Options
    grilled chicken with BBQ sauce
    baked asparagus
    baked potatoes with garlic and onion

DELISH!
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    seasoned cod fillet with grilled veggies from the garden! I love fresh veggies in the summer!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza (zucchini, tomato, yellow squash, spinach, mushrooms) with ricotta/tomato sauce with whole wheat pizza crust. It's Meatless Monday. :)
  • lindsayrobinson
    Options
    :happy: Hey I need help! need to learn how to cook healthy! any suggestions or recipes would be greatly appreciated!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Chicken and guacamole tacos! With a side of rice. :)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM guacamole!!! That is one of my fave foods that no one else in the house eats. SO I DON'T HAVE TO SHARE! :tongue:

Tonight is a mexican deer burrito. Its a variation of mexican crockpot chicken, but I used deer tenderloin instead. Roll it in a taco shell, cover with a sprinkle of cheese, ff sour cream, lettuce and chopped tomatoes. I add jalapenos to mine and the kids it i mild.

luckily my kids eat must about anything.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am entertaining having some pasta but I will most likely have fish or chicken with brown rice and mushrooms. Not too fancy.
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat couscous, red bell pepper, avocado, tomato, zucchini, splash of balsamic and of olive oil...
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Black bean loaf, sweet potatoes, and peas!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Tonight is 'Salad Night' but that doesn't mean we're skimping on flavor. Between the nuts, cheese, and fruit, this salad is very well balanced, not to mention gorgeous to look at.

Raspberry, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Salad
    Baby spinach
    Goat cheese crumbles (feta works well too)
    Toasted almonds or pecans
    Raspberries (normally strawberries but none looked good in the store)
    Thinly sliced red onion
    Store-bought Lite raspberry walnut vinaigrette (look for ken's steakhouse or newman's own versions)
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Im excited to get back into the swing of things and start cooking more healthy and satisfying meals (you guys would die over if I told you how my eating habits have been lately... Even my 5 yr old has noticed. "Mommy where's the vegetables?" I know, I know.. it was terrible.. -_- ) That was a wake up call for sure.. If my 5 yr old cares enough about eating the right things, then should I! Sooo tonight for dinner were having...

Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic & Basil Grilled Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken Breast in an Apricot sauce

I dont know how my daughter will like the asparagus tho, so any feed back and/or suggestions from you guys' experiences with your children would be great!

Im sooooo amp'd to try it!! :happy:

That sounds delicious! I love everything on your plate!
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    steamed broccoli, carrot, potato, peas, sweetcorn and red pepper - all smothered in a cheese sauce :)
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Taco salad! I don't need the chips or sour cream, just baked beans for the sauciness! Yumm - actually I just had it for lunch and made too much so it will be my dinner. Everyone else here at my house, can find some leftovers in the fridge.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    low fat crockpot chicken (string beans,carrots,rice,chicken breast,cream of mushroom and cream of celery 4 hours cook)
    desert....sugar free low fat orange cream cake w/cheese cake whip frosting !!! (just a sf cake mix and 12 oz of diet orange soda)( frosting fatfree cool and half box of sugar free,fat free cheese cake pudding mix folded in) !!!
    immmm sooooooooooo getting into this lowfat low sugar recipies!!! never thought id love veggies as much as i do !!! took 43 years 2 figure that out !!! lol
  • walking02
    walking02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Wing Macaroni & Cheese got the recipe from Hungry Girl Cook Book page 186
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

I dont know how my daughter will like the asparagus tho, so any feed back and/or suggestions from you guys' experiences with your children would be great!

Im sooooo amp'd to try it!! :happy:

I would suggest offering along side something you know she likes, even if it is only two bites of the favorite item. Also, pairing new foods with something sweet often creates a pleasant association for the mouth/child, and helps. We used to have the '1, 2, 3, no thank you rule' at our house...after three bites you didn't have to eat anymore if you still didn't like it. If she doesn't like it this time, offer it again next time you have it. It can take up to 7 introductions of a new food for someone to acquire a taste for something (I think it is about 7!)
    Your dinner sounds awesome!
    We are having home made meatballs and sauce that were in the freezer from last time we made a big batch. I am going to make a nice salad with feta and balsamic dressing to go with it.
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    tonight i had: Prawn, pea and tomato curry with wholegrain basmati rice from the bbc good food magazine - massive portion too!
  • jenniferp04
    jenniferp04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken taco salad! 335 cals!

Red leaf lettuce
    Light sour cream
    Salsa
    Shredded grilled chicken
    Diced tomato
    Santa Fe Tortilla Strips
    Black Beans

Mmmmmm.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Stirfried loads of veg - red, green and yellow pepper, onion and chinese leaves. Added some raw prawns, ready to wok noodles, and oyster/ spring onion sauce. Served topped with some slivers of sushi pickled ginger.

Other half requested that we have this again please!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash!
    I am a crazed lunatic about spaghetti & pasta.
    With spaghetti squash I can have some of the dishes I love with a fraction of the calories!

Topped with a tomato, garlicy mixture & boca meatless ground meat.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Was having turkey chili, but think I just burnt it!

:laugh: