What's your go-to breakfast food?

Options

Replies

• ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat on the go.... So I make a fantastic homemade high protein bar that has nots of oatmeal, and fiber in it that tastes just like a no bake cookie.. I eat them all the time for my breakfast YUM!

Do you have this recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry in the morning. Never. I used to get in such trouble as a kid for lying to my parents about what I ate for breakfast, since they were so set on me eating breakfast. I get that a lot of people think it's best to eat breakfast, but it's counter-intuitive for me. I'm working on being able to distinguish between being actually hungry vs just craving something to eat. And learning how to NOT eat when I'm NOT hungry. To eat breakfast when I'm not hungry derails that for me.

My breakfast? Coffee. A tablespoon of creamer and a couple packets of sweetener.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Mine changes every week or so. This week it's an omelet with chicken and cheese. So tastey, and quick since I cook up some chicken ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for breakfast.
  • beccaellena
    beccaellena Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    soy joys and one fruit!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Rude health muesli
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    4 egg whites, 2 slices of turkey and salsa
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too! I usually switch it up between regular oatmeal and cream of wheat. But I do get bored so currently I am eating a bowl of Special K cereal and a piece of fruit. Then I have a yogurt cup after my morning workout. I know it is boring, but if I stick with it than I won't stray and make pancakes.....I love pancakes, LOL.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I have banana and oatmeal smoothie made with apple juice, a pear and a handful of spinach. We have it pretty much every day. It tastes great and because the spinach makes it green, we feel like it's really really healthy! :love:
  • tonialeem
    tonialeem Posts: 42
    Options
    open faces sandwhich with laughing cow light cheese, tomato slices and egg
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    plain fage, fruit (either berries-blueberries or strawberries, or a nectarine and kiwi etc) spectrum ground flax seed with berries, cinnamon, and sometimes a little organic unsweetened applesauce :)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I finally got around to trying overnight oatmeal and I'm loving it. I'm doing:

1/4c steel cut oats
    1/4c almond milk (I'm doing a sweetened silk vanilla because it was on sale)
    1/4c kroger carbmaster yogurt - vanilla chai
    a little bit of cinnamon

in the morning, I mix in 1/4c blackberries and 1/4c raspberries and I'm not hungry for hours

I think it's better if it can sit at least 12 hours with the steel cut oats.

My dietitian insists on my having fat, carb and protein in my meals, and this covers all three, while still being relatively low fat. You could use a fat free yogurt instead if you wanted. She's also been after me to add more fruits to my diet (I'm not a big fruit fan) so I'm getting in a serving of fruit, too.
  • Kelly4877
    Kelly4877 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal. Boring but I love it! And I usually have a sliced apple mid-morning.
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I never get tired of eggs and toast. I eat 2 egg whites/1 whole egg either over medium or scrambled with healthy life 40 cal toast, 2 slices of ham and always always a fresh tomato!
    love it....will probably be my dinner tonight too:)
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be oatmeal with bananas and/or strawberries. My family pokes fun at me for eating it every morning. They don't understand why I like it so much, they say it taste pretty bland without sugar.

So what's your breakfast of choice?

Sounds similar to mine....
    Oatmeal with frozen blueberries (or raspberries), half a banana, some peanut flour and a packet of sun crystals.....using peanut butter makes it creamier but i love using peanut flour for less calories. I also started adding cinnamon for extra antioxidants!
  • ybelen
    ybelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be oatmeal with blueberries
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    3 eggs in the mircrowave with cheese, spinach & garlic! Oh..., & coffee.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    non-fat greek yogurt, tbs of honey, blueberries, banana & granola. I eat it almost everyday. I never get tired of it.
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    Kashi golean!!!! -140 w/ silk almond milk 3/4 cup-26
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Fried egg sandwich - every morning:

Orowheat Multigrain Sandwich thin - toasted
    Fresh egg (courtesy of the hens out back)
    One slice of Kirkland oven roasted sliced turkey
    1 tsp of ketchup = 219 cals and a happy mama until lunch.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sardines and avocado. Lots of protein and practically no sugar. Keeps the cravings away till lunch hits around 11am.