131196
    Abhi_131196 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Wine and isolation is all i need
  • NicoleKhb
    NicoleKhb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stress: house work top to bottom till I'm shattered.
    Sad: visit my dad's grave and cry out all the pain away.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Candy binges and little distractions.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In the past drink and rock out to music but now, exercise and hot tub is what I like to do when sad
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Music
    Tears
    Alcohol
    Food
    Friend
    Walk
    Sleep
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    jw1r65qci158.png

aww, i want someone to do this for me the next time i am sad. that way it's controlled and i'm not eating a whole package of Oreos hehe no really - someone roll me up like a sushi roll.

when i'm stressed - i tend to turn to food. it's a horrible reaction. if i'm pissed - i'm at the gym because i have that extra energy to lay into it and i get in a really fantastic workout.
    sad - i'm watching a romantic chick flick lol with my little furbaby, Mumu-san.