Eating 5 - 6 times / day... but can barely hit anywhere near 1200 calories.

Options

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Your rate of loss is fine (averaging 1.25 lb/week is a safe, good rate of loss).
    Try some roasted veggies to expand your palate - it makes them sweeter and less bitter.
    I'd add something to your lunch - a V8, a glass of milk or chocolate milk.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Wont last long.

And how do you know? OP's diary looks similar to how I eat (I have gastroparesis). It's very difficult to eat adequate amounts with gastric issues. God forbid you experience it (inb4 you say you have lol).
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    have some nuts - nice and calorie dense
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    CharlieBeansmomTracey, thanks for the insight. I will be more diligent on how I enter my foods. I actually like to weigh everything, so I doubt I am actually eating more than I think. I do think, however, I am going to go without the energy drinks, but I can't give up caffeine completely.

And there aren't a lot of veggies I like and the fruits that I do like are limited. I am going to get sick of eating cauliflower and green beans all the time.

And I need to keep my carbs and sugar down as I have reactive hypoglycemia... which is also why I eat frequently. I'm not on a keto diet, although it almost seems like I am some days. LOL

you dont have to give up all caffeine. you would end up with a headache from withdrawal most likely. but yeah just cut down on the energy drinks,also what is that go thin supplement? I tried looking it up and cant find it or anything about it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Could you tolerate some extra fat? (I'm not sure what restrictions you may have, if any, 10 years post-op). It might be as easy as adding a little extra oil to your dinners instead of using cooking spray. Also, are you drinking a pre-made protein shake or mixing it yourself? You might add some extra whole milk or half-and-half (or even heavy cream) to boost the calories a little bit there without adding volume.
  • spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

you dont have to give up all caffeine. you would end up with a headache from withdrawal most likely. but yeah just cut down on the energy drinks,also what is that go thin supplement? I tried looking it up and cant find it or anything about it.

It's a supplement from 310 Nutrition mostly with raspberry ketones, green coffee extract, and garcinia cambogia. I have lousy metabolism.

• spydergirl47
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Could you tolerate some extra fat? (I'm not sure what restrictions you may have, if any, 10 years post-op). It might be as easy as adding a little extra oil to your dinners instead of using cooking spray. Also, are you drinking a pre-made protein shake or mixing it yourself? You might add some extra whole milk or half-and-half (or even heavy cream) to boost the calories a little bit there without adding volume.

I use coconut and olive oil quite a bit actually. And I do use half and half in my coffee. My shake is homemade using Vega plant based protein powder as the base. I measure each item that goes into it carefully and have the exact same quantity each time. It's quite delicious and filling.
  • spydergirl47
    Options
    have some nuts - nice and calorie dense

I do occasionally.... And natural peanut butter.
  • AliceDark
    Options

I use coconut and olive oil quite a bit actually. And I do use half and half in my coffee. My shake is homemade using Vega plant based protein powder as the base. I measure each item that goes into it carefully and have the exact same quantity each time. It's quite delicious and filling.

I wasn't questioning your logging; I was more thinking that those would be places to up your calorie intake without adding extra volume that would make you feel more full.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited May 2017
    Options

It's a supplement from 310 Nutrition mostly with raspberry ketones, green coffee extract, and garcinia cambogia. I have lousy metabolism.

these things do NOTHING for metabolism, but they will sometimes suppress appetite so I would get rid of them. you dont need them.green coffee extract is caffeine. the rest is just bullcrap in a pill with no scientifically proven benefits.to boost metabolism some you can either build muscle or exercise will boost it temporarily. no pill or food can do it at least not over the counter anyway.
  • spydergirl47
    Options
    I wasn't questioning your logging; I was more thinking that those would be places to up your calorie intake without adding extra volume that would make you feel more full.

Feeling full definitely isn't an issue. I'll look into adding more of these oils into other meals. Thanks.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Feeling full definitely isn't an issue. I'll look into adding more of these oils into other meals. Thanks.

you are feeling more full because of those go thin pills and the caffeine.all appetite suppressants. I would still get some caffeine in but the rest I would get rid of and see in a few weeks how you feel.
  • AliceDark
    Options

I'm confused then...if feeling full isn't the issue, why can't you eat more than 1000-1100 calories?
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

I'm confused then...if feeling full isn't the issue, why can't you eat more than 1000-1100 calories?

Um, yes. I'm also confused. If your issue isn't that you're "too full" to eat more, then just... eat more. You don't need to eat 1000 calories to lose weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

possibly what I posted above is the issue
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You are usually quite a bit under your fat goal. If you meet that goal, your calories will likely be where they need to be.
  • spydergirl47
    Options
    I'm confused then...if feeling full isn't the issue, why can't you eat more than 1000-1100 calories? [/quote]
    annacole94 wrote: »

Um, yes. I'm also confused. If your issue isn't that you're "too full" to eat more, then just... eat more. You don't need to eat 1000 calories to lose weight.

My problem is that I'm too full or not hungry enough to eat more. I do realize that my gastric bypass restricts how much I can eat at once, but I'm concerned I'm not getting the calories I need. I want to consume more calories, but I want it to be the right kind so that I can still lose weight.
  • spydergirl47
    Options
    You are usually quite a bit under your fat goal. If you meet that goal, your calories will likely be where they need to be.

I'm going to work on that. :)
  • spydergirl47
    Options
    you are feeling more full because of those go thin pills and the caffeine.all appetite suppressants. I would still get some caffeine in but the rest I would get rid of and see in a few weeks how you feel.

I will eliminate them. I just wish my metabolism would cooperate.