subway

Options
2»

Replies

• MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ham & turkey on honey oat, with cheese, salad, onion, cucumber, tomato and honey mustard...

That's what I always get... Sometimes with chicken instead of ham & turkey, or 9-grain wheat instead of honey oat.
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I get honey wheat with almost all veggies including avocado & honey mustard. YUM!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I always get turkey. I will never touch the tuna because it's made with an entire pound bag of mayo and not a lot of tuna.
  • Brent_Arthur
    Options
    I splurged last week and had their new (limited time) pulled pork on wheat 60" and it was very yummy! The 6" on week with no cheese and minimal condiments (lettuce and tomato) was 570 calories. Need to go tho the website to see what the flat bread version would be.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ick. I hate subway. They're so stingy with everything. I prefer to make my own deli sammiches. yum!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Subway club with veggies and a little squirt of vinegar or roast beef with veggies and vinegar!
  • LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    Co-sign on stinginess of Subway. I get portion control, but goodness...

->When in a pinch, and I can deal with bread, 6 inch turkey or chicken breast on wheat, avocado, spinach (no lettuce), tomato, onion, cucumber, and a dab of honey mustard. I avoid any of the preseasoned/preglazed stuff bc it's all sugared and salted up.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    ick. I hate subway. They're so stingy with everything. I prefer to make my own deli sammiches. yum!

There is one around me that is very stingy with everything too so we don't go to that one but the one we usually go to is pretty good.
    I would prefer making my own too.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like the oven roasted chicken sandwich on wheat with spinach (no cheese), spicy mustard, loaded with all the veggies and vinegar. Its pretty good.

Dito on this except instead of the mustard and vinegar, I put the low cal mayo packet on a 6 inch and it is only 365. I also get the flatbread since it seems to fill me up more. But it is so good, and filling. :drinker:
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Turkey but I shared a foot long with my husband yesterday.
    We got the BlackForest Ham on 9 grain wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, and onion with
    a little FF Honey Mustard. He got cheese on his half too.
    I actually found the sub listed in the database along with some other combinations from Subway
    there which was great.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I go earlier so I get a breakfast sub...the Egg (white), bacon and cheese on flatbread...since it's breakfast I don't add anything else and a 6inch is 185 calories...if i go at lunch it's usually turkey or oven roasted chicken breast with spinach and lettuce
  • laurstarks
    laurstarks Posts: 35
    Options
    i think subway is pretty gross and i try not to make a habit of going there (processed lunch meat? no thanks), but i do strangely like their tuna. i'll get it once in a blue moon on a flatbread with spinach if i'm craving it/too lazy to make dinner for myself.
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    i think subway is pretty gross and i try not to make a habit of going there (processed lunch meat? no thanks), but i do strangely like their tuna. i'll get it once in a blue moon on a flatbread with spinach if i'm craving it/too lazy to make dinner for myself.

Yeah...you have a point with the meat. If you go to their website and look at INGREDIANTS, not just nuritional information, you will see that it is treated with all sorts of crap. That said, there is a subway right across the street from the law school I go to, and when there is a big time crunch it is a better choice than many others. But yeah...it's not as healthy as meets the eye...sadly...
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I get the vegetarian without cheese (I don't like cheese on my sandwiches), on whole wheat, so that's 230 calories for the six inch. I then get every vegetable possible stuffed on there (and I mean everything), get mustard and vinegar, and call it a day. If I'm feeling really hungry, I'll get the footlong, since it's less than 500 cals for that entire thing. And those veggies make it AWESOME.