Does anyone have any low carbs and fats vegan recipes

Options
lillylou8888
lillylou8888 Posts: 1 Member
Hi I just started using my app again and looking for some high protein low fat and carbs vegan recipes

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Seitan?

Going low fat and low carbohydrate can be challenging and it's even harder since you're eliminating most vegan sources of protein with those guidelines.
  • xoxasma
    xoxasma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you're eating low carb then you can eat higher healthy fats. I'm not sure why you'd want to go low on both.
  • MaKaylaWest96
    MaKaylaWest96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You want to eat lots of nuts, coconut milk and cream, and avocado!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Chicken, beef, pork, eggs.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Fat is essential for nutrient absorption and hormone balance. You probably don't want to go too low.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »

The OP specified vegan

Like other said, it's going to be difficult to do low carb and fat at once.
  • JaydenLindsey420
    JaydenLindsey420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't cut both the fats and the carbs!!! Trade one for another if you absolutely have to. Being on a vegan diet is limiting enough as it is. You are just going to deprive yourself of necessary nutrients.
  • omgninjanator
    omgninjanator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day and it's delicious. http://ohsheglows.com/2012/11/07/spiced-red-lentil-tomato-and-kale-soup/ (around 350 calories per serving)
  • PaigeJMP
    PaigeJMP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »

The poster clearly stated 'vegan'. If you think this is funny, you are wrong.
  • LostSun8
    LostSun8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Since a vegan diet is generally going to be protein challenged, once you start looking to make it low carb and low fat as well, well essentially you are just seeking to live off of water and a multivitamin, maybe with some artificial sweetener to cheer yourself up as you wither away.
  • LostSun8
    LostSun8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, I guess Vodka, Tequila, Whiskey etc might be vegan and low carb and low fat, so there's that option, too.
  • poorankapoor
    poorankapoor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @omgninjanator thanks a lot for the lentil recipe ! I am a vegan and would appreciate some easy to make low carb recipes !