5'6 females: what do you consider to be a healthy weight, and what is your personal goal weight?

Options

Replies

• vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7" and I'm currently about 128lbs. I would be fine at this weight with a lower bodyfat. I'm somewhere around 25%.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and aiming for 148lbs which would at least put me in a healthy range at which point I can assess what would be a good goal weight. I've always thought 130 would be ideal. In the end its not the scale number I'm after just a much healthier lifestyle and a strong healthy body.

Have you been to mybodygallery.com ? It's very interesting to see the variation in body shapes. Sadly, I realized what I consider thin is actually underweight.

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    cppeace wrote: »
    at 5'7" my goal is 155lb.the lowest I've ever been is 206 and people already said if I lost another 60 I'd been nothing but bones lol

I get the feeling that you and I are a lot alike. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be under 155 at 5'7. I got down to 168 once, and was a size 10, 155 would probably be an 8. I see these other women with goal weights 25-30 pounds under mine and it sorta blows my mind that it's even possible to be that small!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 150. I was that weight when I graduated HS. I am 42 now and weigh 175 down from 256.
  • Mistywolf3000
    Mistywolf3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 165 right now with a goal of 130. And 5'6/5'7. Healthy weight is normal BMI for me.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    5'6", feel best around 120-123. Currently 127, took a year to lose 3lb from 130. Urgh.
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    60 kgs
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I think once you're in a healthy range you should probably go more by body composition than a scale weight. As you can see they're all over the place. I'm perfectly comfortable being 160 but others at the same height would probably cringe lol. 25%bf is where I'm comfortable :)
  • Lexikat21
    Lexikat21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'5" and currently 147. I look best 130-135. I have too much fat currently.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and 52 (menopausal). My happiest weight is 130-135. My goal with menopause was to stay and be under 140. So I'm fine under 140 these days
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think once you're in a healthy range you should probably go more by body composition than a scale weight. As you can see they're all over the place. I'm perfectly comfortable being 160 but others at the same height would probably cringe lol. 25%bf is where I'm comfortable :)

No one is obligated to be at the top of the normal BMI range if they prefer to be closer to the bottom of it. I prefer for myself to be a bit lower than the midpoint, and definitely am not interested in being at the top end regardless of composition.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 146-147 now. Want to go down to 140-143.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

No one is obligated to be at the top of the normal BMI range if they prefer to be closer to the bottom of it. I prefer for myself to be a bit lower than the midpoint, and definitely am not interested in being at the top end regardless of composition.

No one is obligated to be in it at all, just pointing out that scale weight isn't the be all end all way to select your goal once you're close to it.

Your use of "should" indicated to me that you think it is preferable for everyone to be at the top of the normal BMI range than to have a goal that is at the lower end. Perhaps "could" would be more accurate?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I would imagine my current goal weight is around 130-132, but it is really a guess because at this point I am more interested in body comp vs scale weight.

My ultimate goal would be to be around 17-18% bodyfat and 140lbs. Maybe in a few more bulk cycles
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    5'6 here, aiming for 140lbs = BMI 22.5. Saying that I haven't been that weight since my late teens, now 45, so will play it by ear from 147lbs. Still got a lot of fat over stomach though legs and upper body are much slimmer. Hoping to start recomp once I hit goal.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It's all individual and depends on mass, body fat %, bone density, etc. Everyone will have different goals and ideal weights, even those at the same gender and height. I'm 5'6 and started in 2013 at 187, went down to 115, then bulked to 130-135, then recomped for a while (staying between 133-135). After that, I bulked to 145 and am cutting back down to 120-125. Am currently at 138.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I weighed 115lb at my smallest and 180lb at my largest. I feel the best at 125-135 because it is a weight that I can maintain with the least amount of effort. Right now I'm maintaining at 133 and about 25% body fat (I'd like to reduce my BF to about 23%).
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

No one is obligated to be in it at all, just pointing out that scale weight isn't the be all end all way to select your goal once you're close to it.

Your use of "should" indicated to me that you think it is preferable for everyone to be at the top of the normal BMI range than to have a goal that is at the lower end. Perhaps "could" would be more accurate?

Maybe we could split hairs further and amend my op to say "should consider"