1 litre of water first thing in the morning

Replies

• whiskeyyfitness
    whiskeyyfitness Posts: 33 Member
    I just drink 8oz of water first thing, then drink 8oz warm water with 2 tablespoons of ACV,1tablespoon lemon, and 1/2 tablespoon honey (to mask the ACV taste.) DRINK that 30 min prior to first meal and last meal of the day. Helps with metabolism and also cleanses the body of nasty stuff.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    I don't like the taste of water first thing in the morning .... unless there is rum in it to kill the morning breath
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    David Wolfe is the last person you want to be listening to.

David Wolfe who thinks gravity if toxic and solar panels are draining the sun? I wouldn't trust a word from his mouth.
    CiAWiz3WwAAZzV1.jpg

F.FFFFFFFFFFF!

I just got dumber seeing that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Man ... I'd vomit!

Me, too.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I just drink 8oz of water first thing, then drink 8oz warm water with 2 tablespoons of ACV,1tablespoon lemon, and 1/2 tablespoon honey (to mask the ACV taste.) DRINK that 30 min prior to first meal and last meal of the day. Helps with metabolism and also cleanses the body of nasty stuff.
    It does absolutely none of those things.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member

All that will do is hydrate you.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member

There's no scientific evidence to suggest that vinegar "helps with metabolism" and "cleanses body of nasty stuff".

Are you counting the honey calories?

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    I drink 2 12-oz glasses of water in the morning because (1) I need to take my thyroid meds, and (2) I like it. While my system functions poorly (not gonna go into details 'cos TMI) if I don't drink enough water, the good-ish quantity in the AM doesn't cause any kind of dramatic returns. Starts my day off right, though. ;)
  • Erik_ss
    Erik_ss Posts: 94 Member
    I noticed an improvement.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Drink 8 oz. water before you go to bed. This seems counter productive, because you will be making an argument about mid-sleep bathroom trips, but when you sleep you are exhaling moisture and it keeps you from getting too dry, thus keeping your body from trying to retain water. When you wake up have another glass as you start your day.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Water today is like the kale of yesterday.

I loathe water and like Kale... I fear I may not be human.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    I've been drinking 3-4 bottles of water right out of bed for a while but can't say it would boost metabolism. It does help to suppress hunger. Lost 24 pounds in 56 days with calorie deficit, water usage, HIIT and avoiding processed junk. Wouldn't go as far as to give the water all the credit but its part of my plan. As far as a cleanse goes go to your nearest Mcdonalds and drink anything milk based after 10pm: Guaranteed clean out.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

*sigh* I had such high hopes for you... It's okay if you're not human, but kale????
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

*sigh* I had such high hopes for you... It's okay if you're not human, but kale????

LOL. Does it help that it does need to be cooked? I mean, I don't just go yanking it out of the ground and gnawing on it. *snicker*