Trying to get to a size 4

Options
I'm 5'2 apple shaped and I'm trying to get to s size 4. Not sure of the weight. Does anyone know my weight goal to get to a size 4?

Replies

• cookiemonster_ashley
    cookiemonster_ashley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are both 5'6 when I was 200lbs I wore a size 18

My friend is 200 now and can fit into a 14.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't think anyone can give you a precise answer...my suggestion would be to aim for a reasonable goal weight, somewhere in the middle of your BMI range and then evaluate where you're at after that. For a point of reference, I'm 5'9", 145 pounds, and I wear a size 6 Tall. I don't know how much thinner I would need to be in order to fit a size 4. I'm extremely happy at my current weight and I love the way my clothes fit. Maybe you will feel the same way once you get close (or at) your goal weight?
  • klowieislyfe1
    klowieislyfe1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and wore a size 4 when I was 130-135 but that weight would look different on someone 5'2.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm 5.2 and a half....I was a size 0-2 at 118lbs....I'm a size 6-8 dress at 134lbs....not sure if that helps you but somewhere in that range I'd guess would be your target. I am most definitely an Apple shape too :D
  • amoonm6r
    amoonm6r Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    in general, weight does not imply size.. however exercise and muscle/fat will determine how a size 4 would fit regardless of your weight. so im guessing around 110 lbs would be a good start??
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and about 138 and wearing some size 4, some size 6. I seem to be both sizes depending on the brand.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and when I was down to 130-135 the smallest size I could wear was a size 9/10. It is crazy how body shapes/sizes can be so different.
    I'm 5'8 and wore a size 4 when I was 130-135 but that weight would look different on someone 5'2.

• kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    5' 4" here, at 132lbs I could wear a UK 10, no lower. Depends on how you carry weight (I have big thighs).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Which countries size 4 are we talking about?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 apple shaped and I'm trying to get to s size 4. Not sure of the weight. Does anyone know my weight goal to get to a size 4?

What is your current weight and size?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and a UK size 8-10 which is same as US 4 to 6 - I'm 128lbs. But I am an hour glass shape, always was even before I lost weight.
    But everyone has different builds/body types, I have friends who are the same size clothes as me/same height yet are only 110lbs. Different frames and muscle account for that.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone can give you a precise answer...my suggestion would be to aim for a reasonable goal weight, somewhere in the middle of your BMI range and then evaluate where you're at after that. For a point of reference, I'm 5'9", 145 pounds, and I wear a size 6 Tall. I don't know how much thinner I would need to be in order to fit a size 4. I'm extremely happy at my current weight and I love the way my clothes fit. Maybe you will feel the same way once you get close (or at) your goal weight?

Perfect example. I am 5'9-5'10 and also
    wear a size 6 tall. But I weigh 15 lbs more than you.
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It will vary between people. I wear a size 4 jeans/small top and I'm 5ft, 6in, current weight is around 126lbs, pear shaped.

Also you'll be a different clothing size depending on brands, which vary widely.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 135lbs and usually wear a 4. I'm pretty muscular. Before I started lifting, I wore a 4 at 125lbs. Body composition can make at least a 10lb difference...on top of sizing between brands can make a difference. Realistically, you could be 120-140 and wear 4s.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    A healthy weight range for your height would be 101-137 lbs.
    I would aim for somewhere in that range.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    A healthy weight range for your height would be 101-137 lbs.
    I would aim for somewhere in that range.

This is so crazy to me. I mean, I'm not disagreeing -- I know that is the range.

But, nearly 40 lbs?! For someone 5'2"?

I guess this makes the case about body composition, but I cannot imagine being deemed "healthy" at the high end of the range.

OP, I'm 5' and 112. (I think I have about 10 more to go.) Currently, I'm a 2 (US), but think I could do a 0 in some cases.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I will never see a size 4 ... not sure I want to though. I am 5'5" ... got down to 130 and size 8 once ... I looked like a bobble head on a stick and did not look healthy at all. Good luck though xx