Losing weight in my thighs, after math of fast weight reduction? Need help

Options
saifxxx
saifxxx Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I started dieting january of this year. I lost a good amout weight in a good amount of time (125-101.5) kg's. I lost 20 kg's in the first month and a half, then stopped, maintained a weight of (105-106)kg's for another two monthes and am currently losing weight and my weight is 101.5kg's. Idk whether what am doing ia good or bad, because my diet is basically eating 500-800cal a day (whatever food) not based on their nutional value and walking to burn at least the same amout of food i have eatin.

And i have 2 questions:

Am i doing things in a wrong way ? And if so what is the after math?

My waist is 38cm's but my thighs are really big, any tips for burning the fats at my thighs?

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In answer to your first question... Unless under supervision by a doctor, your calories are way, way too low. You didn't give us your other stats such as height or whether you're male or female, regardless, you should at least be eating 1200 calories and eating back around 50% of calories you burn from exercise. You are risking your general overall health by eating so little and possibly heading to the other extreme of eating which is anorexic. It's not healthy for your mind or body. Our bodies need fuel. You should use MFP's calculator to get a starting point on how much weight you want to lose and choosing to be aggressive at -2 pounds a week or less aggressive by choosing -.5 to 1.5 a week.

As for fat, you cannot spot reduce fat. You could squat like a champ and build a butt ton of muscle--though because you're in a severe, severe deficit the chances you will build muscle are next to nil--but it wouldn't matter. The fat will come off wherever it will come off, and that means fingers, toes, wrists, neck, face, etc.

Please eat more, that's the most important thing you can do right now.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    38 cm is 15 inches. How old are you?

What you are doing is unsafe. Please tell someone about it and see a professional.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    38 cm is 15 inches. How old are you?

What you are doing is unsafe. Please tell someone about it and see a professional.

I think he is talking about pant size.

OP what you are doing is extremely unhealthy. You are eating only 1/3 of the minimum recommended for a male. Please reconsider.
  • saifxxx
    Options
    Am 21 years old male and my goal 87kg's since my hight is 187cm. And yes 38cm's is 15 inches.
  • saifxxx
    Options
    I don't really care about building or having mucles now. The only thing that i want is to lose weight.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    saifxxx wrote: »
    I don't really care about building or having mucles now. The only thing that i want is to lose weight.

Regardless of your muscle goals, the amount you are eating is lower than a 1 year old baby. That's not enough to sustain a man and would lead to several health problems not limited to vitamin deficiencies.

As a side note, if your goal is to reduce your thigh fat, the best way to do that would be to CARE about muscle. Without a good muscle mass you will have more fat than muscle regardless of your weight, so you need to choose between looking the way you want to look and having a low number on the scale quickly.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hang on, your waist is 15 inches? Even when I was at the low end of BMI, my waist was still 24 in.

What you are doing is harmful. You are not feeding your body what it needs. If you aren't concerned about your muscles (which you are trashing, by eating so little), you also risk losing your hair and your libido. There are also lifelong health complications you are placing yourself at risk for developing. Seriously reconsider your approach.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about building or having mucles now.

Your heart is a muscle.

You will care quite a lot if you stop having that.
  • saifxxx
    Options

Regardless of your muscle goals, the amount you are eating is lower than a 1 year old baby. That's not enough to sustain a man and would lead to several health problems not limited to vitamin deficiencies.

As a side note, if your goal is to reduce your thigh fat, the best way to do that would be to CARE about muscle. Without a good muscle mass you will have more fat than muscle regardless of your weight, so you need to choose between looking the way you want to look and having a low number on the scale quickly.

I will do my best to read and learn more about the muscles because am still a beginner in all of this. Thank you for the tips, i will be posting a new fourm asking for help for my thigh.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wait you lost FORTY-FOUR pounds in six weeks?

That's dangerously fast. Please take the advice of others here.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I think OP may mean a 38 inch waist.
  • saifxxx
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »

No, my pants waist is 38cm =15 inches.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You've lost a lot of weight at an unhealthy rate honestly. I'll be honest one of the things that occurs from losing weight so fast are stretch marks and loose skin. I would reccomend you STOP losing weight and seek health from a health professional. If you're serious a 15 inch waist line is also unhealthy.

I would actually reccomend you work with your doctor on the next steps. You're under-eating and your not nourishing your body right you can lead yourself down a path which will only get you more and more sick.

Good luck!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    6'1 with a waist of 15inches? Something doesn't add up there or you've done something terrible.

500-800cals is stupidly low. You need to be on 1500 AT LEAST and even then your body will probably still cannibalise healthy muscle (maybe including the heart). Your body will take from the first source it can find, not necessarily fat, because you're giving it nothing to work with. You need a serious attitude adjustment if you're doing all of this to have smaller thighs. Nothing you're doing is healthy. Eat a good amount of calories, sustain/build your muscle to lose fat and have realistic expectations of what your body could look like.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    I'm willing to bet he is talking about pant size and has something mixed up. No human at that weight has a 15 inch waist.

This is what a 15 inch waist looks like:
    a98751_waist_2-cathie-jung.jpg

So just overlook that one discrepancy and let's focus on the fact that he needs to eat more, way more.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    The only way a 38cm/15 inch waist is even theoretically possible on a 73 inch man is if the pants are actually measured in half waist... in other words a 30 inch pair of pants measures 15 inches across, but even with a 30 inch waist at 73 inches that's fairly lean across the hips
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »

No, my pants waist is 38cm =15 inches.

Not buying this. At all. Couldn't be that small even at half your goal weight. None of what you posted makes any sense at all.

I also am not buying that you lost approximately 40 pounds in 1 month. (10 pounds per week is 35,000 calorie deficit, or -5000 per day). [EDIT - sorry, misread - was a month and a half. But the point still stands. Let's say it is 6 weeks instead of 4. Then we are looking at 7 pounds per week, which is 24,500 per week, or a deficit of 3500 per day. Still not likely. You would not be able to fuel that activity eating so little]

Can't. be. true.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.