Feelings

Replies

• I usually drink until I can't feel feelings, so........there's that
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Technically, yes, correcting grammar does violate the TOS here. It falls under 'No attacks/insults' I believe. That particular one is a pet peeve and I correct my husband on it ALL the time. He's yet to have his feelings hurt, but he still says it incorrectly so he's probably not even listening to me at this point... :tongue: But I won't correct anyone if I see it here; not worth the warning.

The funniest thing I see along these lines on various forums (not just this one) is when people correct others' grammar...using incorrect grammar. ;)

I HAVE gotten slapped (again, not on this particular forum) for correcting someone's correction...that didn't bother me. I just thought it was ironic so I pointed it out. But honestly, most people are not Language Arts majors and let's be realistic: when we correct others' grammar online, it's probably less about genuinely wanting the person to avoid embarrassment and more about us wanting to assure ourselves of how good we are with grammar. :D

What it all winds up being is just one giant S-storm...which, again, is probably why it tends to be frowned upon. It's more the idea of derailment, I'd think.
  • LAWoman72
    edited May 2017
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I was recently reported for explaining to someone that he should be saying "I couldn't care less" rather than "I could care less". I received a chastising message explaining that I must refrain from correcting the grammar of others. Fragility. Feelings. And yes, that message from the administrator did hurt my feelings...

I thought that was TOS (correcting grammar), not feelings, or am I thinking of another forum? Too lazy to look it up right now.

And I sincerely doubt the reason is fragility and so on. More likely it's because a total derailment to the tune of 10 pages or more is sure to follow. :dizzy:

Surely you've noticed this?

Anyway, just my guess?

I don't even feel like it was some ticky-tack grammar correction (like a their/there or lose/loose correction), it was just correcting a term that a guy was misusing in a fairly benign way. Sigh, okay, go ahead dude, continue looking silly by using a term incorrectly, I will just step aside and let you and your feelings be on your way, lol.

Once again, if it's against TOS it is, and has absolutely zip to do with the person's feelings.

Have you wondered why you are invested in deciding it all had to do with feelings?

Uhh, to be a "violation of TOS" it has to be reported to an admin, and the only reason one would do such a thing is because...hurt feelings :'(:'( . I'm not invested in anyone's feelings in MFP-land. I'm just sharing a story on a thread entitled "feelings" (seems like a good place to do it), and hoping that people will become a little bit more resilient and not have meltdowns over trivial things.

Nah. I've reported posts against posts I never made simply because I thought the person was being a *kitten*.

Your goal seems reasonable. Mine is to get people to see that they're doing the SAME thing but in a way they feel makes them better/superior. Again...there's a "feelz" right there, and there's a reason. Instead of complaining about others' feelings we really should get a handle on our own first, and we'll then be less easily annoyed, as some people are displaying here.

So, now we understand one another. :)
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    We all want to be like Gordon Ramsay in his kitchen, but we all want snuggles and to be called special. Isn't an issue of not being thick-skinned; it is the fact we can't physically retaliate against said *kitten* in most cases. The only retaliation some would have is a 'feelings post'. Most of what is stated within online forums would never be said directly to someone so 'directly' if you will.

That being said; welcome to the internet, where being an *kitten* has no repercussions outside of making a new username.

Cheers!
  • LAWoman72
    Refer to my avatar.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

But we care about yours...

Can we get a group hug over here?

C'mon, you big brute. Hugs to ya.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Not so subtle brag thread? :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I believe it may boil down to... the truth hurts.

Trooth!

..ouch
  • LAWoman72
    Refer to my avatar.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

But we care about yours...

Can we get a group hug over here?

C'mon, you big brute. Hugs to ya.

Never

Stand still.

Stop struggling.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    13r1gx.jpg
  • Timshel_
    tr10meme.jpg
  • Timshel_
    tumblr_na6iqxyDmd1roqv59o1_500.png
  • Timshel_
    And to bring it around from a man who speaks and lives it...

quote-softness-of-heart-is-an-admirable-quality-but-when-it-extends-its-area-until-it-also-becomes-theodore-roosevelt-262879.jpg
  • LAWoman72
    edited May 2017
    Timshel_ wrote: »

quote-softness-of-heart-is-an-admirable-quality-but-when-it-extends-its-area-until-it-also-becomes-theodore-roosevelt-262879.jpg

And most people do (combine heart and head).

MOST people are not either wet piles of nearly-incapable mush, nor robots.

So there's really no problem here that I can see, except the whole "My feelings are okay, as long as I make them sound angry/irritated/scornful, but yours aren't because...well, they're yours, so I'll make sure they sound maudlin/weepy/ridiculous even if they aren't...in fact, even if they never even happened but I want to insist they did."

I mean as long as some of us are talking illogic here. ;) IMO, that POV pretty much takes the cake on that score.
  • Timshel_
    Teddy is the only good Roosevelt

Disagree. FDR moved and led a nation in one of the most difficult times. Record unemployment, cusp of war...

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror that paralyses needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

I don't agree with all his methods and programs, but can't argue with success imho.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2017
    Timshel_ wrote: »

And most people do (combine heart and head).

MOST people are not either wet piles of nearly-incapable mush, nor robots.

So there's really no problem here that I can see, except the whole "My feelings are okay, as long as I make them sound angry/irritated/scornful, but yours aren't because...well, they're yours, so I'll make sure they sound maudlin/weepy/ridiculous even if they aren't...in fact, even if they never even happened but I want to insist they did."

I mean as long as some of us are talking illogic here. ;) IMO, that POV pretty much takes the cake on that score.

Lol Mushy robots! I am trying to picture that in my head.