• TVDMD
    TVDMD Posts: 50 Member
    janjunie wrote: »
    Well I'm a SAHM so..

7am wake up older kids for school
    7-7:30 drink coffee
    7:30 wake up toddler get him dressed
    8:00 am drive kids to school
    8:30 am - 3:00 hang out with toddler, run errands, exercise (with toddler)
    4 pm make dinner
    5 pm kids come home, eat dinner
    5-6pm help kids with homework
    6-7pm clean up
    7pm DH home, chill for a bit
    8pm toddler off to bed
    9 pm kids off to bed
    10 pm I'm off to bed......phew that was exhausting

Yess I have so many dreams for when the kids are in bed only to find myself in a deep exhausted sleep :(
  • TVDMD
    KM0692 wrote: »
    7am: wake up/shower
    8am: drink my daily iced coffee while answering e-mails (I have an online business)
    9am: breakfast
    10am-1pm: work on online orders/trip to post office
    1pm: lunch
    2pm: walk outside or ride stationary bike for an hour (depending on weather)
    3:30pm: kids home from school
    5-6pm: dinner
    7pm: relax/TV
    9pm: bed (usually go on iPad for a while in bed)
    10-11pm: lights out

Running a business from home is so beneficial, I would love to be able to take a nice midday walk
  • TVDMD
    5:15-5:30 AM: Wake up, get dressed, walk the dogs.
    6:00-6:30: Read the news, catch up on social media
    6:30-7:30: Run, resistance training
    7:30-8:30: Shower, breakfast, commute to work (walk or bus)
    8:30-11:00: Work
    11-11:45: Quick walk, eat lunch
    11:45-4:30 PM: Work
    4:30-5:00: Go home, maybe do quick shopping for dinner
    5:00-7:00: Talk to husband, watch news, clean house, walk dogs again, read, do any work projects that need attention
    7:00-8:00: Prepare and eat dinner
    8:00-9:00: Organize things for next day, read
    9:30-10:00: Go to bed

I love how you spend your 630-730am working out, how do you get the motivation? It seems at that time is when I want to do nothing the most smh
  • TVDMD
    5:30 wake up, shower & dress, eat breakfast, get kids' meals ready
    6:30-7:30 kids up, feed them and make lunches, make my lunch
    7:30-8:30 drop kids off at daycare, drive like a madwoman to work
    8:30-5 at work, I try to walk 45 minutes at lunch
    5-6 break all sorts of traffic laws driving to pick up kids and get home
    6:30-7 try to get something on the table to eat, even if it's fast-food
    7-8:30 clean up from dinner, help my 7 year old w/ reading (he's autistic), help daughter study, do laundry, etc
    8:30-9 get kids into bed
    9-9:30 finish up some chores/laudry, catch up on work emails, etc
    10-11:30 go to the gym and (no lie) do grocery shopping, plan for the next day
    11:30-12 read
    12-5:30 sleep

So, I don't get a lot of sleep and I spend almost no time w/ my husband.

That's always the worst part of trying to take care of everything in one day, something has to be sacrificed. I'm searching for that secret formula that lets me be productive, spend time with my family, workout, have me time, and sleep. Sometimes I just wanna scream :((
  • TVDMD
    sharnut751 wrote: »
    5:45 AM: Wake up, shower and get ready for work
    6:30 AM: Wake toddler (though he's usually awake) and get him dressed/fed
    7:00 AM: Commute to work
    8:00 AM-1:00 PM: Work
    1:00 PM-2:00 PM: 1.5 mile walk and then eat lunch
    2:00 PM-4:30 PM: Work
    4:30 PM-5:20ish PM: Commute home
    5:30 PM: Hang out with toddler/husband/cook dinner
    6:00 PM: Dinner, dishes, other household chores
    7:00-8:00 PM: Game time with toddler/TV
    8:00 PM: Toddler bed
    8:30 PM (or 9:00 PM): Exercise
    9:30 PM: Shower and prep lunches for next day
    10:00 PM: Bed

I love that you take a short walk midday during work hours, there's no excuse for me not to utilize the stairs more when I'm there.
  • TVDMD
    5:15am - get up and workout
    6:30-7:30am - get ready for work and make sure little man is ready for school
    7:30-8am - kid drop off and start work
    8-5pm - work (with a 1 hour lunch break where I either go home and make a nice lunch or run errands)
    5-5:30 leave work and pick up munchkin
    5:30 help with homework, pick up house/laundry/empty dishwasher, cook dinner
    7-7:30 dinner and clean up
    7:30-8:30 - family time (games, TV, general stuff)
    8:30-10pm - next day food prep, time with hubs, watch hockey
    10pm - time for sleep

schedule is very different on weekends

Weekends are the worst for me, I walk around with no direction, I really should be a bit more focused.
  • TVDMD
    katadx wrote: »
    6:00am - First alarm, catch up on social media
    6:30am - Out of bed, get ready to leave for the gym
    7:00am -8:15am Workout
    8:20am - Shower, get ready for class
    9:00am -2:00pm class, lunch
    2:00pm -4:30pm Homework/browse internet
    4:45-8:30pm Work (Kitchen job, on my feet a lot, mopping, sweeping)
    8:45pm - Dinner
    9:30pm - Bed

Can't wait for this to change once I move. I will start working out right after I'm done with work from 9-3!

How I dream of working out straight after work, for some strange reason I've begin to blame distractions on why I don't. Silly
  • TVDMD
    Get up,
    go to work,
    slay some dragons,
    go home,
    ride a bike or run,
    hip thrusts with the honey,
    sleep.

That's my kinda routine
  • TVDMD
    3:00 AM - Morning calisthenics (Jumping jacks / high knees / squats / push ups / abs)
    Put my breakfast/lunch/snack together for work. Wake up dog and take him out, play with him, feed him, cuddle him for a few minutes.
    4:30 AM - Shower
    6:00 AM - On train heading to work
    6:30 AM - At work and heading down to the fitness center
    6:45 - 8:00 AM - Lift HEAVY - body part depends upon the day of the week
    8:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Work
    11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Back to fitness center for 30 minutes of sprint intervals or other HIIT cardio. Additional core work, calves, back and if I have time any other part I want to work on like Glutes or Hams or Bi's/Tri's.
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM - Eat lunch, work, grab black coffee, work, work, work
    3:00-4:30 PM - Commute home
    4:30 - Whenever - Get dinner plated for me and my husband, feed my dog, play with him, hang out with him, chug some amino's.
    Depending upon the night of the week I have Dance on Monday nights, Muay Thai on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.
    Friday I work from home and follow the same schedule only going to my own gyms and instead of commuting to the city I take a Thai Bow class early morning and do my lifting in the afternoon.

You. Are. Superwoman.
  • TVDMD
    storyjorie wrote: »
    I have three kids and work full-time (so does my husband.) My schedule is crazy and varies, depending on whether I'm working from home or the office or traveling.

My tomorrow looks like this:
    5 am alarm
    5:30 spin class
    6:30-7:00 shower and eat breakfast
    7-7:30 get kids ready for school
    7:30-8 am drop them off
    8 am-5 pm work from home
    7 pm-Going out to dinner with kids & my mom, who is visiting
    10 pm-bed

Food wise, I eat breakfast at 6:30, a snack at 9:30, lunch at 12 (at my desk), sometimes have a snack around 2-3 pm, and dinner at 6 pm

On most weeknights I also have to deal with packing lunches and helping with homework...TGIF!

I skip breakfast EVERY morning, I just dont have an appetite, do you find it gives you more energy?
  • TVDMD
    lioness803 wrote: »
    I pretty much only workout after the kids go to bed (between 8 and 9, my kids are 4 and 1). I usually stay up til midnight for my "me time" and that's also study time during the school year because I'm a part time college student (I also work part time) Sometimes I manage to after dinner time if my husband can wrangle the kids by himself for a little while (he always tries, its not that he's not willing, but my 1 year old is extremely attached to me, and if I'm in the house pretty much wants to cling to me and only me).

Yes, I definitely have to sacrifice sleep. I'm thinking of having up nights and down nights. Nap on Sundays. I'll see how that works out.
  • TVDMD
    Alidecker wrote: »
    6:00 AM - Wake up, shower, take dog out for a little while, get lunch together
    7:15AM- 5:00PM - commute and work
    5:00-6:00PM (or 7:00PM) - do whatever workout I have planned for the day (lift weights or 9Rounds or walk at the park)
    Walk the dog when I get home (unless I went to the park, then he goes with me)
    7:00PM - prep and eat dinner
    7:30-8:30PM - laundry, clean, TV on listening to whatever is on
    8:30-9:30PM - lay on the couch, internet, watch TV, see of there is anything on the DVR I want to watch
    9:30PM - walk the dog again, not as long though
    10:00PM - figure out what I am wearing the next day and pack my gym bag with clothes

next day repeat, unless I decide I want to swim, then I have to be out of bed at 4:50AM. Then I have more time to lay on the couch at night, or go to dinner with friends, or a movie or a sporting event or whatever.

It's pretty easy for me with no kids.

Hell everything is easier with no kids lol
  • TVDMD
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I get up every morning around 5:45 to walk the dog. She's old, so it's usually only about 1/2 - 1 mile depending on how she's feeling.

From there, every day is different. My wife and I are both into fitness, so we share and trade off a lot of home economic stuff.

Monday is the easiest because other than walking my dog, it's a rest day...if I'm so inclined and things are going smoothly on the home front I might go for an easy 30 minute ride when I get home from work. I'm on dinner duty on Monday though.

Tuesdays are busy but it's one of two days that I don't have a commute so I'm in charge of taking the kids to school and picking them up. Since I work close to home (about 10 minutes) on Tuesdays, I go home at lunch and do a quick 30 minute sprint interval session on my bike. I pick up the boys from school and take them to their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class; I have my BJJ class right after their class so my wife comes to pick them up and take them home. Wife is on dinner duty on Tuesdays.

Wednesday is my dog's rest day so instead of walking her I go for a 12 mile ride...it takes me 40-45 minutes depending on my tempo. I have a 1 hour each way commute on Wednesday so I arranged with my employer to work through lunch so I can leave at 4 and head to the gym to lift. I get home just after 6 usually from the gym...kids have already been fed and whatnot, so I play with them a little and then get dinner going for my wife and I.

Thursday I have the same arrangement with my employer to work through lunch and leave at 4...this gets me home around 5 and I go ride my 12 miles. I'm on dinner duty. I walk the dog in the AM.

Friday I check to see if my dog is up for a walk...if she is, we walk...if not, I go ride 12 miles. I have no commute on Friday and the office is close to my gym so I go lift at lunch. I pick the kids up from school and we usually swing by our favorite local pizzeria to pick up some pizza. If I didn't get my ride in the morning, I usually take it when I get home.

Saturday - Get some coffee and take the dog out...take kids to BJJ...my BJJ class is right after there's. We usually go do something fun as a family in the afternoon...little family bike ride, hike in the mountains, rock climbing gym, go to the park, etc.

Sunday - 20-30 mile ride sometime mid morning usually. Usually chore day around the house and yard.

This is something that is ever evolving...things happen and I have to be flexible...sometimes I don't get it all in but most of the time I do, even if that means I just have to re-arrange some of my timing on things.

It would seem that you have some time between 7:30 and 10:00 to get some fitness in...it doesn't have to be crazy...just do something for 30-60 minutes.

You are absolutely right, I have about 3 1/2 hrs a day to change my life. I need to use them wisely. 30 min a day would be the perfect 1st step.
  • TVDMD
    My kids do an online school program, through a local public school district, and every day is different. What my schedule looks like today-

up at 6:30: get dressed, online time +coffee
    7:30: out the door and get oldest dd dropped off to orchestra practice
    8 to 8:45: sit in my car reading while 2 younger kids play at a park
    8:45: pick up dd from orchestra, head to a different park and sit in van reading some more while all 3 kids chase ducks around lol
    10: orthodontist appointments for 2 kids
    11: stop at the in-laws and take care of their chickens for them
    11:45: home and meal #1 (2 slices sprouted grains bread, toasted, with a fried egg, triangle of light cheese spread, bacon pieces and tomato, served with Harvest Snaps snapea crisps)
    Noon-now: finished book, check in MFP and next up- doing weekly budget stuff
    1pm: change focus and work with kids and their schooling until 4pm (second cup of coffee during this time)
    4-6ish: prep family's supper/housework/family eats
    6ish: eat meal #2 (salmon, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus and a large salad)
    6:30: help husband with our house renovation project
    10pm: lights out, early morning tomorrow chaperoning a field trip

I love how organized and fulfilling your routine is.
  • TVDMD
    7:30am - get up and ready for work
    8:30-5pm - work at desk job
    5:30-6pm - work out in apartment gym on stationary bike
    6pm-7pm - hang out at the pool
    7:15pm take shower
    7:30pm - make and eat dinner
    8pm - hang out with husband, household chores, surf internet, watch tv, etc
    10pm is usually bedtime depending on the day

Weekends consist of getting up usually by 8am Saturday morning, showering, figuring out which beach to hit, bring lunch, hang out on beach while husband fishes, go home, have dinner, repeat on Sunday!

Ugghh desk job. My nemesis and why we're having this conversation smh
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    No husband, no kids, 1 dog, regular 8 hour job with flex hours.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    m0n3ym0nt3 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I get up every morning around 5:45 to walk the dog. She's old, so it's usually only about 1/2 - 1 mile depending on how she's feeling.

From there, every day is different. My wife and I are both into fitness, so we share and trade off a lot of home economic stuff.

Monday is the easiest because other than walking my dog, it's a rest day...if I'm so inclined and things are going smoothly on the home front I might go for an easy 30 minute ride when I get home from work. I'm on dinner duty on Monday though.

Tuesdays are busy but it's one of two days that I don't have a commute so I'm in charge of taking the kids to school and picking them up. Since I work close to home (about 10 minutes) on Tuesdays, I go home at lunch and do a quick 30 minute sprint interval session on my bike. I pick up the boys from school and take them to their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class; I have my BJJ class right after their class so my wife comes to pick them up and take them home. Wife is on dinner duty on Tuesdays.

Wednesday is my dog's rest day so instead of walking her I go for a 12 mile ride...it takes me 40-45 minutes depending on my tempo. I have a 1 hour each way commute on Wednesday so I arranged with my employer to work through lunch so I can leave at 4 and head to the gym to lift. I get home just after 6 usually from the gym...kids have already been fed and whatnot, so I play with them a little and then get dinner going for my wife and I.

Thursday I have the same arrangement with my employer to work through lunch and leave at 4...this gets me home around 5 and I go ride my 12 miles. I'm on dinner duty. I walk the dog in the AM.

Friday I check to see if my dog is up for a walk...if she is, we walk...if not, I go ride 12 miles. I have no commute on Friday and the office is close to my gym so I go lift at lunch. I pick the kids up from school and we usually swing by our favorite local pizzeria to pick up some pizza. If I didn't get my ride in the morning, I usually take it when I get home.

Saturday - Get some coffee and take the dog out...take kids to BJJ...my BJJ class is right after there's. We usually go do something fun as a family in the afternoon...little family bike ride, hike in the mountains, rock climbing gym, go to the park, etc.

Sunday - 20-30 mile ride sometime mid morning usually. Usually chore day around the house and yard.

This is something that is ever evolving...things happen and I have to be flexible...sometimes I don't get it all in but most of the time I do, even if that means I just have to re-arrange some of my timing on things.

It would seem that you have some time between 7:30 and 10:00 to get some fitness in...it doesn't have to be crazy...just do something for 30-60 minutes.

You are absolutely right, I have about 3 1/2 hrs a day to change my life. I need to use them wisely. 30 min a day would be the perfect 1st step.

When I started all of this 4.5 years ago, I really didn't have the fitness capacity to do much more than walk...I started with 30 minutes per day 3x per week...then 5...then upped the time...then started a C25k program...then started lifting...then re-discovered my bike and became an avid cycling enthusiast.

None of this was overnight...this all evolved over months and now years.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    It wouldn't be relevant to post my daily routine, but I'll say this: I have a workout room at home and work out the second I get home from work. I consider it part of my workday.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    m0n3ym0nt3 wrote: »
    storyjorie wrote: »
    I have three kids and work full-time (so does my husband.) My schedule is crazy and varies, depending on whether I'm working from home or the office or traveling.

My tomorrow looks like this:
    5 am alarm
    5:30 spin class
    6:30-7:00 shower and eat breakfast
    7-7:30 get kids ready for school
    7:30-8 am drop them off
    8 am-5 pm work from home
    7 pm-Going out to dinner with kids & my mom, who is visiting
    10 pm-bed

Food wise, I eat breakfast at 6:30, a snack at 9:30, lunch at 12 (at my desk), sometimes have a snack around 2-3 pm, and dinner at 6 pm

On most weeknights I also have to deal with packing lunches and helping with homework...TGIF!

I skip breakfast EVERY morning, I just dont have an appetite, do you find it gives you more energy?

OMG could not function without breakfast--I am always starving in the morning and my appetite is much lighter at night!