new here; and looking for others in their 40's :) :)

Options
wow, my body feels like a stranger to me these days. i will be honest, turning 44 has been an eye opener. it's true what they say. my metabolism really has slowed down. i eat much healthier now than i ever have and my old walking routine is just not cutting it. since '09 i have gained over 15 lbs and am trying to get back down to under 130....where i personally feel my best while not sacrificing a 'doable' life. i have decided to really get my body back NOW, because that dreaded M word is just around the corner (menopause - shudder)... i want to look and feel better than i ever have in my life while in my 40's and 50's and that is my new goal.

i would LOVE to find like minded people my age and older for inspiration, motivation and accountability :)

Replies

• conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm here...I'm 42 and have the same struggles. Feel free to add me as a friend.

~Dawn
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to MFP and congratz on the initiative. Good Luck your are welcome to add me.
  • ScoutMom1
    ScoutMom1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Also new, not to the website but to taking it seriously this time. Also in my 40's please free to add me as a friend if you like. I too am looking for support and inspiration. Good luck to you :)
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi, I'm mid 50's...and was experiencing everything you are talking about during the last dacade. The pounds just crept on, slowly. I have to work a little harder now, but I'm doing it.
  • loseisthegoal4me
    Options
    It is so much harder in my 40's - a pound a week gets so frustrating. There are a couple of threads for those of us in the same boat - but know you are not alone.

I let myself gain so much more than you and I have made the determination enough is enough!! We can do this.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Almost 42 and I hear ya! After 10 months of trying to lose weight, I'm back down to the weight I was in college. The difference is, then I could eat whatever I wanted and I didn't work out at all and now I have to watch every calorie and work my butt off at the gym every day. Good luck to you and feel free to add me!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Turning 47 in September and going through the same things. This website and the support of the people I've "met" here have been life-changing for me. Please add me if you'd like!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm 47.
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 41 and I feel the same way... The older I get, the harder it is to lose or even maintain a weight loss.. Feel free to add me!

~Tina
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 46 and struggling with the weight too. Feel free to add me as a friend. You'll find everyone here is very helpful and motivating!

Dawn
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel....I am just trying to lose a few and it gets harder and harder every year....and with kids in the picture that seem to suck more time out of the day. You can add me if you would like .. Janet
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    sorry I forgot to post my age i am 44
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm 49 and trying like heck to get in shape (other than round) before I turn 50. This site has helped me immensely and the people are amazing. It is harder to get the weight off than it was before, but I'm making slow progress. I don't diet, but I am making healthier choices most of the time and I am now aware of what I'm putting in to my body. I have to work out twice as long as I did at 45, but at least I am healthy and strong enough to do it.

Add me if you'd like, I can always use "mature" friends.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is funny cuz I was just going to post a thread exactly like this one! I just turned 46 last week! Please add me if you would like! Together we can all be 40's & Fabulous! :happy:
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Would love some "like-minded" friends! ;)
    I am 41--have three children under three and have been on MFP for 3 weeks!

Please feel free to add me as well!

9179028.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I just turned 44 this month!

I have really cleaned up my diet and focused on getting those stubborn pounds off.

Feel free to add me as well and Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can add me as a friend, too. I'm 47 and decided to join MFP this past winter. My siblings and I have always been a bit overweight, and I seriously started thinking about all their health issues (I'm the youngest) and realized I don't want to go through what they have with diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi - Welcome to MFP. This is an awesome website with absolutely fantastic people! Things have been going downhill for years-literally. Everything is either sagging or hanging. Knee flaps? Elbow flaps? How the heck did I get these??? I didn't have them in my 20's or even my 30's that I can remember. I never thought I could lose the weight I wanted to but MFP made it so simple.
    Feel free to add me if you would like. I am always looking for MFP friends that I have something in common with!
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I hit 40 in April, it was a turning point for me. Don't think I've ever felt so good. Feel free to add me, the more motivation, the merrier!
  • bluesky1234
    bluesky1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with mfp today! I turn 48 in a few days...and I need to lose 13 lbs to get back to my comfortable weight. Perimenopause has started, and losing the weight is so much harder than it was. But it's doable, and I'm excited to use this sight to help me reach my goals. I'm looking forward to using this community to get and give support!