Eating 5 - 6 times / day... but can barely hit anywhere near 1200 calories.

Options
13»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you are feeling more full because of those go thin pills and the caffeine.all appetite suppressants. I would still get some caffeine in but the rest I would get rid of and see in a few weeks how you feel.

I will eliminate them. I just wish my metabolism would cooperate.

have it tested if you can afford it and see where your BMR is at. if you are losing your metabolism is working just fine. since you had WLS it could be that maybe you have some digestive issues? some of us lose weight slower than others.I lose at a snails pace literally but I have a metabolic disorder so I have to eat less than what MFP gives me. Im not recommending to do that at all. losing slow is better. if you have 25 lbs then you are losing about 1lb a week(give or take). which means if that is all you are losing at that low of calories then your maintenance calories are not that high(about 1500-1600). I would try for 1300 calories,you will get a slower rate of loss(around 1/2 a lb per week). but with so little to lose its going to take awhile anyway.once you get rid of some of those other things you may see that you are able to eat more than you are now.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    since you had the surgery I would really recommend talking with your doctor. Don't they do follow ups?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    since you had the surgery I would really recommend talking with your doctor. Don't they do follow ups?

after 10 years? I doubt it. but maybe
  • spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »

after 10 years? I doubt it. but maybe

HAHA! No. It's usually only for the first 2 - 3 years. I'm more than 10 years out.
  • spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you are feeling more full because of those go thin pills and the caffeine.all appetite suppressants. I would still get some caffeine in but the rest I would get rid of and see in a few weeks how you feel.

have it tested if you can afford it and see where your BMR is at. if you are losing your metabolism is working just fine. since you had WLS it could be that maybe you have some digestive issues? some of us lose weight slower than others.I lose at a snails pace literally but I have a metabolic disorder so I have to eat less than what MFP gives me. Im not recommending to do that at all. losing slow is better. if you have 25 lbs then you are losing about 1lb a week(give or take). which means if that is all you are losing at that low of calories then your maintenance calories are not that high(about 1500-1600). I would try for 1300 calories,you will get a slower rate of loss(around 1/2 a lb per week). but with so little to lose its going to take awhile anyway.once you get rid of some of those other things you may see that you are able to eat more than you are now.

I have had metabolism issues all my life which is how I ended up at 290 pounds to begin with. So yes, I have been tested numerous times. I lost my first 5 pounds in the first 20 days, and nothing since... so that was of course all water weight. I am going to see about beefing up my shakes, but I really got to be careful about the carbs and sugar which is why I don't do a lot of fruit. I will cut back the energy drinks to less than a few a month (I do like the taste of them), and maybe add in some more fats. I am definitely not bored with my current meal plan and it's easy for me to prep, grab, and go.

Thank you for all your feedback. I really appreciate it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I have had metabolism issues all my life which is how I ended up at 290 pounds to begin with. So yes, I have been tested numerous times. I lost my first 5 pounds in the first 20 days, and nothing since... so that was of course all water weight. I am going to see about beefing up my shakes, but I really got to be careful about the carbs and sugar which is why I don't do a lot of fruit. I will cut back the energy drinks to less than a few a month (I do like the taste of them), and maybe add in some more fats. I am definitely not bored with my current meal plan and it's easy for me to prep, grab, and go.

Thank you for all your feedback. I really appreciate it.

I know how you feel I have a metabolic disorder and losing weight has been a nightmare. there have been times I went 6+ months without losing anything and them lose a little over a lb(rinse and repeat). took me 3+ years to lose a total of 45 lbs. I cant eat really low calories as my body needs more calories, I get sluggish and lethargic eating too little. if you want to do protein shakes find ones with low sugar and carbs,plant based(hemp,pea,etc) may be lower than say whey protein powders.for me I have to eat low fat due to my health issue. but yeah it makes it hard when you have to watch how you eat.Id rather eat enough calories and lose slowly than to be hungry all the time and want to eat the house lol